听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 听力提高 » 听力原文收集区
返回列表 发帖

高二英语 Unit2(听力原文)

BEHIND THE HEADLINES
     Newspapers and other media do more than simply record what happens.Experienced editors and reporters make informed decisions about what events to report and how to report them.They also make sure that readers Can relate to the stories.We asked two of China’s many talented journalists,Chen Ying and Zhu Lin,to tell us more about news and newspapers.The two reporters agreed to switch roles for once and be the interviewees rather than the interviewers in order to let us know about their work and how the news we read is made.
     Q:How do you decide what you are going to write?
     ZHU LIN:Before I decide what I’m going to write.I have to discuss the article with my editor.He listens to my ideas and gives me his suggestions.For long and important articles,for example a feature story,the editor will tell me how I should develop the story.The editor’s job is to keep the newspaper balanced and interesting to the readers.
     CHEN YING:Much of a reporter's work is done before he or she actually starts writing.A reporter begins by contacting the people to be interviewed and then prepares questions.Interviewing someone is difficult.A reporter must know how to ask the right questions and how to get people to talk about the topic.After the interview,the reporter must present the material in an organised way and make sure that the article reflects events and opinions truthfully.
     Q: Which of the articles that you have written do you like best?
     CHEN YING:My favourite article is the one I wrote about the efforts to bring stolen cultural relics back to China.To write this story.I had to contact famous museums around the world and interview both Chinese and international experts in the field.I like the article because it's both news and an interesting story.
     ZHU LIN:Even though I have interviewed many famous people,the story I like best is about an ordinary young woman who tried to adapt to her new life after having studied abroad.I like the story because it was the first time that I had written with real passion and because it made me realise that everyone’s life is different.
     Q: If you could write any article you want, what would you write about and why?
ZHU LIN:I Want to explore the mysteries in life.I would like to write about music, art, nature and the importance of spiritual fulfillment.
     CHEN YING:I want to write about people you seldom read about,for example people who have AIDS or who are addicted to drugs.Their stories must be told if we want to solve difficult social problems and help those who suffer from them.For a reporter,the basic task is to report an event truthfully.We shouldn’t ignore what happens even if it is difficult for people to accept some stories.
     The media can often help solve problems and draw attention to situations where help is needed.For example, newspapers like China Daily or The People’s Daily help us understand what life is like in other parts of China and the rest of the world.Carefully written articles can help people become interested in important questions around the world.TV programmes and printed articles also help people in other countries learn about China and the Chinese people.The result is a better understanding of the world on all sides, leading to a future world where people from all countries are respected and different views and opinions are tolerated.

A small group of fewer than a hundred people caused trouble for workers at our city’s most successful company today.The rude and noisy group made it difficult for the workers to get into the factory.Fortunately, most of the trouble-makers left peacefully after the police arrived,but a few of them fought with the company’s guards and had to be taken to the police station.

More than ninety responsible and caring citizens made their voices heard today.The citizens,all of whom love nature and our planet,demonstrated outside the city's worst polluter.Brave and strong,the activists talked to workers outside the factory and left a positive message about protecting the earth.The peaceful meeting ended when the company sent out a group of angry men armed with sticks to fight with the citizens.

IN THE PUBLIC EYE
    She is one of China’s fifty most successful business leaders and she has been described as being“bigger than Oprah”.Well known to one billion viewers,Yang Lan is among China’s most popular TV personalities.Born in Beijing in 1968,Yang Lan began her career as the host for the popular“Zheng Da TV show”.She was only 21 at the time and had just graduated from Beijing Foreign Studies University.Becoming the host of a show with an audience of 200 million at such a young age was a big challenge,but Yang Lan was ready for it and quickly became popular.
    Many of us would probably have stayed on to enjoy the fame and money that come with being a TV star, but Yang Lan had more important plans.She left the show after four years and went to New York City to get a Master’s degree at Columbia University.Her experience abroad inspired her and she made up her mind to create a new kind of TV station for Chinese viewers.When Yang Lan returned to China,she decided to develop her interest in business.Together with her husband,she started her own media company,Sun Media.
    When Yang Lan grew up,her family did not have a television.She remembers how she and the other children in her neighbourhood would sit in front of a small black and white TV owned by one of the other families in her building.TV was a new thing at the time,but Yang Lan thought that the powerful medium could be used in a different way.She wanted to make shows that were both entertaining and educational.When she was studying abroad,she produced a feature show (专题片) called“Horizon”.The show introduced American popular culture to Chinese viewers.Viewers liked the first season of“Horizon”, but Yang Lan wanted to do something more serious and meaningful.The following year, she began interviewing important people,such as Dr Henry Kissinger, and discussing social issues.Her viewers were pleased and the show became even more popular.She later developed“Yang Lan One on One”,having interviewed more than 300 opinion leaders around the world.
    Despite the incredible success of her media company, she has not forgotten what made her want to be a journa-list in the first place.One of Yang Lan’s goals is to create a distinctly Chinese show that can act as a positive force in real life.Chinese people today,Yang tan notes, want to watch shows that deal with problems they may experience in their own life.such as how to fit in the fast-changing society.Her mesa company’s goal,she says,is“to educate through entertainment,and to illuminate (启发) through information.”

评分人数

• 李武军

时尚英语话题 05 (听力原文)

时尚英语话题05
Quality time on the weekend

Do you have any plans for the weekend? I hope you do. If you don’t, check out the culture page in your local paper or on the internet, or just sit down and think of something that you want to do.
I hope to go on a small road trip this weekend. I have a few ideas. But my wife and I have decided exactly where to go. What you do on the weekends obviously depends on the weather. If it’s nice and warm outside, we often play in the water. This means we could have a water fight with squirt guns outside the house, or we could go to the ocean and splash in the water there. When it’s really cold, we’d like to go sliding. You can pay and go on man-made slopes, but we’d like to grab a box and slide down the slippery slopes with the neighborhood kids. So what’s it going to be this weekend? Indoor staff- bowling, shopping, walking around the museum; or outdoor staff- going for a hike or a bike-ride or simply a walk. Of course you can always stay home and play a board game, or watch a family video game all together. Sometimes we buy a jigsaw puzzle, and put it together on the kitchen table while just taking to each other. It’s nice to work together as a team.
I hope to spend some quality time with my family even it’s for a short time. I want to focus on the quality. I hope you and your loved ones also could spend some quality time together. It’s not just how much time you spend with someone but how will you spend the time with that person that counts. It’s the quality, not the quantity that’s important.
Remember. If you don’t have a plan for the weekend yet, take a moment and make one.

Talk about it:
What are your plans for the weekend?
What do you usually do on the weekend?
Do you prefer indoor or outdoor activities?
Do you usually do activities alone or with people?
What activities do you do with your family?
What does quality time mean to you?
What are some quality time activities?
Do you usually make plans or just do things when you want to?
If you could go anywhere with your family, where would you go?

评分人数

• 李武军

时尚英语话题 01 (听力原文)

时尚英语话题 01
What’s new?
Can you smell, see or hear new? I think so. Did you ever smell new back to school clothes, bags, note books and pencils? You can see all sorts of new items, and programs, and teachers at school. You can hear the sounds of friends getting together and talking about what they did over the summer break. You can also hear new things on the radio.
One way we greet each other is simply by saying: What’s new? We want to hear new stories; we want to know what’s new in our friends’ life; we love new fashions; we enjoy new technology; and let’s not forget the latest new news about our favorite movie stars.
New is nice and exciting, but sometimes it makes me nervous. I miss my friends who graduated; I miss the people I’m used to seeing and hearing. New, means that I have to get used to something. New shoes are nice, but they aren’t always comfortable. They take time to get used to.
A new day, a new week, and even a new season… Perhaps I should have a new attitude and welcome all these new staff. It’s time for some new adventures. Well, a new day is out there and I have to make it mine. I hope you feel the same way, too.

Talk about it:
Do you like new things?
What kind of new things do you like?
What do you think of when you hear the word ‘new’?
Can you talk about something new that you’ve done recently?
What new things would you like to do in the future?
Do you like going to new places?
How long does it take you to get used to something new?
Are new things comfortable or uncomfortable?
Do you like meeting new people?

评分人数

• 李武军

回复 291# 6674674 的帖子

www.tingroom.com 那么多听力教程哦。

想听力

我看看昂。

海事英语600句 03

海事英语600句 03
音频文件不好用啊,怎么了?

好,偶会尽力滴。

海事英语600句文本(2)

海事英语600句文本(2)
OCCUPATION OF SAFTY INSTRUCTIONS
1)Prepare training plan for occupation of safty.
2)Prepare training plan regarding type of vessels.
3)Carry out training plan regarding route of vessel.
4)I  have taken training course for GMDSS equipment.
5)When was the last training session on occupation of safty?
5)When is the next training session on occupation of safty?(应该是6)
7)Next training session is on 5th,May.

评分人数

• 李武军

谢谢版主--

一会再发一篇,同时希望版主和会员朋友帮助寻找‘温哥华来客’和 ‘出访英伦’的音频--

回复 284# DAVIDLV 的帖子

很棒阿,希望继续哦。

海事英语600句文本(1)

1.SHIP'S PARTICULARS
1)What is your LOA(length overall) ?
2)Vessel's deadweight is 5350 tons.
3)No.1 hold capacity is 17625 cubic metres.
4)Bale capacity is 14976 cubic metres.
5)Container capacity is 12384 TEU
6)Vessel has 43 reefer plugs
7)How many tons can vessel load on deck?
8)What is length of No.2 hold?
9)Length of No.2 hold is 10 metres.
10)Depth of No.4 hold is 15 metres.
11)Size of hatch openings is 8 x 5 metres.
12)What is the safe load of No.2 hold?
13)Safe load of upper-deck of No.2 hold is 7 tons per square metre.
14)What is fuel oil consumption of your vessel per day?
我自己听写出来的,如果需要会继续发--

评分人数

RERF

EWREW

谢谢各位大哥,大姐!新年好!

为了金币^^顶啊顶

bump up
give mutual support !

hi26太感谢你了。

Lesson9 Oxford
What is so special about Oxford and Cambridge, the two oldest universities in England? Why do so many students want to study there?
Both of these university towns are very beautiful. They have some of the finest architecture in Britain. Some of their colleges, chapels and libraries are three, four or even up to seven hundred years old, and are full of valuable books and precious paintings. Both towns have many lovely gardens, where the students can read and relax in the summer months.
Oxford is the older university of the two. The first of its colleges was founded in 1249. The university now has thirty-four colleges and about twelve thousand students, many of them from other countries. There were no women students at Oxford until 1878, when the first women's college, Lady Margaret Hall, opened. Now, women study at all colleges but one for Monks in training.
Oxford is, of course, famous for its first class education as well as its beautiful buildings. It boasts a quiet atmosphere, friendly colleagues, and the four-hundred-year-old Bodleian library, which has over five million books.
It is not easy to get a place at Oxford University to study for a degree, but outside the university there are many smaller private colleges which offer less difficult courses and where it is easy to enrol. Most students in these private schools take business, secretarial or English language courses.

chapel 小教堂,小礼拜堂
precious 珍贵的
colleague 同事
enrol 登记,入学
secretarial 秘书的,秘书工作的

牛津大学
英国最古老的两所大学——牛津大学和剑桥大学有什么独特的魅力呢?为什么这么多学生希望到牛津和剑桥来学习?
这两座大学城都十分漂亮。这里有一些全英国最精美的建筑,一些学院、教堂和图书馆始建于三四百年甚至七百年前,里面藏有珍贵的图书和绘画。这两座大学城都有许多美丽的花园,学子们在夏日里可以在这里读书和休闲。
牛津的历史比剑桥更悠久,其最早的学院始建于1249年。牛津现有三十四个学院,有大约一万两千学生,其中有许多是留学生。1878年第一个女子学院——玛格丽特•霍尔学院成立,在这之前,牛津是没有女学生的。而现在除了一个僧侣学院外其他所有的学院都招收女学生。
当然令牛津闻名于世的不仅是其精美的建筑物,还有其一流的教学。这里有优雅的环境,友好的同事,以及一个有着四百年历史、藏书五百多万册的牛津大学博德利图书馆。
要得到在牛津大学学习和获得学位的机会是很难的。但是在牛津大学的外围有许多小一点的私立学院,那里的课程要容易一点,入学的难度也不大。这些私立学院的学生大多在修商务、文秘和英语等课程
Lesson10 A Student's Guide to Exam Stress
As exam fever heats up, keep your cool with tips from our health correspondent Dr Barry Lynch.
Stress is difficult to define but most of us know it when we experience it. We may have mental symptoms: panic, feeling trapped or overwhelmed. Or there may be physical symptoms: sweating palms, butterflies, headaches, breathlessness or sleeplessness.
Stress can cause us to feel overwhelmed and powerless to tackle the very things that are causing the stress in the first place. So make a carefully written plan and the problems will seem less overwhelming. Ticking off each thing as you do it will help you feel there is light at the end of the tunnel.
When you're writing your revision plan, make sure you include some time off — exactly an hour or whatever — before you go back to work. Look forward to your time off and do something pleasant in it. Work out little treats and rewards for yourself as you tick off each thing on your plan. The treats can be simple: an ice cream, half an hour listening to your personal stereo, or walking the dog.
Easier said than done, I know, but exercise is one of the best ways of relaxing: it's the natural way to deal with adrenaline and similar hormones that are rushing around your body. A walk will help; a quick swim or half an hour of tennis or another game is even better.
Don't drink endless cups of tea or coffee: although caffeine is a stimulant it will eventually only make you tenser and nervous.
Don't try to go without sleep — sleep is a natural way of relieving stress.
Don't be tempted to use alcohol or other drugs to relieve stress. They create more problems than they solve.

correspondent 记者
symptom 症状
overwhelmed 紧张不安
butterfly 神经质发抖
adrenaline 肾上腺素
hormone 激素

学生如何缓解考试压力
当考试的热潮一浪高过一浪时,你必须保持冷静,下面就听听我们的健康记者巴里•林奇博士的建议吧。
压力很难定义,但是当我们遇到压力时就知道了什么叫压力。我们可能会有精神上的症状:惊慌,感到无助或不知所措。或许还有生理上的症状:手出汗,胃不舒服,头痛,喘不过气来或失眠。
压力能使我们感到不安和无力处理那些最初导致压力产生的事情。所以制定一份详细的书面计划可以使麻烦易于解决。每做完一件事后你就勾掉它,这样,你就会感到希望就在前头。
当你制定计划时,千万留出一些休息时间——在你重新回去工作前——要有一小时左右的时间。盼望着休息时间快来,到时候做些令人愉快的事情。当你在计划上勾掉一件事时,就给自己一点小小的奖赏。奖赏可以非常简单:一个冰激凌,听半小时音乐或溜溜狗。
我知道说起来容易做起来难,其实运动是最好的放松方法之一:它能很自然地消除由于紧张不安而导致的内分泌激增。
散步就有所帮助,快速游泳或打半小时的网球或其他运动将更有好处。
不要不停地喝茶或咖啡:虽然咖啡因有刺激作用,但它最终只会让你越来越紧张不安。
不要熬夜——睡眠是减轻压力的自然方法。
不要为了减轻压力而经受不住酒精或其他药品的诱惑。它们制造的麻烦会比它们解决的问题更多。

评分人数

背诵为王 第三册

Lesson5 A Lawn That Takes a Long Time To Make
Mr. Anderson lives in America, and last year he came to England to visit his father's hometown.
There was a big garden in the town with green grass in the centre. A gardener was watering it, and Mr. Anderson said to him, "Good morning. Is this your garden?"
"No," answered the gardener, "it isn't mine, but I work here."
"How do people get such a beautiful lawn?' Mr. Anderson asked."Ours are never as good as this.'
The gardener stopped his work and looked at Mr. Anderson. Then he said, "You are from America, aren't you?"
Mr. Anderson answered, "Yes, but my father came from here."
"Well,"the gardener said, "it's easy to grow lawns like this.
Let me tell you how."
Mr. Anderson went into the garden. 'My name's Anderson,' he said to the gardener, "What's yours?"
"My name's Gray," the gardener answered, "Now about the lawns.
First we sow our seeds; then when the grass appears, we pull all the weeds out; after that, we cut the grass every week. We water it every day when the weather is very dry."
"Oh," Mr. Anderson answered, "that's very interesting, Gray, and how long does it take before the lawn ends up like this?
The gardener thought for a few moments and then answered, 'Oh, about four hundred years."

lawn 草坪
sow 播种

历时弥久长成的草坪
安德森先生住在美国,去年他到英国参观他父亲的家乡。
镇上有个大公园,中间是绿草地。
一个园丁正在浇水,安德森先生对他说:“早上好。这是你的花园吗?”
“不是,”园丁答道,“不是我的,不过我在这里工作。”
“怎么才能有这么漂亮的草地呢?”安德森问,“我们从没有这么好的草坪。”
园丁停下手中的活,看着安德森先生问:“你是美国人,对吗?”
安德森先生回答:“是的,不过我父亲原是英国人。”
“哦,”园丁说:“种一块这样的草地很容易,我现在就告诉你。”
安德森先生走进公园。“我叫安德森。”,他问园丁,“你叫什么?”
“格雷,”园丁说,“现在来说说草坪。首先我们播种,然后等小草长出来后,除掉野草,之后每周都修剪。天气干燥的时候每天都浇水。”
“噢,”安德森先生回道,“真有意思,格雷,不过长成一块像这样的草地要多长时间呀?”园丁想了一会,之后说:“呃,大约四百年。”

Lesson6 Schools
In America, all children from six to sixteen go to school.
They spend six years in 'elementary' school, and four or six years in 'secondary or 'high' school. School education is free. At the end of every school year, the child takes a test.
If he does well, he goes into the next grade. If he doesn't do well, he has to repeat the grade. Some schools have modern teaching equipment, like computers and closed circuit television, but there are also small country schools, with just one classroom. At the end of their time at school, most students get a high school diploma. If they want to go on to college, they take college admission tests.
In Britain, all children from five to sixteen go to school. They spend six years in 'primary' school, and then go on to 'secondary' school. In Britain there are 'state' schools, which are free, and private schools for which parents pay.
Many British private schools are 'boarding' schools. The children stay at school all the time, and only come home in the holidays. They usually wear uniforms at all schools.
Teaching in both countries is usually quite informal. Students often work together in groups, and go to the teacher only when they need help.

closed circuit television 闭路电视
diploma 文凭,毕业证书
boarding school 寄宿学校

学校
在美国,六岁到十六岁的孩子在学校读书。他们读六年小学,四年或六年中学。中小学教育是免费的。每学年末,学生要参加考试。如果他顺利通过,就可升级,否则必须留级。有些学校有现代化的教学设备,像计算机和闭路电视,但也有小的只有一间教室的乡村学校。完成中学学业后,大多数学生会拿到中学毕业证书。如果想读大学,他们还需参加大学入学考试。
在英国,五岁到十六岁的小孩都要上学。他们读六年小学,然后读中学。英国有免费的“公立学校”,也有需要父母付费的私立学校。英国的很多私立学校是寄宿制学校,学生除在节假日回家外,其他时间都呆在学校里。所有学校的学生通常都要穿校服。
英美两国的教学大都很随意。学生通常组成小组学习,只在需要帮助时才会去找老师。

Lesson7 Universities
Nearly half of all Americans go on to college when they graduate from high schools. Some colleges are small, with only a few hundred students, but some of the big state universities are huge, with up to 60,000 students. There are more than 2,600 universities in the USA, and nearly all colleges have both men and women students.
You can study many interesting subjects at college, in short or long courses, but if you want to get a degree, you have to study for at least four years. Classes start in September and go on to early June with a break in the middle.
In Britain, you can get a degree at university, or in some of the many colleges of further education. There are 42 universities in Britain. There are also many colleges in Britain that teach English as a foreign language. Some have short courses (a few weeks or months), and some have one- or two-year courses.
University classes start in September and go on until mid-June with two breaks, one at Christmas, and one at Easter. Most degrees take three years, but some take four.

大学
接近一半的美国中学毕业生到大学继续求学。一些小的学院仅有几百个学生,但一些大的州立大学着实很大,学生多达六万。美国有两千六百多所大学,且几乎所有大学男女生兼收。
在大学你能学习很多有意思的课程,时间可长可短,但如果你想拿学位的话,至少要花四年时间。大学九月开学,持续到下年六月初,中间有一段假期。
在英国,你可从大学或为数众多的继续教育学院获得学位。英国有四十二所大学。有许多大学把英语作为一门外语教授。有些大学有短期课程(几星期或几个月),另有一些大学有一到两年的课程。
大学从九月到次年六月中旬授课,圣诞节和复活节放假。大多数学位要求三年学习时间,有些要求四年。

Lesson8 School Life at College
Three months have passed since I entered university. I belong to the tennis club, which is great for my health. In the club I have made a lot of friends but, sad to say, I don't have a girlfriend yet.
I am very busy with lessons this first semester. English is a required subject, so I have to get at least a pass. I had a good shot at the questions on the English exam yesterday. I probably scored at least 80 points. However busy I may be with my part-time job and other pastimes, I attend my language classes as often as possible, because if I am absent from more than one-third of the classes, I cannot get the credits whatever the reason may be. I spent much time preparing for Chinese, but the lesson was cancelled today!
Tomorrow is the deadline for my physics paper which took me three days to write. I hope to major in science education in the future.

shot 尝试;努力

大学校园生活
升入大学已经三个月了。我加入了网球俱乐部,这对健康大有好处。在俱乐部里,我交了很多朋友,遗憾的是,还没有交到女朋友。
第一个学期,我要忙于上课。英语是必修课,所以最起码我要通过这门课的考试,在昨天的英语考试中,发挥得还不错,最少也能得八十分。不管我多么忙于兼职工作和其他消遣,我还是尽可能多上语言课,因为如果缺课三分之一以上,不管有什么理由都不能拿到学分。我花了很长时间学习中文,不过今天这门课被取消了!
明天是提交物理课论文的最后期限,我花了三天的时间来写这篇论文。希望在将来我能够主修科学教育。

背诵为王 第三册

Lesson1 Hobbies
“Hobbies” are a great British and American tradition. A “ hobby' ” is a special interest or activity that you do in your time off.
Some people have animals as hobbies. They keep rabbits, or go fishing. They train dogs to do tricks, or keep pigeons to race and carry messages. Some are crazy about plants. They try to grow cacti or rare tropical flowers in their kitchens and sitting rooms.
Others are mad about their car or their motorbike. They spend their Saturdays and Sundays washing them, painting them, or buying new bits and pieces to make them go even faster.
Children and teenagers are great collectors. They collect stamps, or postcards, or matchboxes, or pictures of a favorite footballer or pop star.
Many people make things as a hobby. Some teach themselves at home, but a lot of people go to evening classes at their local college. Just look under letter B in a list of London or New York evening classes and you'll find: Ballet, Batik, Bengali dance, Body building, Bread-making and Byzantine history. Not everyone goes to evening classes to learn about his or her special interest. These people can read books or just learn on their own.

cacti [ 植 ] 仙人掌 (cactus 的复数形式 )
batik 蜡染
Bengali dance 孟加拉舞
Byzantine history 拜占庭历史

业余爱好
“业余爱好”是英国和美国的一项伟大传统。“业余爱好”是指你在空闲时从事的一项特别兴趣爱好或活动。
有些人的业余爱好是养动物。他们养兔子或者去钓鱼。他们训练狗耍把戏,或者养鸽子参加比赛和传送信息。有些人特别喜欢植物。他们在厨房和客厅里种上仙人掌或者稀有的热带花草。
还有的人很喜欢汽车或摩托车。他们在周六和周日洗车、上油漆或者购买新零件使车跑得更快。
小孩和青少年酷爱收集。他们收集邮票、明信片、火柴盒,或者喜爱的足球运动员或当红明星的图片。
很多人的业余爱好是自制物品。一部分人在家自学,但很多人到当地大学上夜校。浏览一下伦敦或纽约以 B
开头的夜校课程,你会找到:芭蕾舞、蜡染、孟加拉舞、健身、做面包和拜占庭历史。有些人并不是去夜校学习自己特殊爱好的,他们看书学习或完全靠自己琢磨。

Lesson2 Heads of State
In America , the President is the Head of the States. He makes the most important decisions and chooses the members of his cabinet who will help him govern the country.
The President also represents the United States on official occasions. He receives ambassadors from other countries, gives parties for important visitors from abroad, and takes the first place in any national ceremony. Americans are always interested in the President's wife and children — the “first lady” and the “first family”. They expect their Presidents to have a good family life and to be an example to the country.
In Britain , the Queen is the head of State. She represents Britain (and the Commonwealth). She travels about the UK , meeting people, visiting schools and hospitals, and going to important local events. She and her husband, and other members of her family, also travel abroad as rather special ambassadors to other countries.
British people enjoy their “royals”. They like reading about them in newspapers, and seeing them on TV. To some they are like film stars, interesting just because they are famous.
Most people feel that the Queen is a symbol of Britain 's long history and national traditions.

Ambassador 大使
ceremony 典礼,仪式

国家元首
在美国,总统是国家元首,他决定最重要的事情并挑选能帮其治理国家的内阁成员。
美国总统也是在官方场合代表美国的人。他接见外国大使,为国外重要访客举行宴会,并主持所有国家典礼。美国人一贯对总统的妻子和孩子感兴趣——“第一夫人”和“第一家庭”。他们期望他们的总统家庭幸福,为全国树立榜样。
女王是英国的国家元首。她代表英国(和英联邦)。她走遍英国的每一个角落,会见民众、参观学校和医院,视察发生重大事件的地区。女王和她的丈夫,以及女王家庭的其他成员,也作为特殊的使者出访其他国家。
英国人喜欢他们的“王室成员”。他们喜欢阅读有关王室成员的新闻,看到他们在电视上露面。对他们来说,王室成员就像电影明星,因为有名而吸引人。人们大多觉得女王是英国悠久历史和国家传统的象征。

Lesson3  Clothes

These dayes most people in Britain and the USA do not wear very former clothes, but sometimes it is important to wear right thing. Many British people don't think about clothes very much. They just like to be comfortable. When they go out to enjoy themselvies they can wear almost anything. At theaters, movie houses and concerts you can put on what you like, from elegant suits and dresses to jeans and sweaters.
Anything goes as long as you look clean and tidy. However, In Britain as well as the USA, man and officers usually wear suits and ties and woman wear dresses and skirts,jackets and small trousers. Docotors,lawyers and business people wear quite former clothes. It's different to say exactly what people wear in Britain and the  United State because everyone is different.
If you are not sure what to wear, watch what other people do and then do the same or ask the advice of your friend or your host. You feel more relaxed if you don't look too different from anyone else.

这些天很多英国人和美国人都没有穿以前的衣服,但是有时穿合适的服装是很重要的!很多英国

人不太在意穿着。只要穿着舒服就可以了。当他们出去玩时穿什么都可以。在剧院,电影院和音

乐厅,从优雅的外套和裙子到牛仔和羊毛衫,只要你喜欢穿什么都可以。

任何衣服都会穿的很长,只要你穿着干净得体。然而,在英国和美国,男人和办公人员通常穿

外套打领带,女士穿女装和裙子,夹克和小裤子。医生,律师和商业人员穿以前的衣服。很难具

体的说在英国和美国人们都穿什么因为每个人都不一样。

如果你不确定穿什么,看看其他人怎么穿然后照他们的穿或者问问你朋友或家里人的意见。如

果你看上去和别人穿着一样你会感觉越放松。

Lesson4 This Is Britain
"Great Britain" has several different names, "Britain", "United Kingdom", or just the "UK". There are four different countries in the United Kingdom: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Everyone from Britain is British, but only people from England are English. People from Scotland are Scottish, people from Wales are Welsh, and people from Northern Ireland are Irish.
Don't call a Scottish or Welsh person English. He won't like it!
Altogether more than 56 million people live in Britain, in big cities like London, Liverpool and Manchester, and in the open country with lovely hills and woods, quiet rivers, lakes and farmlands.
Everyone in Britain speaks English, but in some parts of Scotland and Wales people speak their dialects as well. The Welsh are required by the government to learn Welsh, and you can see road signs in Welsh all over Wales.
Everyone speaks English, but they do not all speak it in the same way. A Scottish person has to listen carefully if he wants to understand a Londoner and when a Welsh person speaks, everyone knows at once where he comes from!
Many people think that the weather is cold and wet in Britain all year round, but it isn't! True, it sometimes rains and even snows for days and days, but every year there are weeks of beautiful sunny weather when the British go out to sunbathe in their bikinis.

dialect 方言
sunbathe 日光浴
bikini 比基尼,三点式女泳装

这就是英国
“英国”有几个不同的称呼:“不列颠”、“联合王国”或“UK”。大不列颠联合王国由英格兰、苏格兰、威尔士和北爱尔兰四个地区组成。
所有大不列颠人都是英国人,但只有来自英格兰的人是英格兰人,来自苏格兰的是苏格兰人,来自威尔士的是威尔士人,来自北爱尔兰的是爱尔兰人。不要称苏格兰人或威尔士人为英格兰人,他们不喜欢。
英国总人口五千六百多万。大城市有伦敦,利物浦,曼彻斯特。在广袤无垠的乡村,可见秀丽的山峦和树林、静静流淌的河流、湖泊和农场。
英语是英国的通用语言,但在苏格兰和威尔士的一些地方,人们也讲自己的方言。威尔士政府要求威尔士人学习威尔士语,在威尔士全境可见使用威尔士语的交通标识。
人人都会说英语,但讲出来的方式不一样。苏格兰人要非常认真,才能听懂伦敦人讲的英语。威尔士人一开口讲英语,大家就知道他是哪里人了。
很多人认为英国的天气一年到头都是阴冷潮湿的,但事实不是这样。的确,有时会连续数日地下雨,甚至下雪,但每年都会有阳光灿烂的几周,这时候英国人就会穿着比基尼出来晒太阳。

返回列表