Board logo

标题: 情景会话:开新店Are we opening the new shop [打印本页]

作者: eileengao    时间: 2011-10-21 11:39     标题: 情景会话:开新店Are we opening the new shop

音频收听地址:http://talk.oralpractice.com/article_2659.html

A:Well, you two.I have good news from Ms. Wells. 嗯,你们两个。我从威尔斯太太那儿听到好消息。

B:Are we opening the new shop? 我们要开新的店吗?


A:Not just that, Candy.Ms. Wells wants me to tell you that we will be opening two new shops. 不止是那样,肯蒂。威尔斯太太要我告诉你们我们将要开两家店。


B:Two? 两家?


C:So fast? 那么快?


A:Yes, two. They've just decided on the second location.And Ms. Wells wants to thank us especially. 是的,两家。他们才刚决定第二家店的地点。威尔斯太太特别要谢谢我们。


B:She is a very aggressive woman. Two shops at once!How will they have the staff for that? 她是非常有冲劲的女人,同时开两家店!他们要如何找到工作人员呢?


A:That isn't our concern, Candy.But Ms. Wells says she wanted to thank us especially.She wants to take us to dinner this Saturday. 那并不是我们所担心的,肯蒂。但威尔斯太太说要特别谢谢我们。她要在这个星期六带我们去晚餐。


C:Great. So I guess our television ads worked. 真好,所以我猜电视的广告有效了。


A:If we judge by April's sales, they worked almost miraculously. 如果我们从四月份的销售额来看,他们几乎创造了奇迹。


C:That good? 那么好?


A:Yes. According to what Ms. Wells told me,sales are up around 65% at all three stores. 是的。按威尔斯太太所告诉我的,在三个店面销售都上升百分之六十五。


B:Excellent! And she thinks it was because of the TV ads? 太好了!她相信是因为拜电视广告所赐的?


A:Yes. What else? She says she is very grateful for your idea, Andrew.That concept was dynamite. 是的。还有什么呢?她说她非常感谢你的构想,安德鲁。那个概念真具爆炸性。


C:I thought we should promote more directly to younger women.So it worked. I'm glad. 我认为我们应该直接向年轻女性来推广。这是有效的,我很高兴。


A:Now we need to develop the concept more.I'm thinking about more newspaper ads and billboards.And maybe a new TV ad as well. 现在我们需要再开发一些构想。我在想有关报纸广告以及设立广告牌。及一个新的电视广告。


C:For newspaper ads, we will have to work with a different advertising agency.The Tate Company only does television. 有关报纸广告,我们需要再找一个不同的广告代理商。泰德公司只做电视广告。


A:I know that. Can you try to set up some meetings with other agencies, Candy? 我知道。你可以再安排一些跟代理商的会谈吗,肯蒂?


B:Sure. I'll call around. I just need to know your schedule. 当然,我会联系一下。我只是需要知道你的时间表。


A:We'll have to work hard on this, you two.Ms. Wells thinks we may be able to steal the market from the shopping malls.So she wants to hit them hard, and hit them fast. 我们必须要在这方面很努力,你们两位。威尔斯太太希望我们能够把百货公司的市场给抢过来。她要大大地打击他们,而且要快速。


C:That sounds more like military strategy than makeup sales. 那比较像军事战略而非化妆品的销售。


A:Well, you know, Andrew--beauty products are like anything else.Business is war, whatever you sell. 嗯,你知道,安德鲁--化妆品就像其它的事情一样。商场如战场,不管你是卖什么。
分享更多工作英语




欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2