听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语新闻】 » 双语:特朗普国情咨文要点摘录
返回列表 发帖

双语:特朗普国情咨文要点摘录

当地时间1月30日晚,美国总统特朗普发表上任以来的首次国情咨文。

国情咨文(the State of the Union)是美国政府的施政纲领,每年年初由现任总统在国会发布,主要内容包括预算信息(budget message)、国家经济形势报告(economic report of the nation),总统还会介绍这一年的施政纲领(outline the legislative agenda and national priorities)。

特朗普在开场白中提到了过去一年经历的洪水、火灾和飓风,以及发生在拉斯维加斯的枪击案。他表示,“在可怕的枪击事件之后,我们团结在了一起,不再以共和党人或者民主党人的身份自居,而是共同作为人民的代表”。他呼吁所有人,求同存异,“为选择了我们、需要我们服务的人民,达成我们应有的团结。”

下面我们就为大家梳理一下特朗普首次国情咨文的要点。

就业 jobs

Since the election, we have created 2.4 million new jobs, including 200,000 new jobs in manufacturing alone. After years of wage stagnation, we are finally seeing rising wages.

自从大选以来,我们已经创造了240万个新的就业岗位,其中仅制造业新增就业岗位就有20万。在多年工资增长停滞之后,我们终于看到工资有所上涨。

Unemployment claims have hit a 45-year low. African-American unemployment stands at the lowest rate ever recorded, and Hispanic American unemployment has also reached the lowest levels in history.

失业率创下45年来新低。非洲裔美国人的失业率更是达到历史最低水平,西班牙裔美国人的失业率也达到历史最低。

Small business confidence is at an all-time high. The stock market has smashed one record after another, gaining $8 trillion in value. That is great news for Americans’ 401k, retirement, pension, and college savings accounts.

小企业的信心处于历史最高水平。股市屡创新高,创下8万亿美元(约合人民币50.6万亿元)的记录。这对于美国人的退休金、养老金以及大学储蓄金而言都是一个好消息。

减税 tax cut

Our massive tax cuts provide tremendous relief for the middle class and small businesses.

我们大幅减税,让中产阶级和小企业如释重负。

To lower tax rates for hardworking Americans, we nearly doubled the standard deduction for everyone. Now, the first $24,000 earned by a married couple is completely tax-free. We also doubled the child tax credit.

为了给辛勤工作的美国人减税,我们几乎将每个人的扣除标准加倍。如今一对夫妻的收入中,前2.4万美元是完全免税的。我们还将儿童税收抵免增加了一倍。

This April will be the last time you ever file under the old broken system — and millions of Americans will have more take-home pay starting next month.

今年4月将是人们在老旧的税收系统下最后一次申报税金。从5月开始,数百万美国人的税后工资将会更多。

We eliminated an especially cruel tax that fell mostly on Americans making less than $50,000 a year — forcing them to pay tremendous penalties simply because they could not afford government-ordered health plans. We repealed the core of disastrous Obamacare — the individual mandate is now gone.

我们取消了一种特别残酷的税,这种税主要是针对年收入在5万美元以下的美国人,他们被迫缴纳巨额罚款,仅仅因为他们买不起政府的健康计划。我们废除了灾难性的“奥巴马医改”的核心内容——个人强制保险已经不复存在。

We slashed the business tax rate from 35 percent all the way down to 21 percent, so American companies can compete and win against anyone in the world. These changes alone are estimated to increase average family income by more than $4,000.

我们把营业税率从35%下调至21%,所有美国公司可以在与世界上任何一个公司的比拼中取胜。仅是这些改变,就可以给平均家庭收入增加4000美元。

Small businesses have also received a massive tax cut, and can now deduct 20 percent of their business income.

小企业也得到大量减税,现在他们仅扣除20%的营业收入。

药价 drug price

To speed access to breakthrough cures and affordable generic drugs, last year the FDA approved more new and generic drugs and medical devices than ever before in our history.

为了加快在突破性疗法和可负担仿制药方面的进展,食品和药物管理局(FDA)去年批准的新型和非专利药品和医疗设备比以往任何时候都要多。

We also believe that patients with terminal conditions should have access to experimental treatments that could potentially save their lives.

我们认为,晚期疾病患者应该有机会接受实验性治疗,这可能会挽救他们的生命。

People who are terminally ill should not have to go from country to country to seek a cure — I want to give them a chance right here at home. It is time for the Congress to give these wonderful Americans the “right to try.”

身患绝症的人不应该再从一个国家奔波到另一个国家去寻求治疗——我希望为他们创造在国内就可以获得治疗的机会。现在,国会是时候给予这些美国人“尝试的权利”了。

One of my greatest priorities is to reduce the price of prescription drugs. In many other countries, these drugs cost far less than what we pay in the United States. That is why I have directed my Administration to make fixing the injustice of high drug prices one of our top priorities. Prices will come down.

降低处方药价格,是我最优先要处理的事情之一。在许多其他国家,这些药品的成本远远低于我们在美国的花费。这就是为什么我要求政府把解决高药价这一不公平问题作为首要任务之一。药价一定将会降低。

贸易 trade

From now on, we expect trading relationships to be fair and to be reciprocal.

从现在开始,我们期待贸易关系平等,期待互惠互利。

We will work to fix bad trade deals and negotiate new ones.

我们将尽力修复糟糕的贸易协议,就新的协议举行谈判。

And we will protect American workers and American intellectual property, through strong enforcement of our trade rules.

我们将通过执行强有力的贸易规则,保护美国工人和我们自己的知识产权。

基础设施 infrastructure

As we rebuild our industries, it is also time to rebuild our crumbling infrastructure.

在我们重建国家工业之时,也是我们重建摇摇欲坠的基础设施之日。

America is a nation of builders. We built the Empire State Building in just 1 year — is it not a disgrace that it can now take 10 years just to get a permit approved for a simple road?

美国是属于建设者的国家,我们曾在短短一年的时间里建造了帝国大厦,难道现在需要用10年的时间才能取得修一条普通道路的许可么?

I am asking both parties to come together to give us the safe, fast, reliable, and modern infrastructure our economy needs and our people deserve.

我要求两党团结一致,为我们提供安全,快捷,可靠以及现代化的基础设施,这是经济需要,也是人民应得的。

Tonight, I am calling on the Congress to produce a bill that generates at least $1.5 trillion for the new infrastructure investment we need.

今天晚上,我呼吁国会制定一项法案,为我们所需的新基础设施建设投资至少1.5万亿美元。

Every Federal dollar should be leveraged by partnering with State and local governments and, where appropriate, tapping into private sector investment — to permanently fix the infrastructure deficit.

每一分钱都应该通过与州政府和地方政府协商合作,并酌情利用个人投资,来永久性地解决基础设施建设的不足。

移民 immigrants

For decades, open borders have allowed drugs and gangs to pour into our most vulnerable communities. They have allowed millions of low-wage workers to compete for jobs and wages against the poorest Americans. Most tragically, they have caused the loss of many innocent lives.

几十年来,开放的边界使得毒品和帮派进入我们最脆弱贫穷的地区,数百万的低收入移民和最贫穷的美国人一起竞争工作机会,最悲剧的事情是,很多无辜的人因此丧命。

Tonight, I am calling on the Congress to finally close the deadly loopholes that have allowed MS-13, and other criminals, to break into our country. We have proposed new legislation that will fix our immigration laws, and support our ICE and Border Patrol Agents, so that this cannot ever happen again.

今晚,我呼吁国会终止致使这些犯罪分子进入我国的致命法律漏洞,我们已经提出新的立法来修正我们的移民法,并且支持我们的移民与海关执法局以及边境巡警的工作,这样悲剧就不会再重演。

Over the next few weeks, the House and Senate will be voting on an immigration reform package.

在接下来的几周,美国参众两院将对移民改革方案进行投票。

In recent months, my Administration has met extensively with both Democrats and Republicans to craft a bipartisan approach to immigration reform.

近几个月以来,共和党和民主党两党议员广泛接触,共同起草一份由两党合作完成的移民改革方案。

Here are the four pillars of our plan:

我们的方案中包括四大支柱:

The first pillar of our framework generously offers a path to citizenship for 1.8 million illegal immigrants who were brought here by their parents at a young age — that covers almost three times more people than the previous administration. Under our plan, those who meet education and work requirements, and show good moral character, will be able to become full citizens of the United States.

第一大支柱,在我们的方案框架内,将慷慨地为180万非法移民提供一条入籍途径。这些移民是指那些从小被父母带来美国生活的人,人数几乎是上届政府的3倍多。在我们的方案中,那些达到教育和工作要求并具有良好品德的人,将有可能成为美国的合法公民。

The second pillar fully secures the border. That means building a wall on the Southern border. Crucially, our plan closes the terrible loopholes exploited by criminals and terrorists to enter our country .

第二大支柱,完全保证边境安全,这意味着要在我们的南部边境修建一座高墙。至关重要的是,我们的方案是关闭那些罪犯和恐怖分子可以利用的可怕漏洞,以防止他们进入我们的国家。

The third pillar ends the visa lottery — a program that randomly hands out green cards without any regard for skill, merit, or the safety of our people. It is time to begin moving towards a merit-based immigration system — one that admits people who are skilled, who want to work, who will contribute to our society, and who will love and respect our country.

第三大支柱,我们将结束签证抽签项目。该项目是随机分发的程序,不考虑技术、优势以及我们人民的安全。现在要改进为积分制移民体系了。该系统接受那些有技术、想努力工作、并愿意为我们的社会做出贡献、热爱美国并尊重我们的文化的人。

The fourth and final pillar protects the nuclear family by ending chain migration. Under the current broken system, a single immigrant can bring in virtually unlimited numbers of distant relatives. Under our plan, we focus on the immediate family by limiting sponsorships to spouses and minor children. This vital reform is necessary, not just for our economy, but for our security, and our future.

第四大支柱也是最后一个支柱,就是通过终止连锁移民来保护核心家庭。在目前支离破碎的移民体系下,一个移民可以带进来无数个远方亲戚。我们的计划是,通过限制对配偶和未成年孩子的资助来更关注这些家庭的直系亲属。这一至关重要的改革对我们的经济、社会和未来都是必要的。

These four pillars represent a down-the-middle compromise, and one that will create a safe, modern, and lawful immigration system.

这四大支柱将创造一个安全的、现代化的、合法的移民体系。

For over 30 years, Washington has tried and failed to solve this problem. This Congress can be the one that finally makes it happen.

30多年来,美国政府一直在试图解决这个问题,但是都没有做到。本届国会将最终让它成为现实。

反恐 fighting terrorists

Last year, I also pledged that we would work with our allies to extinguish ISIS from the face of the Earth. One year later, I am proud to report that the coalition to defeat ISIS has liberated almost 100 percent of the territory once held by these killers in Iraq and Syria. But there is much more work to be done. We will continue our fight until ISIS is defeated.

去年(2017年)我也承诺,我们会与盟友们携手把“伊斯兰国”从地球上消灭掉。一年后,我骄傲地向大家汇报,我们的联军已经打败了“伊斯兰国”,并几乎把所有曾经被这些伊拉克和叙利亚的杀手们占领的土地,都给收回了。但我们还有更多工作要做。我们将继续战斗,直至彻底打败“伊斯兰国”。

Terrorists who do things like place bombs in civilian hospitals are evil. When possible, we annihilate them. When necessary, we must be able to detain and question them. But we must be clear: Terrorists are not merely criminals. They are unlawful enemy combatants. And when captured overseas, they should be treated like the terrorists they are.

在平民医院放置炸弹的恐怖分子是魔鬼。只要有可能,我们就要消灭他们。必要时,我们必须能够抓捕并审问他们。但我们必须清楚:恐怖分子不仅仅是犯罪分子,他们是非法的敌方战斗人员。在海外被抓时,他们应该被当成恐怖分子来对待。

I just signed an order directing Secretary Mattis to reexamine our military detention policy and to keep open the detention facilities at Guantánamo Bay.

我刚刚签署了一项命令,让国防部长马蒂斯重审我们军队的拘留关押政策,确保我们在关塔那摩的设施继续运作。

I am also asking the Congress to ensure that, in the fight against ISIS and al-Qa’ida, we continue to have all necessary power to detain terrorists — wherever we chase them down.

我还要求国会保证,在打击“伊斯兰国”和基地组织的问题上,我们能继续获得所需的必要力量,无论在哪里追击恐怖分子,我们都有条件关押他们。

朋友 friends

Last month, I also took an action endorsed unanimously by the Senate just months before: I recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

上个月,我就几个月前获得参议员一致支持的一项决议采取了行动:我正式认可耶路撒冷为以色列首都。

Shortly afterwards, dozens of countries voted in the United Nations General Assembly against America’s sovereign right to make this recognition. American taxpayers generously send those same countries billions of dollars in aid every year.

之后不久,十几个国家在联合国大会投票反对美国做出的这一主权决定。美国纳税人每年都慷慨地向这些国家输送数十亿美元的援助。

That is why, tonight, I am asking the Congress to pass legislation to help ensure American foreign-assistance dollars always serve American interests, and only go to America’s friends.

这就是为什么今晚我要求国会通过立法,以确保美国的对外援助资金总是服务于本国的利益,并且只能送到美国的朋友手里。

返回列表