听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 6月20日英语故事:The Hare with Many Friends
返回列表 发帖

6月20日英语故事:The Hare with Many Friends

read the story carefully and then write down what you get from the story to gain the score.

A Hare was very popular with the other beasts who all claimed to be her friends.

But one day she heard the hounds approaching and hoped to escape them by the aid of her many Friends.

So, she went to the horse, and asked him to carry her away from the hounds on his back. But he declined, stating that he had important work to do for his master. "He felt sure," he said, "that all her other friends would come to her assistance."

She then applied to the bull, and hoped that he would repel the hounds with his horns. The bull replied: "I am very sorry, but I have an appointment with a lady; but I feel sure that our friend the goat will do what you want."

The goat, however, feared that his back might do her some harm if he took her upon it. The ram, he felt sure, was the proper friend to apply to.

So she went to the ram and told him the case. The ram replied: "Another time, my dear friend. I do not like to interfere on the present occasion, as hounds have been known to eat sheep as well as hares."

The Hare then applied, as a last hope, to the calf, who regretted that he was unable to help her, as he did not like to take the responsibility upon himself, as so many older persons than himself had declined the task.

By this time the hounds were quite near. The Hare said to herself, "He that has many friends, has no friends." And the Hare took to her heels and luckily escaped.  

拥有朋友的兔子

兔子在其他动物中很受欢迎,他们都声称自己是兔子的朋友。

然而,有一天,兔子得知猎狗们在逼近,她寄望于靠着众多朋友的帮助而逃脱猎狗的追捕。

于是,她跑到马面前,请求他将自己驮在背上逃离猎狗。可是,马婉言拒绝了她的请求。他说自己要替主人做更重要的事情。“我确信,”他说,“我们其他的朋友都会帮助你。”

她又去恳求公牛,期待他能用自己的牛角将猎狗赶走。公牛回答道:“十分抱歉,我与一位女士有个约会。我敢确定咱们的朋友——山羊——可以达成你的愿望。”

可是,当她求助于山羊时,山羊说假如驮上兔子,他担心自己的背会伤害她。他建议鹿或许会提供帮助。“我敢保证,鹿是你最合适的请求对象。”他说。

于是,她去找鹿,并给他诉说了自己的情况。鹿回答说:“朋友,下次吧。因为猎狗不仅吃兔子连鹿也不放过,我不想混入目前的局势。”

随后,兔子抱着最后一线希望去求小牛。小牛满怀愧疚地说自己无法帮忙,因为,既然众多比自己年长的朋友都推辞了这一任务,自己也不愿将责任揽到自己身上。

这时,猎狗的距离已经更近了。兔子自言自语地说:“朋友太多的人,反而没有朋友。”然后拔腿就跑,并幸运地逃脱危险。

评分人数

• tingroom

this story remain me of many things

评分人数

• tomson

Some friends can only enjoy the happiness with you but not share the trouble.

评分人数

• tomson

a friend in need is a friend indeed.

评分人数

• tomson

He that has many friends, has no friends

I agree with you.. 5# wsdxhhhh

返回列表