听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » 双语有声阅读:婚礼之舞
返回列表 发帖

双语有声阅读:婚礼之舞

点击收听

The hand that clasps mine is not that of the child I can still remember,but that of the man he has become.From that hand to his face to the smile he beams at me,he is his father in days gone by.We move
gracefully1 across the floor as his young bride looks on.My new daughter.Oh,how the years have passed.It seems I didn't even notice.One day,I held a squalling infant in myexhausted2 arms and counted tiny pink fingers and toes.The next,I'm no longer the most important woman in his life.

An effortless spin1) and he's taking me across the floor with a flare2) like his father's.I wonder if he's looking down on us at this moment as my son' s eyes sparkle3) with his mischief4).Suddenly,I'm bent3 back-ward and laughing like a girl half my age,my young rogue4 leaning over me and guests applauding.He kisses my cheek and spins me upright a gain.The regretful tears of the past threaten my eyes.

No,they are not regretful tears.I have no regrets where this boy--this man--is concerned.He has been,and always will be,my pure joy.Time cannot wipe away the sadness and heartache,but there was never regret.Heartache comes with having children as it does with being alive.If my son is all he wants to be,I have no regrets.

As the music slows,his mood seems to waver.Knowing that if I see any of what I'm feeling in his eyes I will surely cry,I move into his arms and rest my head on his strong shoulder.A hush5 hasdescended6 on the entire room;not even the babies are fussing.The gentle piano guides us around the floor,passed faces that have always been near,and new ones destined7 for the same.Their smiles bring one to my face as I realize this is not a day for tears.The hand against my back gives me a squeeze.It is a most subtle5) gesture to let me know my new daughter's turn to care for him has come.

It is not a day for tears,but they threaten nonetheless6).I sigh and touch his smooth cheek,seeing the face of a baby,child,teen,and man.Is this day so difficult for all mothers?I can't help wondering.As the music switches with ease to the one he chose to dance to with his bride,I turn and find her shy face with my other hand.I can't speak to either,but I know that my heart is in my eyes as each receives my kiss.

Walking to the edge of the floor,I suddenly realize I do have one regret today.I regret that my husband is not here to hold my hand.

by Melissa K.Beynon

重点词汇

1 gracefully ['ɡreɪsfəlɪ]

ad.大大方方地;优美地

参考例句:

She sank gracefully down onto a cushion at his feet. 她优雅地坐到他脚旁的垫子上。

The new coats blouse gracefully above the hip line. 新外套在臀围线上优美地打着褶皱。

2 exhausted [ɪgˈzɔ:stɪd]

adj.极其疲惫的,精疲力尽的

参考例句:

It was a long haul home and we arrived exhausted.搬运回家的这段路程特别长,到家时我们已筋疲力尽。

Jenny was exhausted by the hustle of city life.珍妮被城市生活的忙乱弄得筋疲力尽。

3 bent [bent]

n.爱好,癖好;adj.弯的;决心的,一心的

参考例句:

He was fully bent upon the project.他一心扑在这项计划上。

We bent over backward to help them.我们尽了最大努力帮助他们。

4 rogue [rəʊg]

n.流氓;v.游手好闲

参考例句:

The little rogue had his grandpa's glasses on.这淘气鬼带上了他祖父的眼镜。

They defined him as a rogue.他们确定他为骗子。

5 hush [hʌʃ]         

int.嘘,别出声;n.沉默,静寂;v.使安静

参考例句:

A hush fell over the onlookers.旁观者们突然静了下来。

Do hush up the scandal!不要把这丑事声张出去!

6 descended [dɪ'sendɪd]

a.为...后裔的,出身于...的

参考例句:

A mood of melancholy descended on us. 一种悲伤的情绪袭上我们的心头。

The path descended the hill in a series of zigzags. 小路呈连续的之字形顺着山坡蜿蜒而下。

7 destined [ˈdestɪnd]

adj.命中注定的;(for)以…为目的地的

参考例句:

It was destined that they would marry.他们结婚是缘分。

The shipment is destined for America.这批货物将运往美国。

婚 礼 之 舞

握着我手的这只手不再属于我记忆中的那个孩子了,他如今已长大成人。不论是他的手、他的脸、还是他的微笑,都令我感到阵阵暖意。随着时光流逝,他越发像他的父亲了。我俩优雅地翩翩起舞,而他年轻的新娘则站在一旁瞧着我们。哦,我有了一个新的女儿。日子过得真快。不知不觉地恍若隔世。那天我还用疲惫的臂膀怀抱一个哇哇啼哭的婴儿,数着他粉嫩的手指和脚趾;如今,我却已不再是他生活中最重要的人了。

一个轻松的旋转,接着他带我大步舞动起来,就像他父亲当年一样。此时此刻,我儿子的眼里闪动着当年他父亲的那份顽皮,我不知他父亲是否正注视着我们。猛然,我被拦腰仰面向下折弯,接着我像一个小我一半岁数的女孩儿一样开怀大笑起来。我的小调皮鬼顺势俯身贴近我,这招来满堂的喝彩。他在我的面颊上吻了一下,然后猛地又将我扶正。这时,往昔一种遗憾的泪水几乎要夺眶而出。
附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

返回列表