听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【VOA快速教室】 » VOA标准英语2011.10.10(1)
返回列表 发帖

VOA标准英语2011.10.10(1)

By examining cells from a woman's cervix on a Pap smear, HPV infections can be quickly identified and treated. But for most poor women in developing countries, these exams are often inaccessible and unaffordable. Taylor was determined to find a cost-effective way to bring free medical care to these women.
通过巴氏涂片检查女性子宫颈的细胞,人乳头状病毒感染可以很快的确认出来并治疗。但是对于在发展中国家的大多数穷困的妇女来说,这些检查通常都很难供应,支付不起。Taylor下决心找出一个划算的方法来对这些妇女进行免费医疗护理。
“I remember sitting in my office doing a screening for the abnormal cells and treating this woman and thinking, 'You know, I could put all this equipment in a suitcase and I could take it there and teach doctors and nurses to do this new method that had just been discovered and proven and which allows us to see and treat the condition in one visit.' And that was sort of my hard  moment. This wonderful method has now been discovered. It can be used in these countries and taught and doesn’t cost a lot of money.”
我还记得自己坐在办公室里检查这个妇女的异常细胞,给予治疗。我就在想,你也知道,我可以将所有的这些仪器放在一个小手提箱里,将它们带到这儿并教授医生和护士们这个已经被发现和证实了的新方法,它们让我们可以在一次旅程中给予观察并治疗。那个时刻算是我艰难的时刻吧。这个绝佳的办法现在已经被发现了。它可以在这些国家使用并教授,而它并不需要花费多少钱。

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

返回列表