听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 7月12日故事:单身的五种幸福
返回列表 发帖

7月12日故事:单身的五种幸福

本帖最后由 xiaogua 于 2012-7-12 11:42 编辑

Learn to appreciate your single status. Here are five things that singles sometimes take for granted.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Step 1: Sleep  睡觉
Sleep is a beautiful thing. When you're single, no one's nagging at you to get up or counting the hours that you've spent in bed. You are left in peace with your box fan and body pillow. Sleep all day guilt-free!
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Step 2: Money  钱
When you're single, there's no joint account. You can do whatever you want with your money. There's none of that "what's yours is mine, what's mine is yours" foolishness. No household budget. Go ahead and buy that hideous, life-size statue of Wayne Newton. Put it in the middle of the living room. No one is the boss of you!
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览
Step 3: Career  工作
Work all night, all weekend if you want to. Then socialize with the boss until 2:00AM or later. Your married co-workers can't compete. They've got "commitments". You win by default! And when that headhunter calls, there's no one holding you back. Pack up and move wherever the fattest paycheck is waiting.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Step 4: Rejection  拒绝
When you're single, rejection is your friend. If you're on a bad date, make up some excuse and get the heck out of there. You don't have to ever see her again.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览
Step 5: Amuse Yourself  自娱自乐
Host a poker tournament complete with back up dancers. See how much laundry you can fit into the washer. Create a new dish out of the few things you have left in the cupboard and eat it in the middle of the night. Become a pro at belching the alphabet. The possibilities are endless.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

insisting on learning english every day!

yep,freedom is the most valuable thing for me

good

求译。。。

回复 2# chen8167

Come on ,buddy!You'll reach it。

回复 3# jill0905

Whether to be single or not , the most important thing  is that we can find and enjoy the interesting thing which give by the status, iI  think.

回复 4# WFNH

Thank you . Hope you like it.

回复 5# newrivb

可以试试翻译一两句的,里面有简单的有难的,还有些我觉得很有哲理的话语。尝试翻译的话,进步比较快。

Learn to appreciate your single status. Here are five things that singles sometimes take for granted.
学会欣赏你的单身。这里有五个东西,对单身汉是理所当然的。

Sleep is a beautiful thing. When you're single, no one's nagging at you to get up or counting the hours that you've spent in bed. You are left in peace with your box fan and body pillow. Sleep all day guilt-free!
睡觉是一件美妙的事情。当你单身时,没有人会催促你起床或数你躺在床上的时间。你可以静静的吹着风扇和抱着枕头。睡一整天也不会有负罪感。

评分人数

• xiaogua

回复 10# AllenHL

翻译的很好,指出几处我觉得有点问题的地方:第一句的“take for granted”是理所当然的意思,但是在文中的语境中结合作者的立场应该译为类似“值得骄傲或自豪”;第二句“count for”要是直译为“数”好像有点怪异吧,所以这里可能译为“责怪”的意思更好。继续加油罗。

回复看隐藏

I want to know

I am curious.

OIO

OIO

thanks for sharing

I think learn english is very important .I must learn well.

I don't want to be a single man,even though there are many benefits for myself.I hope I can find my Mrs.Right this year and fall in love with her.My friend,pray for me!

返回列表