Board logo

标题: LESSON 23 back on his feet [打印本页]

作者: tingroom    时间: 2010-12-24 14:17     标题: LESSON 23 back on his feet

Try to improve your ability by making full use of the listening material.If you meet any difficulty,please answer this post to  list your question,we will help you to solve it,let's study together.

Bob used the money he stole from his company to gamble again.
鲍勃用他从公司偷来的钱又去赌。

This time, he cashed in. He made a lot of money. Quickly he was back on his feet.
这一次,他赢钱了(cashed in)。他赚了许多钱。很快他又东山再起(back on his feet)。

He had returned to good financial health. His company, however, ended up in the red.
他已经恢复了良好的经济状况。他的公司最终却亏损了。

It lost more money than it earned. The company was no longer profitable.
它流失的资金比赚得的多。这个公司不再有利可图。

It did not take long before my friend's dishonesty was discovered.
没多久,鲍勃的欺骗行为被发现。

The company investigated and charged him with stealing.
公司经过调查指控他盗窃。

Bob tried to pass the buck. He tried to blame someone else for the deficit.
他试图推卸责任(pass the buck),让别人来背黑锅。

His lie did not work, however. He ended up in jail.
然而他的谎言不再生效,他最终进了监狱。

_______________________________________________________________.

[audio]http://sound.yywz123.com/tingbbs/up/voam23.mp3[/audio]

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

作者: xiaotantan    时间: 2010-12-24 15:25

Today,I would bet my bottom dollar that my friend will never gamble again,I would bet all I have that he learned his lesson about gambling.
作者: billdraaa    时间: 2010-12-25 07:02

Today,I would bet my bottom dollar that my friend will never gamble again,I would bet all I have that he learned his lesson about gambling.
作者: chaili8    时间: 2010-12-25 10:12

看看
作者: johnson.sun    时间: 2010-12-27 16:10

Today,i would bet my buttom dollar that my friend will never gamble again.I will bet all my have that he learned his lesson about gambleing
作者: feng_todd    时间: 2010-12-27 21:25

today i would bet my bottom dollar that my friend will never gamble again.i will bet all my have that he learned his lesson about gambleing
作者: 嘻游记    时间: 2010-12-28 03:59

作者: zouliangku    时间: 2011-1-7 15:06

Bob used the money he stole from his company to gamble again. This time he cashed in. He made a lot of money. Quickly he was back on his feet. He has returned to a good financial health. His company, however, ended up in the red. It lost more money than they earned. The company was no longer profitable. It didn’t take long before my friend’s dishonesty was discovered. The company investigated and charged him with stealing. Bob try to pass the buck. He tried to blame someone else for the deficit. His lie didn’t work. However, he ended up in jail. Today I would bet my bottom dollar that my friend would never gamble again. I would bet all I have that he learned his lesson about gambling.
作者: zym123    时间: 2011-1-11 10:17

ttt
作者: chenxiao    时间: 2011-1-21 14:27

作者: Lynn00    时间: 2011-1-27 10:49

求KEY
作者: 岩岩    时间: 2011-1-28 16:25

Today,I would bet my bottom dollar that my friend will never gamble again.I would bet all I have that he learned his lesson about gambling.
作者: 东方明珠    时间: 2011-1-28 21:37

作者: hardworker    时间: 2011-1-29 21:43

study every day
作者: hardworker    时间: 2011-1-29 21:46

key:Today, I would bet my bottom dollar that my friend will never gamble again. I would bet all I have that he learned his lesson about gambling.
今天,我愿意倾囊下注(bet my bottom dollar )鲍勃不会再赌了。 他已经从赌博中获得了教训。
作者: lulu0317    时间: 2011-2-26 16:22

作者: sorrylm    时间: 2011-2-26 17:45

Today,I would bet my bottom dollar that my friend will never gamble again. I would bet all I have that he learned his lesson about gambling.
作者: rotork    时间: 2011-2-26 21:02

thanks
作者: 焉逢    时间: 2011-2-28 17:07

Today I would beg my bottom dollar that my friend will never gamble again.I would beg all I have that he learned his lesson about gambling.
作者: lzuyyy    时间: 2011-3-17 08:22

re
作者: TALON    时间: 2011-3-17 17:02

Today,I would bet my bottom dollar that my friend will never gamble again.I would bet all I have that he learned his lesson about gambling.
作者: wazi01    时间: 2011-3-18 09:44

作者: jason.tu    时间: 2011-4-11 15:55

today i would beg my dollr and my friend never gamble again i will beg all i have that he have learn this lesson about gamble
作者: fangnan    时间: 2011-5-6 13:21

Today I would bet my bottom dollar that my friend will never gamble again. I would bet all I have that he learned his lesson about gambling.
作者: Manners    时间: 2014-1-11 15:19

His lie did not work

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2