听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 听力提高 » 听力原文收集区
返回列表 发帖
我今天是第一次上来,新手,英语不太好,尤其是口语.
我十分希望文章听力能配有原文,这样学习起来比较容易,比如我边听也听不太明白的,又怎样学呢?

支持下斑竹的工作       我也去找找看原文       顺便请教下大家    参加英语面试应做哪些功课     谢谢

体验英语听说四册Unit05文本

Unit 5 You are my rescuer
Vocabulary Task
Script and Answers
1.        A:         Jenny looks in good humor today!
        B:         She is engaged to John, don’t you know?
        A:         John? Is he a golden boy?
B:         Yeah, and he not only has a bright future, but also is ready to go through hell and high water to help his friends.
2.         A:         I just can’t understand why people think Nick is the greatest thing since sliced bread?
        B:         I think that is mainly because he is the person who will grasp the thistle.
        A:         What do you mean?
        B:         Well, he always attacks difficult situations with bold determination.
3.         A:         Oh, poor lamb, he has failed for three times!
        B:         But I believe he will try for the fourth time.
        A:         Why do you think so?
        B:         I know him well. He has got guts. He won’t stop until he succeeds.
4.         A:         John is in high feather today.
        B:         You see, he has overcome so many difficulties and finally accomplishes it.
        A:         He is indeed a strong-minded person.
B:         I couldn’t agree with you more. Once he knows where the shoe pinches, he will leave no stone unturned to solve it.
5.         A:         Did you watch the debate contest yesterday?
        B:         No, but I heard Peter won the first prize.
A:         Yes, he is so intelligent that his answering speech always left his opponent without a leg to stand on.
        B:         He is so hot on it.

Listening Task

2.        Listening Activity
1)        First Listening
Answers
1.         My parents couldn’t believe the bizarre specimens of boyhood that I regularly dragged home.
2.         It is bad enough bringing home a complete loser, but when you date someone twice your age it is guaranteed to push family relations to the limit.
3.        In my case, my parents wisely switched to a more wily way of attempting to get rid of boyfriends whom they felt were inappropriate.

2)        Second Listening
Answers
1.         One of my first “romances” was with greasy-haired David, whose drug problem did not go down too well with my family members. So why did David seem so attractive to me? Simple, my parents strongly disapproved of him.
2.         The parents of Mary Russell encountered this when their 16-year-old daughter entered into a relationship with her 32-year-old teacher. Mary’s parents failed to dissuade their daughter from dating her older teacher and, following a bitter court case, the lovesick couple are now back in each other’s arms.
3.         Indeed, by the time I’d reached 17 and had my first serious boyfriend, there were no more arguments. Nor were there any obvious signs of dislike. They tried an approach that they thought would be far more effective than verbal condemnation 行 they invited him to a boring family get-together.

Script

Blind love
You can hardly blame my parents for being so disapproving of my teenage boyfriends. During my adolescent years I was strangely attracted to losers and oddballs. My parents couldn’t believe the bizarre specimens of boyhood that I regularly dragged home.
One of my first “romances” was with greasy-haired David, whose drug problem did not go down too well with my family members. So why did David seem so attractive to me? Simple, my parents strongly disapproved of him.
There is nothing new, of course, in parental disapproval of teenage love interests. Nor is there anything new in teenagers falling in love with the biggest losers around. Adolescent girls with eccentric boyfriends are essentially screaming out to their parents, “if you can’t accept that I’m old enough to make my own decisions, I’ll just have to prove it to you in a way that you are sure to notice? So why do parents fail to realize that the more they oppose unsuitable boyfriends, the more their daughters will pick them out? After all, did my mother really think that in my heart of hearts I truly fancied the losers? Had she simply smiled and said sweetly, “What a darling boy. Let’s invite him round for Sunday lunch”,  he would have been given the boot in no time.
It is bad enough bringing home a complete loser, but when you date someone twice your age it is guaranteed to push family relations to the limit. The parents of Mary Russell encountered this when their 16-year-old daughter entered into a relationship with her 32-year-old teacher. “There were a lot of arguments between her and me and her dad about it not being right,” said Mrs. Russell. Surprisingly, despite all the fights, Mary’s parents failed to dissuade their daughter from dating her older teacher and, following a bitter court case, the lovesick couple are now back in each other’s arms.
In my case, my parents wisely switched to a more wily way of attempting to get rid of boyfriends whom they felt were inappropriate. Indeed, by the time I’d reached 17 and had my first serious boyfriend, there were no more arguments. Nor were there any obvious signs of dislike. They tried an approach that they thought would be far more effective than verbal condemnation 行 they invited him to a boring family get-together.
Now I realize my mother’s initial disapproval of my teenage romances is a universal feeling. Parents want children to fulfill their own dreams. Their hopes were fairly normal: they wanted to witness my wedding vows; they wanted to see their daughter settled down in a well-established family; they wanted me to get married and have kids.

Real World Listening
1.        Predict
Answer
□        Yes. Because Shrek looks like an ugly ogre.

2.        Get the Main Ideas
Answers
Question 1:
□        The princess regards him as a brave knight and the donkey as his noble steed.
□        The princess thinks that Shrek is her true love.
□        Princess Fiona was expecting that Shrek was Prince Charming.
Question 2:
□        Princess Fiona is very disappointed when she finds that Shrek is as ugly as an ogre.
□        The princess thinks that everything is wrong.
□        At first the donkey is nothing more than a pet in her mind.

Script and Answers to Self-study

First kiss from an ogre?
Lord Farquaad wants to be a king, but the premise is that he must marry a princess. Shrek, an ugly-looking man, regarded as an ogre by most of the people, wants to lead a peaceful life in his own swamp. The two make a deal. Shrek is sent to rescue Princess Fiona, who has a curse upon her of a fearful sort which could only be broken by love’s first kiss. The princess is locked away in a castle guarded by a terrible fire-breathing dragon. She waits in the dragon’s keep for her true love and true love’s first kiss. In order to get his swamp back, Shrek takes adventures to rescue Princess Fiona. The following conversation occurs among the princess and Shrek, and Shrek’s chatterbox companion, a donkey.

(Shrek manages to rescue Princess Fiona.)
Princess: You did it. You rescued me! You are amazing. You’re ... You’re wonderful. You’re ... a little (1) unorthodox I’ll admit. But your deed is great, and your heart is pure. I am eternally (2) in your debt.
                  (Donkey clears throat)
        Princess:   And where would a brave knight be without his noble steed?
        Donkey:           I hope you heard that. She called me a (3) noble steed. She thinks I’m a steed.
        Princess:   The battle is won. You may (3) remove your helmet, good Sir Knight.
        Shrek:            Uh, no.
        Princess:    Why not?
        Shrek:             I, I have helmet hair.
        Princess:         Please. I would like to (4) look upon the face of my rescuer.
        Shrek:             No, no. You wouldn’t.
        Princess:         But how will you kiss me with your helmet on?
        Shrek:             What! That wasn’t in the (5) job description.
        Donkey:           Maybe it’s a perk.
Princess:          No, it’s destiny. Oh, you must know (6) how it goes. A princess locked in a tower and beset by a fire-breathing dragon is rescued by a brave knight, and then they (7) share love’s first kiss.
Donkey:          Hmm? With Shrek? You think ... Wait, wait. You think that Shrek is your true love?
        Princess:  Well, yes.
                (Laughing)
        Donkey:          You think Shrek is your true love!
        Princess:  What is so funny?
        Shrek:         Let’s just say I’m (8) not your type, Okay?
        Princess: Of course, you are. You are my rescuer. Now ... Now remove your helmet.
        Shrek:         Look. I really don’t think this is a good idea.
        Princess:        Just (9) take off the helmet.
        Shrek:         I am not going to.
        Princess:        Take it off.
        Shrek:         No.
        Princess: Now!
        Shrek:         Okay! Easy. (10) As you command, Your Highness.
        (Shrek takes off his helmet. Princess Fiona is shocked at his appearance.)
        Princess: You ... You’re a ... an ogre.
        Shrek:         Oh, you were expecting (11) Prince Charming.
Princess: Well, yes, actually. Oh, no. This is all wrong. You are not (12) supposed to be an ogre.
Shrek:         (Sighs) Princess, I was sent to rescue you by Lord Farquaad, Ok? He is the one who wants to marry you.
        Princess:         Then why didn’t he come to rescue me?
        Shrek:         Good question. You should ask him that when we get there.
Princess:         But I (13) have to be rescued by my true love, not by some ogre and ... and his pet.
        Donkey: So much for a noble steed.
        Shrek:          Princess, you are not (14) making my job easier.
        Princess:         I’m sorry, but your job is not (15) my problem?

Real World Speaking

Answers for Reference
On the one hand, parents are the first teachers of their own child. They shoulder a great part of the responsibility for the growth of the child. In terms of law, parents are the legitimate guardians of their child. They have the right to give their child proper guidance. The young cannot tell right from wrong. It will be harmful if parents let things drift. On the other hand, if parents are too deeply involved into their child’s personal business, it will worsen the parent-child relationship. Inappropriate ways of interference in a child’s life may ruin the harmonious family life.
Parents and children need patient communication, instead of cold war, to close the generation gap. Since many factors may contribute to that phenomenon, the two sides should make joint efforts to overcome it.

体验英语听说四册Unit06文本-积分太少,都没有激情上传拉!!!

Unit 6 A three-way marriage?
Vocabulary Task
Script and Answers
1.        A:        Hi, Julie, fancy meeting you here! Where is George?
        B:         Oh, he is busy, Georgia. Hey, isn’t this a nice digital camera?
        A:         Yeah, I just bought it to take picture of little Barbara.
        B:        ... and keeping track of every step she takes?
2.        A:        ... Hello! This is Mr. and Mrs. Lincoln speaking! We are not in at the ...
        B:         Hi! Rosemary! Pick up the phone! I know you’re there ...
        A:         (My goodness!) Hello, Linda, what’s up? You know, I’m in the middle of ...
B:         Dishwashing this time?! Why don’t you arrange for somebody else to do the job? You poor housewife!
3.        A:         Is the girl sitting over there Doria?
B:         Which one? ... Oh, yes, definitely! Pity she is no longer the happy-go-lucky girl she was back in the middle school ...
        A:         What happened?
B:         She was literally torn apart when her stepmother died. It seems that she has never recovered since.
4.        A:         Hello again, you two little love birds ...
        B:         Come on, Jasmine! Don’t be so ... Where is Jackie?
        A:         Who is Jackie?! I don’t know anyone by that name ...
B:         If you would stop being funny and he were less devoted to his work, things would be much better ...
5.         A:        Hello, dear Evelin, this is Grandpa. Are you coming to join us for Christmas?
        B:         I’m trying to arrange my work so that I can visit you and Grandma. I miss you so much.
        A:         We too. Grandma will be delighted.
        B:         Tell her not to bother with the arrangements for the holiday. I can help when I arrive.

Listening Task

1.        Pre-listening Activity
Answers for Reference
1.        Draw a dish on the table.
2.        Draw a pen.
3.        Draw a needle in the woman’s hand.
4.        The child needs a schoolbag to go to school.

2.        Listening Activity
Now listen to the monologue carefully.
1)        First Listening
Answers
a)         Female.
b)         Since a wife is supposed to do all the household chores for the family and she takes good care f the husband and children, isn’t it a good thing to be served well by a wife?
c)         Sarcastic.

2)         Second Listening
Answers
a)         I belong to that classification of people known as wives. I am a wife. And, not altogether incidentally I am a mother.
b)        As I thought about him while I was ironing one evening, it suddenly occurred to me that I, too, would like to have a wife. Why do I want a wife?
c)         I want a wife who will wash the children’s cloths and keep them mended.
d)         I want a wife who is a good nurturing attendant to my children, ...
e)         ... who arranges for their schooling, makes sure that they have an adequate social life with their peers, takes them to the park, the zoo, etc.
f)         I want a wife who will take care of my physical needs. I want a wife who will keep my house clean. A wife who will pick up after me.

Script and Answers to Self-study

She wants a “wife”
I belong to that classification of people known as wives. I am a wife. And, (1) not altogether incidentally, I am a mother. Not too long ago a male friend of mine appeared on the scene (2) fresh from a recent divorce. He had a child, who is, of course, with his ex-wife. As I thought about him while I (3) was ironing one evening, it suddenly (4) occurred to me that I, too, would like to have a wife. Why do I want a wife?
I want a wife who will work and send me to school. And while I am going to school I want a wife to take care of my children. I want a wife to (5) keep track of the children’s doctor and dentist appointments. And to keep track of mine, too. I want a wife to make sure my children eat properly and are kept clean. I want a wife who will wash the children’s clothes and (6) keep them mended. I want a wife who is a good nurturing attendant to my children, who (7) arranges for their schooling, makes sure that they have an adequate social life (8) with their peers, takes them to the park, the zoo, etc. I want a wife who takes care of the children when they are sick, a wife who arranges to be around when the children need special care, because, of course, I cannot miss classes at school. (9) Needless to say, my wife will arrange and pay for the care of the children while she is working.
I want a wife who will take care of my (10) physical needs. I want a wife who will keep my house clean. A wife who will (11) pick up after me. I want a wife who will keep my clothes clean, ironed, mended, (12) replaced when needed, and who will see to it that my (13) personal things are kept in their proper place so that I can find what I need the minute I need it. I want a wife who cooks the meals. I want a wife who will not bother me with (14) rambling complaints about a wife’s duties. But I want a wife who will listen to me when I feel the need to explain a rather difficult point I have come across in my (15) course of studies. And I want a wife who will type my papers for me when I have written them.

Real World Listening

1.        Predict
Answer
The husband fell in love with another woman but he still loved his wife. The relationship between the man and the other woman kind of opened him up and improved the relationship with his wife, as the wife commented. The other woman whom he fell in love with didn’t expect such a relationship but she wanted a family and she wanted a “wife”/ family to take care of her children.

2.        Get the Main Ideas
Answers
1.         He claimed that he loved his wife, too, plus the latter is the mother of his two children, and that he didn’t want to break the family.
2.        1)        The relationship between the husband and wife improved, in a way.
        2)        The relationship with Patti kind of “opened up” the man.
3.        Though she didn’t grow up picturing it for her marriage, Patti has no other way out but to accept the fact.

Script

A three-way marriage?
Man:        I had been married to Mindy for eight years when Patty and I ...
Reporter:        You and Patty work in the same firm as lawyers?
Man:        Yes.
Reporter:         And you fell in love with Patty?
Man:         I did.
Reporter:         You were no longer in love with Mindy?
Man:         Well, the fact is, my marriage did seem dead. I was meeting Patty, I fell in love with her. I thought of leaving Mindy, but I realized I couldn’t, I loved her too, plus she is the mother of my two children, and I didn’t want to break up the family.
Reporter:        You were in love with two women?
Man:        Yes. And I could either tear things apart or I could try to bring everything together. So t he three of us sat down and talked and we decided to try this.
Reporter:        This being the three of you.
Man:        Yes. That was two years ago, and since then, Patti and Mindy have become close, and we decided to have a child together.
Reporter:        And you think that justifies you in being joined in matrimony, as a threesome?
Man:        Well, we are a family, Miss Lake. Conventional? No. But we’re happy, we’re devoted to each other, the kids live in a home with love and trust and security. How many people in this room can make the same claim?

Mindy:        At first I was devastated-- my husband having an affair, I was destroyed.
Reporter:        How did you respond?
Mindy:        I cried for about two weeks. I think one of the reasons why it was so painful is that, it came at a time when our relationship seemed stronger than ever ...
Reporter:        While he was engaged with another woman?
Mindy:        I didn’t know that. All I knew is that we were laughing together again, talking, being affectionate-- that had been missing for a long time.
Reporter:        Just a second. You said that you were laughing, talking and loving each other more once he started this affair?
Mindy:        Strangely enough.
Reporter:        Why, do you think?
Mindy:        Well, his relationship with Patti kind of opened him up. Maybe that helped my relationship with him ... I can’t sort it out.

Patti:        I would be the evil other woman, yes.
Reporter:        You seem to wear the badge proudly.
Patti:        I work. I wanted a family. I didn’t really want to turn my kids over to a nanny. As nuts as it sounds, in addition to getting a husband, I am marrying the mother of my children.
Reporter:        And it, it does sound nuts.
Patti:        You don’t have to tell me that ...
Reporter:        Surely you didn’t grow up picturing this for your marriage?
Patti:        No ..
Reporter:        You sounded a little sad with that answer.
Patti:        I grew up with the same dreams as everybody else. I dreamed of my wedding day, had visions of my little house, my garden ...  It didn’t work out exactly according to plan ...

评分人数

觉得多少合适呢?
我们积分的数值一直都不大。
非常感谢你提供的文本,你提供的文本会使很多朋友受益哦!!!

新东方《四级词汇 词根+联想-记忆法-》List 01

WORD LIST 1
abandon  vt. 离弃,遗弃,抛弃,放弃
ability  n.能力,本领,才能
aboard   prep在船上
abroad   adv.到国外,在传播
absence   n.缺席    不在  外出期
absent    adj.缺席的  不存在的
absolute  adj.十足的  完全的  不受任何限制的
absorb    vt.吸收   吸引......的注意
abstract  adj.抽象的  n.摘要,梗概
abundant  adj.丰富的  充足的
abuse     n.滥用,虐待,辱骂
academic  adj.学院的,学术的,不切实际的
academy   n.研究会,学会
accelerate   vt.加快,加速
accent    n.口音,腔调,重音
acceptance  n.接受,承认,容忍
access   n.接近,通道,入口 vt.存取
accident n.意外,事故
accidental  adj.偶然的
accomodation  n.住处,膳宿
accompany   vt.陪伴,陪同,伴随
accomplish  vt.达到,完成
accord     n.一致,符合 谅解,协议  vt.相符合  授予 给予
accordance n.一致 和谐
according  adv.依照
according  adv.因此 所以 照着
account    n.记述 解释 帐目 vi. 说明原因
accountant n.会计师
accumulate vt.积累 堆积
accuracy  n.准确 精确
accurate  adj.准确的 正确无误的
accuse    vt.指责  归咎于
accustomed  adj.惯常的  习惯的
ache       n.疼痛  vi.疼痛渴望
achievement   n.完成 成绩 成就
acid       n.酸        adj.酸的  酸性的
acknowledge  vt.承认   告知收到  确认  报偿
acquaintance  n.熟人  认识
acquire   vt.取得 获得 学到
acquisition   n.取得 获得 增添的人
acre         n.英亩
action    n.行动 作用 功能 情节
active     adj.活跃的 积极的 主动的
activity   n.活动 活力  行动
acute     adj.严重的  急性的 敏锐的   精明的
adapt     vt.使适应  改编
addition   n.加法  附加物
additional  adj.  附加的  追加的
adequate   adj.足够的  可以胜任的
adjust    vt.调整 调节
administration    n.管理部门  行政机关  执行
admire      vt.钦佩 羡慕 赞赏
admission   n.允许进入 承认
admit     vt.承认   准许...进入
adopt    vt.收养  采用  批准  正式通过
adult    n.成年人   adj.成年人的  成年的
advanced   先进的   高级的
advantage   n.优点优势
adventure    n.奇遇   冒险
advertise     vt.为....做广告  宣传
advertisement  n.广告  公告  宣传
advisable   adj.明智的 可取的
advocate   vt.拥护 提倡 主张  n.拥护者  辩护者  律师
aeroplane  n.飞机
affect    vt影响  感动
affection  n.感情  爱慕
afford    vt.提供  担负的起
afterward  adv.以后 后来
agency  n.经办  代理
agenda  n.议事日程

评分人数

• yoyo530521

不错啊,

新东方《四级词汇 词根+联想-记忆法-》List 02

四级词汇词根+联想记忆法WORD LIST2
agent  n.代理人,原因,剂
agressive  adj.侵略的,好斗的,敢作敢为的.有进取心的
agriculture  n.农业  农学
aid    vt.帮助  救护  助手
aircraft  n.飞机
airline   n.航空公司    航线
airplane  n.飞机
airport   n.机场   航空港
alarm     n.惊恐 忧虑 警报vt.使惊恐  使担心
alcohol   n.酒精
alert     adj.留神的  注意的    vt.使认识到   使意识到   n.戒备(状态)
alike     adj.同样的相同的        adv.一样的  相似的
alliance  n.结盟  联盟
allocate  vt.分配  把...拨给
allow     vt.准许  同意
allowance   n.津贴  零用钱
ally      v.结盟   联合  n.同盟国  支持者
alongside  adv.在旁边  沿着边  prep.在.....旁边
alphabet   n.字母表
alter     vt.改变  变动
alternative   n.替换物   选择  adj.  供选的 另类的
altitude    n.海拔   高处
aluminium  n.铝
amateur    n.业余爱好者 外行    adj.业余爱好者的
amaze     vt.使惊奇
ambassador  n.大使  使节
ambition   n.雄心  抱负
ambulance  n.救护车
amid    prep.在...中间
amongst  prep.在...之中
amuse   vt.给...娱乐
analyse  vt.分析  分解  解析
analysis n.分析  分解   解析
ancestor  n.祖先  原形  先驱
anchor  n.锚  vt.抛锚  停泊  使固定
ANCIENT ADJ 古代的   年老的
ANGLE   N.角度  观点  VT.使有倾向性   VI.钓鱼   谋取
ANKLE  N.裸关节
ANNIVERSARY   N.周年纪念日
ANNOY   VT.使恼怒  打搅
ANNUAL  ADJ.每年的N.年报  年鉴
ANTICIPATE  VT.预料   预期  先于...行动
ANTIQUE  N.古董  ADJ.古时的
ANXIETY  N.忧虑 渴望
ANXIOUS  ADJ.令人焦急的   渴望的
ANYHOW   ADV.无论如何   随随便便地
ANYWAY   ADV.无论如何 至少
APART    ADV.相间隔 分开 除去 ADJ.分离的
APARTMENT   N.公寓房间
APOLOGIZE  VI.道歉
APOLOGY   N.道歉
APPARENT  ADJ.表面上的.明显的
APPEAL    VT.上诉  VI.呼吁  恳求    N.感染力  上诉
APPEARANCE   N.出现  来到    外观
APPETITE    N.食欲  胃口   欲望
APPLAUSE   N.鼓掌  掌声
APPLIANCE  N.器械
APPLICABLE   ADJ.能应用的  合适的
APPLICANT    N.申请人
APPLICATION  N.申请  施用 涂抹
apply      vt.实施  应用  涂敷  vi适用人 申请
appiont     vt.任命  约定   约会
appointment  n.任命  约定   约会
appreciate vt.重视 赏识 体会 感谢 增值
approach   vt.向...靠近  n.靠近
appropriate   adj.适当的  恰当的
approval  n.赞成  批准
approve  vt.赞成  批准
approximate  adj.近似的  vt.近似  估计
arbitrary   adj.随心所欲的 专断的

评分人数

奇怪,我在这里听了一天,第二天就不能再听啦,有哪位好心人能告诉我这是怎么回事吗?谢谢!

原帖由 amylee0718 于 2007-4-19 08:26 AM 发表
奇怪,我在这里听了一天,第二天就不能再听啦,有哪位好心人能告诉我这是怎么回事吗?谢谢!

什么情况听不了,是不是看不到播放器了?我们这里一切正常,如果不能收听,应该是播放器的问题。

组织网聊

hi guys,
     我们能不能组织一起进行网聊啊!当然需要先约好时间

我的QQ是329078915,有兴趣的伙伴请联系。希望我们一起提高

回复 #11 faint 的帖子

I like it,I would like speak english with everyone.

原帖由 grcbest 于 2007-5-3 09:26 PM 发表
hi guys,
     我们能不能组织一起进行网聊啊!当然需要先约好时间

可以加入我们的英语QQ群 37107154

回复 #10 yoyo530521 的帖子

我刚来!想在里面下一些听力!感觉挺好的!你们辛苦了

很好的idea,人多力量大

如何发表?

如何发表?

mean?

what is the mean of as far as we go?

如何决择?

我快要移民美国了,在中国我有着好的职业,好的住宅,去了美国后一切又要从头开始,真不知道去还是不去好?

返回列表