听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 6月24日英语故事:Speckled Sheep
返回列表 发帖

6月24日英语故事:Speckled Sheep

read the story carefully and then write down what you get from the story to gain the score.

All speckled sheep the Lion King abhorred,of course, to kill them off would not have taken long,But that,of course,would be extremely wrong,It is not for this the forest calls him lord,for justice,not for wrath,he holds his lofty station,and yet a speckled sheep to see he can't abide.Then how get rid of them yet keep his reputation?He summons to his side the bear and fox,and hastens to confide his piteous tale to their devotion:

"To see a speckled sheep so hurts my eyes,I find the sight is simply undermined.I see that in the end I surely shall go blind,and how to deal with it,I have not got anotion!"

The bear,he gives a scowl,"Most puissant King,"says he,"The matter's clear enough for me!Without another word condemn the sheep to be destroyed, Why, no one cares for them."

At this time Lion frowned, of which the fox took note.He humbly lifts his voice,"Oh,King, our noble King,I'm sure to those poor beasts you'll never do a thing! You a guiltless head devote?A better plan I venture to suggest:Allot them special fields,the fairest and the best,where ewes have grass to eat all day,and little lambs can frisk about and play,and as of shepherds.It is but very few we keep,give orders to the wolves to guard the sheep.I somehow think—it's just a guess, no doubt, that sheep will anyhow be dying out. Then let them now, at least, be free and happy there, and if they die, it won't be your affair."

"In favour?"asked the King, and every paw was showing.

The plan worked out so well that.As the days went on, the speckled sheep were nearly gone, the plain ones were going,too. And how did all the beasts this sad result explain?The Lion does his best:"It's all those wolves again."

杂色羊

狮王憎恨一切杂色羊。当然,杀死这些杂色羊要不了多长时间,但那将会犯下弥天大罪。森林里的动物不是因为这个原因才尊称他为狮王的,他能稳居王位,是因为他的公正无私,而非残暴。然而,他却无法忍受杂色羊。但怎样除掉这些杂色羊,又不影响他的声望呢?他召来熊和狐狸两个心腹,向他们吐出自己的心事:

“一看到杂色羊,我眼睛就不舒服,我发现他们严重有损我的视力。长此下去,恐怕我会瞎的!可又不知道怎么解决这个问题!”

熊恶狠狠地说道:“陛下,在我看来,这件事太容易了!什么都不用说,直接杀掉这群羊!没有谁会关心他们的死活!”

狐狸看到狮王连皱眉头,于是谦卑地说:“陛下,尊贵的陛下,我相信您绝对不会这样对那些可怜的杂色羊!您这么仁慈,怎么会忍心呢?我斗胆提出一个较好的建议:给他们划出一块最好的草地。在那里,母羊整天吃草,小羊羔可以四处乱跳、玩耍。至于牧羊人,因为我们为数不多,就下令让狼去看管他们吧。我认为,这只是一个猜测,毫无疑问那群羊无论如何都会渐渐灭绝的。至少,现在让他们自由幸福。如果他们死了,那也不关您的事!”

“都同意吗?”狮王问道。所有爪子都举了起来。   

这一计划进展得十分顺利。日子一天天过去了,杂色羊几乎灭绝了,连普通羊也不见了。看到这种悲惨的结局,野兽们怎么解释?狮王说得好:“都是狼在肆虐呀。”

智慧提示:

真正作恶多端的人会隐藏、掩饰自己的恶行,借他人之手或寻找替罪羔羊,把责任都推到别人身上。我们应该擦亮眼睛,抓出幕后黑手。

评分人数

• hellokitty

there is no absolute freedom but benefit 1# 星期一

I like english!~

返回列表