Board logo

标题: 英语这样表示“震惊” [打印本页]

作者: leenyao    时间: 2011-2-4 00:04     标题: 英语这样表示“震惊”

听到一个让人震惊的意外消息时或者看到很意外的场景时,很多人都会睁大眼睛,露出不敢相信的神色,这就是我们常说的“目瞪口呆”啦!这种心情你一定体会过吧,但是你知道怎么用地道英语表达这种震惊的感觉吗?
1. He was stunned by the news of her death.
听到她的死讯,他很震惊。
2. I was struck dumb with fear.


我吓得说不出话来。
3. He was paralyzed with terror.
他吓呆了。
4. My jaw dropped when I see how much the meal have cost.
看到那顿饭要花这么多钱,我大吃一惊。
5.I was awestruck that anyone could be so beautiful.
我很惊奇居然有那么漂亮的人。
6.They watched it with mouth wide open.
他们目瞪口呆地看着。
7. He gaped at the girl for a few seconds.
他目瞪口呆,盯了那女孩一会儿。
8. You should have seen Peter when Becky turned up in her short skirt. His eyes were popping out of his head.
贝基穿着短裙出现时,你应该看看皮特,他的眼珠都快跳出来了。
9. It's beyond me why Mary wants to marry John!


我觉得很意外,玛丽竟然愿意嫁给约翰。
10. When I heard the name of the winner, you could have knocked me down with a feather.
听到获胜者的名字,我大吃一惊。
11. Her death was a bolt from the blue to him.
她的死讯对他来说无异于晴天霹雳。
作者: 石头静儿    时间: 2011-2-11 17:52

It's a bolt from the blue  to me that I was dismissed




欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2