听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » Each day is special 每一天都特别-(111122)
返回列表 发帖

Each day is special 每一天都特别-(111122)

“千万不要把东西留到什么特殊日子再用,其实生命中的每一天都是特殊的日子……”直到现在,我仍然认为他的这席话改变了我的生活。“将来某一天”、“总有一天”之类的字眼已从我的词典中彻底消失。对那些值得去看,去听或去做的事情,我都会立刻付诸行动,毫不耽搁。

A friend of mine opened his wife's underwear drawer and picked up a silk paper wrapped package:

"This, - he said - isn't any ordinary package." He unwrapped the box and stared at both the silk paper and the box.

"She got this the first time we went to New York, 8 or 9 years ago. She has never put it on. Was saving it for a special occasion.

Well, I guess this is it. He got near the bed and placed the gift box next to the other clothings he was taking to the funeral house, his wife had just died. He turned to me and said:

"Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion".

I still think those words changed my life. Now I read more and clean less. I sit on the porch without worrying about anything. I spend more time with my family, and less at work. I understood that life should be a source of experience to be lived up to, not survived through. I no longer keep anything. I use crystal glasses every day. I'll wear new clothes to go to the supermarket, if i feel like it. I don't save my special perfume for special occasions, I use it whenever I want to. The words "Someday..." and "One Day..." are fading away from my dictionary. If it's worth seeing, listening or doing, I want to see, listen or do it now.

I don't know what my friend's wife would have done if she knew she wouldn't be there the next morning, this nobody can tell. I think she might have called her relatives and closest friends.

She might call old friends to make peace over past quarrels. I'd like to think she would go out for Chinese, her favourite food. It's these small things that I would regret not doing, if I knew my time had come. I would regret it, because I would no longer see the friends I would meet, letters... letters that i wanted to write "One of this days". I would regret and feel sad, because I didn't say to my brothers and sons, not times enough at least, how much I love them.

Now, I try not to delay, postpone or keep anything that could bring laughter and joy into our lives. And, on each morning, I say to myself that this could be a special day. Each day, each hour, each minute, is special.

附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

After reading this article,I really have a lot to share and to say with u all.

Why not we always say to ourselves that we so regret about haven't have chance or time to do this or to do that or to have a try?

we all know the reason,but we don't like to or easy to recognize.

"Day" will not wait for us all the time.

SO,I decided,I do right now.

这篇文章我看过中文的,写的不错。

回复 3# 绝句

I think so,too.

U can share the Chinese.

Since then before i read the article in chinese for first time,i also think that changed me a lot.
The article is so good.Tks for you chare.

评分人数

• sunny萝卜

Each day is special

评分人数

回复 5# lynnfish

hope english one can also help you improve your English.

回复 6# sunnyraintsk

really right

Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion

回复 9# 小尾巴猪

It's the point of this article.

返回列表