Board logo

标题: 12月28日美文欣赏:LOVE [打印本页]

作者: icy_zhu    时间: 2010-12-27 22:31     标题: 12月28日美文欣赏:LOVE

本帖最后由 icy_zhu 于 2010-12-29 21:39 编辑

hello,guys~pls read the story carefully and then translate the phrases which are marked in red or write  down your feeling to gain the scores~

Love means having a want for the person I love without having a need for that person in order to be complete. If I love you but you leave, I'll experience a loss and be sad and lonely, but I'll still be able to survive. If I am overly dependent on you for my meaning and my survival, then I am not free to challenge our relationship; nor am I free to challenge and confront you. Because of my fear of losing you, I'll settle for less than I want, and this settling will surely lead to feelings of resentment.
      Love means identifying with the person I love. If I love you, I can empathize with you and see the world through your eyes. I can identify with you because I'm able to see myself in you and you in me. This closeness dose not implies a continual "togetherness", for distance and separation are sometimes essential in a loving relationship. Distance can intensify a loving bond, and it can help us rediscover ourselves so that we are able to meet each other in a new way.
     Love involves seeing the potential within the person we love. In my love for another, I view her or him as the person she or he can become, while still accepting who and what the person is now. Goethe's observation is relevant here: by taking people as they are, we make them worse, but by treating them as if they already were what they ought to be, we help make them better.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

作者: float    时间: 2010-12-28 09:53

Distance and separation are sometimes essential in a loving relationship.
作者: eedhatt    时间: 2010-12-28 21:25

My girl friend said goodbye to me two months ago. I have been sad until now and I don't know when I will get good. I think this article is very good. Thank icy_zhu .
作者: icy_zhu    时间: 2010-12-28 22:40

回复 3# eedhatt
I am sorry to hear that.
if this passage can help you go out of your pain,I would be happy very much~
作者: yezichen    时间: 2010-12-29 09:43

I want to  give you a suggestion,please  study for  moderator like yy2235 ,say what do you want us to do clearly ,and  please pay attention to  the typesetting clear .

你做的很棒哦,支持你。呵呵,希望这点建议你能接受改进哦,我只是一个来这个论坛不久的人,但是可能是所学专业的原因吧,极大地关注了学习者,如果这么一大段短文放在这里不进行排版,没有段落,对于像我这样英语水平很一般的人来说,真的很难坚持看完哦,希望你稍微注意一下吧,最后希望大家在这里都能更好的交流。
Thank you!
作者: icy_zhu    时间: 2010-12-29 20:46

thank you very much for your suggeestion!
I will try my best to pay more attention to what you suggest!
and learn from yy2235~~
作者: yezichen    时间: 2010-12-29 22:31

回复 6# icy_zhu

I know you do a very good job ,I'll always be there for you.
作者: icy_zhu    时间: 2010-12-30 11:30

回复 7# yezichen

I always want to know whether I did a good job and what is my shortage in my job, but actually,you know,hardly ever somebody can point it out,I was very glad you help to do it for me~
I appreciate it very much.welcome next time!
作者: 骆叶飘飘    时间: 2010-12-30 21:39

good
作者: lxw987654321    时间: 2011-2-27 10:47

nice
作者: runpu.li    时间: 2011-3-2 14:06

this is a good article.
作者: fangnan    时间: 2011-3-16 15:23

be loved,be needed,be independent
作者: lishingtail    时间: 2011-4-1 16:19

so good ,what a beautiful essay!
作者: 懂你LOVE    时间: 2011-5-29 11:21

I love you not because what you are,but because what I am with you.

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2