听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 8月08日英语故事:To Like more of Yourself
返回列表 发帖

8月08日英语故事:To Like more of Yourself

read the story carefully and then translate the phrases which are marked in red or write down what you get from the story to gain the score. 试着翻译红色的部分或者发表自己的看法.

Recently I turned to a friend who was riding in my car and asked her, “What do you like about yourself?” We rode in silence for several minutes. Finally, she turned to me and said, apologetically, “I can’t think of anything.”

I was stunned. My friend is intelligent, charming, and compassionate – yet she couldn’t see any of that.

I know she’s not alone. Low self-esteem has become the number-one issue plaguing women. Despite God’s assurance that he’s absolutely crazy about us, most of us can’t believe he means us. It’s like the cynical editor who tells the cub reporter, “If your mother says she loves you, check it out.”

I was a reporter for 12 years. One of the first things I learned in researching a story was “garbage in, garbage out.” If your raw date is flawed, you end up with a faulty conclusion. The same is true with how we see ourselves. If we lack self-confidence, maybe we’re working with flawed data.

The reality is, in hundreds of subtle ways, our culture, family, friends – even our thought life – conspire to undermine our confidence. We grow up in families void of affirmation, encouragement, and respect – the building blocks to self-confidence. Then we find ourselves smack dab in the middle of a world that lionizes Size Two Hollywood starlets and Barbie-doll figures. Our paycheck, our title, or some other artificial yardstick gives us temporary entrée into the world of The Accepted. But in our hearts, we know it isn’t real. How do we find our way to the truth?

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

现实是,各种各样的方式,比如,我们的文化、家庭,甚至我们的思考方式,合起来侵蚀着我们的自信。 我们在一个没有主张、鼓励和尊重的家庭长大, 这些都阻止了自信的成长。

评分人数

• 星期一

let me see

1# 星期一

hao

现实是,各种各样的方式,比如,我们的文化、家庭,甚至我们的思考方式,合起来侵蚀着我们的自信。 我们在一个没有主张、鼓励和尊重的家庭长大, 这些都阻止了自信的成长。

评分人数

• 星期一

现实是,文化、家庭、朋友、甚至是意念中的生活等各种因素共同削弱我们的信心。缺乏肯定、鼓励、尊敬的家庭背景阻碍自信的实现。

评分人数

• 星期一

事实上,各方各面,我们的文化、家庭、朋友,甚至我们对人生的看法,都在阻碍着我们的自信。 我们在一个缺乏肯定、鼓励和尊重的家庭长大, 这些都阻止了自信的培养。

评分人数

• 星期一

提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽

哈哈

The reality is, in hundreds of subtle ways, our culture, family, friends – even our thought life – conspire to undermine our confidence. We grow up in families void of affirmation, encouragement, and respect – the building blocks to self-confidence.
事实是,上百种方式,我们的文化,家庭,朋友,,甚至我们的想法生活。。共同减弱我们的自信。我们在家庭的影响尊重下长大。建立了我们的自信

评分人数

• 星期一

Good!

好物

not so clear.

现实以各种微妙的方式,如,文化、家庭,朋友,甚至思考方式,都在毁灭着自信。 一个没有主见、缺乏鼓励和尊重的家庭同样阻碍自信的培养。

评分人数

• zora

返回列表