听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【VOA快速教室】 » VOA标准英语2011.10.09(2)
返回列表 发帖

VOA标准英语2011.10.09(2)

Six years ago, Taylor gave up a successful medical practice in the San Francisco Bay Area to start the non-profit organization Prevention International: No Cervical Cancer. PINCC, pronounced ''pink,'' operates out of Taylor's house in Oakland, California.
六年前,泰勒放弃了在旧金山港湾区成功的医学实验,开建了自己的非营利性的国际预防宫颈癌组织。PINCC(跟“pink”发音一样)已经在泰勒加利福尼亚州的奥克兰家里开始开始运行了。
The bedrooms have been converted to office space and her living room is overflowing with medical supplies and equipment.
泰勒的卧房已经改成了办公室,客厅也堆满了医疗器械。
''I found three cases of cervical cancer in that two-week visit. I'd seen three cases of cervical cancer in my 25-year practice, so I was stunned, and I started to do some research and discovered that it is so high in these countries, just as if they hadn't invented the Pap smear, which is what we use to control it here.''
“在那次为期两周的旅程中,我发现了3个宫颈癌病例。在我之前25的工作中也只遇到了3例宫颈癌病患,所以这让我很震惊。所以,我开始做一些研究,结果发现宫颈癌在这些国家的发病率是很高的,仿佛在她们居住的地方都没有发明巴氏涂片(子宫颈抹片检查),而我们正是用它来控制宫颈癌的。”

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

返回列表