听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 8月01日英语故事:A Fib and the Matinee(Part B)
返回列表 发帖

8月01日英语故事:A Fib and the Matinee(Part B)

read the story carefully and then translate the phrases which are marked in red or write down what you get from the story to gain the score. 试着翻译红色的部分或者发表自己的看法.

After admonishing us, Mother cheerfully began preparing for lunch. As we munched on sandwiches, she asked, “ Would you two like to go to th moives this afternoon?”

“Wow! Would we ever!” We wondered what movie would be playing. Mother said The Matinee. Oh, fantastic! We would be going to The matinee! Weren’t we lucky? We got bathed and all dressed up. It was like getting ready for a birthday party. We hurried outside the apartment, not wanting to miss the bus that would take us downtown. On the landing, Mother stunned us by saying, “Girls, we are not going to the movies today.”

We didn’t hear her right. “What?” we objected. “What do you mean? Aren’t we going to The Matinee? Mommy, you SAID we were going to go the The Matinee!”
Mother stooped and gathered us in her arms. I couldn’t understand why there were tears in her eyes. We still had time to get the bus. But hugging us, she gently explained that this was what a fib felt like.

“It is important that what we SAY is TRUE,” Mother said, “ I fibbed to you just now and it felt awful to me. I don’t ever want to fib again and I’m sure you don’t want to fib again either. People must be able to believe each other. Do you understand?
We assured her that we understood. We would never forget.

And since we had learned the leeson. Why not go on to The Matinee? There was still time.
“Not today,” Mother told us. We would go another time.
That is how, over fifty years ago, my sister and I learned to be truthful. We have never forgotten how much a fib can hurt.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

I fibbed to you just now and it felt awful to me. I don’t ever want to fib again and I’m sure you don’t want to fib again either. People must be able to believe each other. Do you understand?
我刚刚对你们撒了谎,我也感到很不舒服。我以后不想再撒谎了。我想你们以后也不想再撒谎了吧。人们必须学者相信彼此。你们明白了吗?

评分人数

• 星期一

我刚才和你们撒谎了,这使我很不舒服。我不想再撒谎了,相信你们也一定不会再撒谎了。我们必须要彼此信任,你们明白吗?

评分人数

• 星期一

我对你们撒了谎,感到很不舒服。我以后不想再撒谎了。我想你们以后也不想再撒谎了。人们必须学者彼此相信。你们明白吗?

评分人数

• 星期一

我刚刚对你们撒了谎,这让我感到非常难受。我再也不会撒谎了,我相信你们也一样。人与人之间要能够互相信任,你们懂了么?

评分人数

• 星期一

返回列表