听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 【11月1日】——如果回到18岁,我会对自己说(1)
返回列表 发帖

【11月1日】——如果回到18岁,我会对自己说(1)

What Id tell myself if I were 18 again……

1、I like to joke that I am who I am today because I did everything wrong in my 20's. I've always been fearless, and it often got me in trouble. I wasn't afraid to start a business, borrow a bunch of money, or quit a well-paying job to travel the world.

2、At the same time, the fact that I took chances (and often failed) gave me the wisdom that I have today. Lessons learned through failure tend to be much more meaningful than lessons learned otherwise.

3、Now that I'm in my 30's, life is pretty good. While I haven't learned it all, I feel my head is screwed on straight enough that life is much less stressful. I've come into my own and built the foundation for a secure and prosperous future.

4、Even though things are going well, I often imagine what it would be like to go back into the past and teach myself what I know now. I know enough to be certain that I lost most of my twenties to a struggle with debt and poor decisions. If I had done things differently, maybe I could have been where I am now at age 22.

5、Could you imagine? Self employed and almost financially independent at age 22? No… not almost. My expenses were much less back then… I would have been financially free!

6、I know it doesn't do any good to ask what if. If I had known it all at age 22, I probably would have been a little cocky. Doing things the hard way seasoned my character. I like who I am and I wouldn't change a thing.

7、But what if…

8、What I'd Tell Myself at 18

9、Sometimes I imagine that I'm in a fishing boat, thousands of miles away from the life I know, slowly drifting across a lake. As I recline at an uncomfortable angle created by the wood bench and aluminum hull, I glance over at the 18 year-old version of myself and upload my wisdom to him.

10、Here's what I say:

参考译文:

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

if I were 18 again!~ .....I should...

回复 3# kobe

life like the before

a good  story . thank you

If I were 18 again, I'd like to full in a vigarous love.

评分人数

if i was 18 year again, i will make different choice

评分人数

回复 6# chenxihe

I'm glad that you like it.

回复 7# yli5

You can now also have a vigorous love if you want.

回复 8# carlapeng

you can do what you want to do now.

mark

If I were 18 years old, I would make different life.

i  have no idea.

If i can go back to 18, I want to say "like you" to a girl; the things could be much different。
I thought i can be admancy enough to face the day without you,
untill heard from you, i know i really need you.

评分人数

• jane019

Good

what i would tell myself when i were 18 again...maybe  :you canbe much  braver and harder..

no choice

if i were 18 again ,i will  care my dad more,i love u,dad can you hear me?

返回列表