听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 1月21日英语故事:Wake up Your Life
返回列表 发帖

1月21日英语故事:Wake up Your Life

试着写下红色文字的意思吧,参与即可获得积分奖励哦。

How do you rediscover the enthusiasm of your childhood? The answer, I believe, lies in the word itself. “Enthusiasm” comes from the Greek and means “God within.” And what is God within is but an abiding sense of love proper love of self (self-acceptance) and , from that, love of others.

Enthusiastic people also love what they do, regardless of money or title or power. If we cannot do what we love as a full-time career, we can as a part-time avocation , like the head of state who paints, the nun who runs marathons, the executive who handcrafts furniture.

Elizabeth Layton of Wellsville, Kan was 68 before she began to draw. This activity ended bouts of depression that had plagued her for at least 30 years, and the quality of her work led one critic to say, “:I am tempered to call Layton a genius.”

We can’t afford to waste tears on “might-have-beens.” We need to turn the tears into sweat as we go after  “what-can-be.”

We need to live each moment wholeheartedly, with all our senses——finding pleasure in the fragrance of a back-yard garden, the crayoned picture of a six-year-old, the enchanting beauty of a rainbow. It is such enthusiastic love of life that puts a sparkle in our eyes, a lilt in our steps and smooths the wrinkles from our souls.

怎么样才能重新发现你童年时代的热情呢?这个答案,我相信,蕴藏在这个单词之中。“热情”来源于希腊语,意思是“内心崇拜”。内心崇拜就是容忍自己,并通过这,爱别人富于热情的人总是会喜欢他们所作的事,而不管金钱和权力的多寡。如果我们不能专注的做我们喜欢的工作,我们可以把他当成业余爱好,像绘画的国家的首脑,想跑马拉松的尼姑,做手工家具的主管。
伊丽莎白。威尔斯,当天开始画画的时候已经68岁了,这个行为影响了他至少30年,一个评论家评论他的作品:我要叫他天才我们不能为“本来可以发生的事情”而流泪,我们应该为“一定能完成的事情”而混合泪水和汗水。
我们应该一心一意的活在每个瞬间,用我们全部的感觉。在后花园中的芬芳中找寻快乐,在六岁孩童画的图画中找寻快乐,在美丽迷人的彩虹下找寻快乐,
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

1# halo

正是源于这种对生活的热爱,我们的眼眸焕发神采,我们步伐轻快,岁月的痕迹也被抚平。

评分人数

• tingroom

正是因为对生活的热爱,我们的眼中才会闪着光芒,步伐才会变得轻快,感情上的创伤才得以抚平。

评分人数

• tingroom

It is such enthusiastic love of life that puts a sparkle in our eyes, a lilt in our steps and smooths the wrinkles from our souls.

评分人数

• tingroom

you make me find  the life is beatuful and full of enthusiastic love .

评分人数

• tingroom

It is such enthusiastic love of life that puts a sparkle in our eyes

评分人数

• tingroom

It is such enthusiastic love of life that puts a sparkle in our eyes, a lilt in our steps and smooths the wrinkles from our souls

评分人数

• tingroom

Thanks a lot!I will try my best to live better and better,I want to put a sparkle in my eyes, a lilt in my steps and smooths the wrinkles from my  souls!

Where is Enthusiasm   ?
I can't find out.

返回列表