Board logo

标题: 情景会话:我知道你喜欢说唱音乐I do know you like rap music [打印本页]

作者: eileengao    时间: 2012-2-3 09:56     标题: 情景会话:我知道你喜欢说唱音乐I do know you like rap music

音频收听地址:http://talk.oralpractice.com/article_4401.html

A:So it is hard to be a black student on campus? 在校园里当黑人学生很难吗?

B:Yes, in many ways it is. There are many stereotypes I have to deal with in my daily life. 是的,多方面是这样。在我的日常生活中,有许多旧框框我不得不去面对。

A:Stereotypes? Like what? 旧框框?什么样的?

B:Well, like since I'm black, I must like rap music, come from the inner city, or play basketball well. 唔,像因为我是黑人,我必定喜欢说唱音乐,必定来自内地城市,必定很会打篮球。

A:I do know you like rap music, but the other two are definitely false. I’ve seen you play basketball. 我知道你喜欢说唱音乐,但其它两个绝对是错误的。我看过你打篮球。

B:Hey! But that's not the only problem. There's also the affirmative action stigma. 嘿!但问题还不止那些。防止种族歧视的积极行动还是有污点的。

A:You mean that people look down upon you because they think you're in school because of a quota? That's not true at all, you're really a smart guy. 你是说人们看不起你,因为他们认为你是因为配额而在学校?那完全不对,你真的是个精明人。

B:I know that, but some people don't think like that. And I get problems from teachers as well. 我知道,但是有些人不那样认为。而且老师那儿我也遇到了麻烦。

A:Teachers? I didn't think that they would be racist at all. 老师?我想他们根本不可能是种族主义者。

B:Racist? Not exactly. It's how they look at me and ask for my opinion on a topic, as if I can speak for all black people and give them the black opinion on a subject. Suddenly I become the representative of the black race, as if we all had the same opinion. 种族主义者?不准确。是他们怎么看我,问我对一个话题的看法,好像我能代表所有的黑人,对一个话题告诉他们,黑人的观点。突然,我成为黑种人的代表,好像我们所有的黑人都有同样的看法。

A:I see. It looks like there are still a lot of issues we need to work on in the US. 我明白。看起来在美国还有许多问题需要我们继续努力。
日常英语

作者: dragon520    时间: 2012-2-3 15:28

Maybe USA is the most racist Conutry.
As though they often say China have no human rights,include itself.
作者: xiahme    时间: 2012-2-3 16:10

I like R&B and I'm not black.
作者: 簿子酒    时间: 2012-2-6 08:40

rap music,just yo yo check it out~that's rap music~

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2