Board logo

标题: 情景会话:白宫The White House [打印本页]

作者: eileengao    时间: 2011-10-13 15:38     标题: 情景会话:白宫The White House

音频收听地址:http://talk.oralpractice.com/article_2699.html

A:But it's the White House. The president and his family live there.They won't let us see most of it. Probably we can only see a couple of rooms. 白宫是总统和他的家人住的地方。他们很多地方不会让人参观的,或许只能参观几间展览室而已。

B:No, that's not true.The White House is very big. And there are a lot of historical exhibits there.The tour will take us through many different rooms. I read about it in the guide. 不是这样。白宫很大,有很多历史文物。导游人员会带我们参观各个展览室,旅游指南上有说到。

A:Hmm. If that's true, then the security there must be very good.Because it's strange to think they will let people walk around in the White House. 如果是这样,那么保安工作要做得非常好才行。因为随便让人在白宫走动是很奇怪的。

B:I'm sure the security is very tight.Probably they will make us walk through metal detectors like at the airport. 我相信保安工作一定很严谨,可能像机场那样必须通过侦测器。

A:So I can't take my gun then. 那么我就不能带枪啰!

B:Don't always joke like that! You don't have a gun. 别老是开这种玩笑,你根本没有枪。

A:Yes, it's true I don't. 我的确没有。

B:You shouldn't say things like that. You could get arrested! 你不应该说这种话,会被抓去的。

A:What? Do you think someone will arrest me for making a joke?Someone will arrest me here at the breakfast table? 什么?会有人因为我开玩笑就逮捕我?会有人在这餐桌上就将我逮捕吗?

B:No. But if you say something like that in the White House,they may take it seriously. Sometimes I think you joke too much. 不是,不过如果你在白宫说那样的话,他们就会当真。有时候你玩笑开得太过火了。

A:I'll be careful. Don't worry. I don't want to get arrested by the FBI.But how long does the White House tour last? 我会小心的,别担心,我并不想被联邦调查局的人逮捕。不过参观白宫要多久?

B:I'm not sure. I think it lasts about one hour. 我不确定,我想大概一小时。

A:Alright. We should take a taxi over there right after breakfast. 好的,我们吃完早餐就搭出租车去。

B:First I want to look in the travel guide.Maybe they don't have tours in the morning. 我先看看旅游指南。很可能早上不开放参观。

A:That's a good idea. Do you want some more coffee? 那倒是。你还要咖啡吗?

B:No, I'm fine. 不了,这样就够了。更多情景口语
作者: dragon520    时间: 2011-10-14 13:42

There are many white house in China,haha.

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2