听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 口语提升 » 情景会话:美国社会保险Social security in the US
返回列表 发帖

情景会话:美国社会保险Social security in the US

音频收听地址:http://talk.oralpractice.com/article_2411.html

A:Well, that was an interesting documentary! 那是个有意思的纪录片。

B:For sure! I didn’t really understand some of the technical jargon they used in the film when they talked about social security in the US. 当然,我不明白影片中档他们谈到美国社会保险时提及的一些技术术语。

A:Like what? 比如说?

B:Well, they mentioned how people put away money in something called a 401K? 他们提到人们如何将钱投进一个叫401K的东西。

A:Yeah, I know it sounds weird, but a 401k is a type of retirement plan that allows employees to save and invest for their own retirement. Through a you can authorize your employer to deduct a certain amount of money from your paycheck and invest it in the plan. Everyone tries to contribute as much as possible so that when you retire, you can rest peacefully on your nest egg. 我知道它听起来和奇怪,事实上401K是一项退休计划,它允许雇员将钱省下来为了以后的退休而投资。通过这个机会,你可以授权雇主从你的工资中扣除一定量的钱,并将钱投入那个计划。每个人都尽可能的出钱,以便当你退休时可以安享晚年。

B:That’s interesting and logical I guess. In my country, we also have to contribute to a government-run retirement fund, but most people don’t really trust it so they just invest in properties or things like that. 那很有意思也很符合逻辑。在我的国家,我们必须拿些钱加入政府经管的基金,但是大多数人并不相信,人们还是将钱投到房产或类似的东西上。

A:That seems a bit unstable don’t you think? 那看起来不稳定,你不觉得吗?

B:Yeah, but corrupt governments in the past have created distrust among banks and financial institutions, so now people prefer to have money hidden in a jar or a piggy bank. 是的,但是目前的政府让银行和金融机构感到不可信任。所以现在人们更愿意将钱藏到罐子里或是存到贪心的银行里。

A:I’ve been thinking of doing that lately! I don’t want some banker to run off with my money! 我也正在向那么做。我不想让某个银行家将我的钱卷走。

注释:
Social Security 美国政府推行的一项保护某些群体的政策
invest vt. 投资
The state has planned to invest two millions in the dam.
国家计划投资两百万元修建这个大坝。
【拓展词汇】
pension n.养老金,抚恤金
disability insurance伤残保险
survivor benefits遗属津贴(援助那些劳动力死亡的家庭)
unemployment benefits/compensation 事业保险
defined benefit plan养老金的固定受益计划
分享更多情景口语对话

返回列表