听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » [10-31]英语故事 为自己的进步而快乐和自豪
返回列表 发帖

[10-31]英语故事 为自己的进步而快乐和自豪

Alow yourself to be happy and proud of your progress
Too often we are hard on ourselves and feel bad about our lack of progress. We feel guilty that we’ve missed a couple of workouts, or that our progress on our goal has stalled, or that we slipped up and ate some really fattening stuff.

But that’s looking at the glass as half empty, and it [...]
Too often we are hard on ourselves and feel bad about our lack of progress. We feel guilty that we’ve missed a couple of workouts, or that our progress on our goal has stalled, or that we slipped up and ate some really fattening stuff.

But that’s looking at the glass as half empty, and it is almost guaranteed to hinder your progress towards your goal.

Look at the glass as half full — look back and see what you’ve done so far, and feel proud of your progress. Be happy about how far you’ve come so far, even if you have a long ways to go yet.

Take myself as an example. You might have read my story … and looking back, it seems like I’ve achieved a lot in a short amount of time. But there were plenty of times when I missed workouts, and felt plenty guilty. There were times when I ate unhealthy, and felt bad. There were times when my organization system went to pieces, when my email inbox had 10 messages sitting there, not acted upon.

But if I let those bad feelings have any power over me, I’d probably have given up then and there, and never have reached my destination.

The key is to step back, and look back on what you’ve done. Sure, I missed some workouts, but look at how many I’ve done! And it wasn’t long ago when I wasn’t even a runner at all! Instead of beating yourself up, celebrate your success, no matter how small!
We will always feel guilty about what we haven’t done, but it is important that we remind ourselves that it is only a temporary setback. I always tell myself that it’s just a small bump on a long road.

Take the long view, both behind you and ahead of you. Small glitches can’t derail a train as powerful as you!

回复 1# kobe

我们常常对自己很刻薄,为自己没有进步而难过。我们为我们曾错过的一些考验而感到愧疚,或者奋斗的目标受到阻挠,或者我们出现了失误,吃了些油腻的食物。
但是这是以半罐的角度来看待的,而它几乎就是阻挠了你目标的进展。
以半罐的角度来看杯子-回头看看,迄今为止你都干了些什么,为自己的进步而感到自豪。即使花费了很大的力气,为自己能走这么远而感到高兴。
以我为例,你可能读了我的故事,回头看看,似乎我在极短的时间里有很多收获,但是同样也有很多时候我错过了一些考验,并为此感到惭愧。很多时候我饮食不够健康且感到难受。很多时候我的身体接近崩溃,那个时候,我的收件箱里有10条信息,都未曾动过。
但是如果我让这些不良情绪来施压给我,那个时候我可能会放弃,也不会实现现在的目标。
关键在于后退一步,看看你都做了些什么,的确,我错过了一些考验,但是看看我已经完成了如此多的东西!不久前,我甚至还不是一个真正的赛跑者呢。不要被自己打败,不管多么小的进步,都去庆贺下自己。
我们经常会为我们没有做的而后悔,但我们常提醒自己这只是一个短暂的挫折,这一点是非常重要的。我经常告诉自己这只是人生漫漫路途上的一次小碰撞。
从长远来看,过去和未来,小小的挫折是不能阻挠不了你的前进的。

返回列表