Board logo

标题: 1.20英语读书笔记 [打印本页]

作者: 福尔摩斯    时间: 2008-1-21 03:09     标题: 1.20英语读书笔记

从今天开始,我将把我每天的英语读书笔记写上来,一方面可以请大家指出我其中的错误,另一方面可以供大家一起复习

1.20读书笔记

or so(大约,左右):My parents will move back into town in a year or so.

强调句子(2种):1:It wasn't until nearly a month later that I received the manager's reply.
                              2:It is not until blind men who make such stupid mistakes.

chance 词组:1:by chance:They met by chance on a plane.(他们偶然在飞机上碰面)
                      2:chance on、chance upon:While in Paris we chanced on two old friends.(在巴黎期间 我偶然碰见2个老朋友)
前者词组作状语,后者词组相当于及物动词(vt)

get 词组:1:get a general idea  2:get across  3:get along with  4:get away (from)  5:get around / about  6:get back

7:get close to  8:get down  9:get down to (doing) sth  10:get dressed  12:get in  13:get married

14:get in touch with  15:get into the habit of  16:get off  17:get on  18:get on one's feet  19:get on well with

20:get rid of  21:get ready for  22:get stuck  23:get through  24:get together  25:get tired of  26:get used to  27:get up

Whatever:The poor young man is ready to accept whatever help he can get.

Paddle:paddle down rivers and streams

come from , fact:The name "whitewater" comes from the fact that the water in these streams and river looks white when it moves quickly.

As with hiking = It is the same with hiking:As with English, Chinese is a language widely spoken in the world.

unless:You should not go rafting unless you know how to swim, and you should always wear a life jacket.

be to,be going to,be about to,will 的区别:1:will 表示近期,个人意愿

2:be going to 强调计划(长远打算)  特别句子:1)It's going to rain. 2)He will be 5.

3:be about to 只加when时间状语,不加将来时间或者干脆不加时间状语,常用过去式

We are about to start.(后面除了when时间状语,不加其它时间状语,包括:immediately这样的时间副词;或者像这样什么都不加)

4:be to do 1)be going to 计划 2)命令 想要 一定会

otherwise用法:conj 否则:Seize the chance,otherwise you will regret it.(后面常加情态动词或者虚拟语气)

adv 1、另外,别样:We were going to play football, but it was so hot that we decided to do otherwise.

adv 2、在其它方面(相当于in other or different ways):The rent is high,but otherwise the house is satisfactory.(价格的贵贱不能用expensive或者cheap,要用高低,这个是英语的习惯)

adv 3、相反地,要不然,否则(相当于in the other way 或 on the contrary):Otherwise he would still be working, because his heart and soul were still in the school room with his students.

adj 1、另外的,不那样的,不同的(相当于 not as supposed / in a different state):Our struggle can not be otherwise than victorious.

adj 2、其它方面的,其它性质的:Some are wise, some are otherwise.

Otherwise 词组:1、and otherwise 等等,及其它:She helped me with advice and otherwise.(advice是名词,advise是动词)

2、or otherwise 或相反,或相反面:Everybody has his merits or otherwise.

一些 off 短语:1、be off to  2、see sb off  3、take off  4、go off  5、turn off
作者: nancyxu    时间: 2008-1-21 10:17

bump up
作者: pader2    时间: 2008-1-21 10:20

i think you are tired for typing so many words!!
作者: hehuhu    时间: 2008-1-21 14:01

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2