Board logo

标题: 【Smart Tips】Say No其实很简单。。 [打印本页]

作者: evaxiaofan    时间: 2010-12-1 11:14     标题: 【Smart Tips】Say No其实很简单。。

本帖最后由 evaxiaofan 于 2010-12-1 11:15 编辑

The trick to saying “no” is to do it in a way that doesn’t invite discussion. These strategies will head off any arguments.

Step 1: Just say "no"
Just say “no” – don’t offer any reasons for your refusal. Simply say, “I’m so sorry, but I can’t.” Then change the subject. Otherwise, you invite the person to challenge your excuse.

Make sure your body language conveys “no” by standing up straight and looking the asker in the eye.

Step 2: Sandwich it
If you can’t be that abrupt, slip your “no” between two positive statements. For example, “I’m so flattered you asked! Unfortunately, I can’t do it. But aren’t you nice to think of me!”

Step 3: Offer an alternative
Offer an alternative if you can, such as, “Why not ask Susie? I’m sure she’d love to.” This is especially satisfying if you know Susie will dread the request.

Step 4: Compromise
If you feel guilty about declining, make the person a counteroffer. Say, “I can’t do that, but here’s what I can do.”

Step 5: Compliment them
End on a positive note by complimenting the person. It will take the sting out of your rejection. We’re all suckers for a compliment, even if we suspect it’s insincere.

Eighty-two percent of women surveyed say they have trouble saying “no” to people.
And how about you?
作者: xiaomeixin    时间: 2010-12-1 11:30

"No."is a very usual word to our life.
作者: evaxiaofan    时间: 2010-12-2 11:17

回复 2# xiaomeixin

YES,but sometimes refusing someone is kind of annoyance indeed.
作者: xiaomeixin    时间: 2010-12-2 11:25

Yes,and I am always say "It's really sorry"and "I'm sorry."haha
作者: Solusrex    时间: 2010-12-11 13:27

it's really very difficult especially between friends
作者: evaxiaofan    时间: 2010-12-11 19:58

回复 5# Solusrex

I hope these tips could be of use to you~
作者: float    时间: 2010-12-12 11:59

It is useful for me

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2