听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 2月24日英语故事:what is happiness
返回列表 发帖

2月24日英语故事:what is happiness

everyone who wants to be happy must finish reading the story and then write down your opinion to get the score.

The old man shuffled slowly into the restaurant.With head tilted, and shoulders bent forward, he leaned on his trustycane with each unhurried step.

His tattered cloth jacket, patched trousers, worn-out shoes, and warmpersonality made him stand out from the usual Saturday morningbreakfast crowd. Unforgettable were his pale blue eyes that sparkledlike diamonds, large rosy cheeks, and thin lips held in a tight, steadysmile.

He stopped, turned with his whole body, and winked at a little girlseated by the door. She flashed a big grin right back at him. A youngwaitress named Mary watched him shuffle toward a table by the window.

Mary ran over to him, and said, “Here, Sir. Let me give you a hand with that chair.”

Without saying a word, he smiled and nodded a thank-you. She pulled thechair away from the table. Steadying him with one arm, she helped himmove in front of the chair, and get comfortably seated. Then shescooted the table up close to him, and leaned his cane against thetable where he could reach it.

In a soft, clea voice he said, “Thank you, Miss. And bless you for your kind gestures.”

“You’re welcome, Sir.” She replied. “And my name is Mary. I’ll be back in a moment, and if you need anything at all in the mean time, just wave at me!”

Holding the door open for him, she said., “Come back and see us, Sir!”

He turned with his whole body, winked a smile, and noddd a thank-you. “You are very kind.” He said softly.
When Mary went to clean his table, she almost fainted. Under his plateshe found a business card, and a note scribbled on a napkin. Under thenapkin was a one-handred-dollar bill.

The note on the napkin read…

“Dear Mary, I respect you very much, and you respect yourself too. Itshows by the way you treat others. You have found the secret ofhappiness. Your kind gestures will shine through those who meet you.”
The man she had waited on was the owner of the restaurant where sheworked. This was the first time that she, or any of his employees hadever seen him in person.

评分人数

• tingroom

Give your hand to others no matter who they are, you will be the happinest person.

评分人数

• tingroom

I read this story.i was moved.

评分人数

• tingroom

you  can be rewarded as you respect youself

评分人数

• x-ace

There is noway to happiness,happiness is the way!

评分人数

• x-ace

Give your hand to others,you will get more happyness.

评分人数

• tingroom

Happines maybe mean "kindness" and "help who is in the trouble.

评分人数

• tingroom

I agree with that upstairs said.

返回列表