听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 6月19日英语故事:The Shepherd Boy and the Lion
返回列表 发帖

6月19日英语故事:The Shepherd Boy and the Lion

read the story carefully and then write down what you get from the story to gain the score.

Once upon a time a shepherd Boy was wandering far from home. He had lost his way in the forest and as darkness fell he felt very frightened and alone.

Suddenly a large Lion came padding out of the trees towards him. The Boy was just about to run for his life when, to his great surprise, the Lion lay down, put his head meekly on his front paws and said:

" Don't be afraid. I will not hurt you. I have a thorn in my paw. See, it is deep in the pad and I cannot get it out."

The Lion came closer to the Boy and raised his paw.

"Goodness, that does look sore," cried the Boy. "Come here and I'll soon get it out for you. It may hurt a little because I'll have to use my knife."

The Boy sat down and the Lion put his paw gently in his lap while the thorn was cut out.

"You'll be all right now," said the Boy. "But try not to walk on it too much at first."

"Thank you," said the Lion and without another word he disappeared in the forest.

Some time later the Boy was falsely accused of stealing sheep. In those days the punishment for stealing was very severe: the judge ordered the Boy to be thrown among a group of wild animals.

The Boy stood bravely in the arena as the animals were let out, grasping the thick piece of wood he had been given to fight with. The biggest Lion of all came bounding towards him. Then, to everyone's surprise, it sat down in the sand, raised its paw and bowed its head.

"Don't you recognize me?" asked the Lion. "You helped me once in the forest when my paw was hurt. See, it is quite healed now."

The Boy stood holding the lion's paw in amazement. The other wild animals soon backed away, seeing that the strongest of them all was refusing to fight.

"Let him go free!" shouted the crowed ."Give him a free pardon!"

"Come here, shepherd Boy," commanded the king, who was watching from a special seat in the crowd. “You and your Lion shall both go free."

From that time on the Lion and the shepherd Boy were never parted but lived as friends for the rest of their lives.

放羊娃和狮子

从前,一个放羊娃到离家很远的地方去玩。他在森林里迷了路,天黑了,他孤身一人非常害怕。

突然,一只大狮子轻声地从森林里向他走来。男孩正要逃命,可让他吃惊的是,狮子竟卧倒在地,温顺地把头靠在前爪上,说道:

“别害怕,我不会伤害你的。我爪子里扎进了一根刺,你看,它扎得很深,我拔不出来。”

狮子又向男孩靠近了一些,抬起它的前爪。

“天哪,看来一定很痛,”男孩大叫道。“到这里来,我马上给你拔出来。我得用小刀,可能会有点痛。”

男孩坐下来,狮子轻柔地把爪子放在他的膝上,刺被拔了出来。

“你就会好的,”男孩说,“不过,刚开始不要用它多走路。”

“谢谢你。”狮子没再多说别的,就消失在森林里。

过了一些日子,男孩被人诬告偷了羊。在那个时候,对偷窃行为的惩罚非常严厉。法官下令把男孩扔到野兽群里去。

野兽被放出来了,男孩勇敢地站在竞技场里,手持着别人给的用来与野兽搏斗的一根粗木棍。兽群中最庞大的狮子跳到他跟前。然而,让所有人吃惊的是,狮子在沙地上坐了下来,抬起前爪,点了点头。

“你认不出我了吗?”狮子问道,“有一次我前爪受了伤,你曾在森林里帮助过我。你看,现在愈合得很好”

男孩站在那儿,拖着狮子的前爪愣住了。其他的野兽看到它们中最强大的狮子都不愿意搏斗了,便很快退了下去。

“把他放了!”人群叫喊道,“给他自由!”

“到这儿来,放羊娃,”正坐在人群中专座上的国王看到这一切,下令道,“你和你的狮子都可以得到自由。”

从此以后,狮子和放羊娃再也没有分开过,他们像朋友一样友好地生活在一起。

评分人数

• tingroom

Do well and have well

评分人数

• tingroom

Do well and have well

评分人数