听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语听写】 » 英语听力选择题(高级)
返回列表 发帖

英语听力选择题(高级)

1. What word describes the man's feelings at the beginning of the conversation about traveling overseas?
A. relaxed
B. apprehensive
C. anxious
2. What one thing surprised him in the marketplace?
A. The quality of merchandise seemed to vary widely from place to place.
B. Shop owners would raise the price of goods if they saw you were a foreigner.
C. You could bargain over the price with shopkeepers to get the best deal.

3. What did the man NOT mention about the way people looked at him during his visit?
A. People stared at him out of a distrust of foreigners.
B. People were just inquisitive at his presence there.
C. Such situations gave him opportunities to interact with others.

4. What does the man say about the traffic conditions?
A. The people seem to pass through traffic as if unaffected by everything around them.
B. Buses and taxis are the main modes of transportation in many parts of the country.
C. The flow of traffic, at times, remains constant due to an intricate road system.

5. What is one conclusion the man states at the end of the travel log?
A. Discovery of different cultures through direct experience is key to cultural adaptation.
B. Miscommunication is a natural event in the process of bridging cultural boundaries.
C. All countries share some similar characteristics that bind them together.
答案回复可见:
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

FFHAfgdsfg

请让我看看

请让我看看

July 11
I left on my trip today. Having been overseas before, I felt somewhat at ease with the idea of traveling (1), particularly since I lived in Asia for a number of years. However, others on the trip with me felt some (2) about getting sick (something quite natural) and had received suggested immunizations before leaving.

July 12
In the first city I visited, I traveled downtown by bus to have dinner and then went out to visit some of the local sites. I was surprised at the number of people selling their goods in different marketplaces, and I quickly figured out the custom of (3) over the price before you buy something. And even if you feel you're getting a good deal, you might try walking away from the merchant, and there IS the chance that the shop owner will call you back and even lower the price more in an (4) to get you to purchase something.

July 14
No matter where I found myself today, I noticed a number of people who just (5) at me as I walked by, like I was an alien from another planet. Although it felt somewhat (6) at first (particularly in the swimming pool locker room), I realized that my presence was perhaps an (7) with so few foreigners in that area. In fact, the people were just curious, and I was even able to strike up a few conversations with some of the locals, giving them opportunities to practice their English. In the end, I came to the conclusion that such situations gave me a chance to be an informal ambassador for my country.

July 16
Everyday brings new discoveries, and I'm learning how to navigate the road system. I found that crossing the road isn't as easy at it seems. Bicycles, buses, people, and taxis fill the streets, (8)each other with constant narrow misses, yet in many instances, the flow remains constant. And, in spite of the seemingly (9) conditions, people go about their business as if, well . . ., everything were so routine and blase. I, on the other hand, tried to dart in and out of traffic to cross streets, weaving back and forth, to get to the other side. It was a little scary at first, but I quickly got the (10) of it.

July 23
I am preparing to return back home tomorrow, and one thing I have discovered . . . something more important that all of my other experiences . . . has been that there are often more similarities than differences between cultures. Regardless of language and culture, all people have a desire for friendship that bridges any cultural boundaries. The people I have met have been wonderful hosts and friends, and I will treasure every moment of the trip.

答案回复可见:
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

返回列表