Board logo

标题: 7月27日英语故事:The Best Time of My Life [打印本页]

作者: 星期一    时间: 2010-7-27 10:24     标题: 7月27日英语故事:The Best Time of My Life

read the story carefully and then translate the phrases which are marked in red or write down what you get from the story to gain the score. 试着翻译红色的部分或者发表自己的看法.

It was June 15, and in two days I would be turning thirty. ① I was insecure about entering a new decade of my life and feared that my best years were now behind me. My daily routine included going to the gym for a workout before going to work. Every morning I would see my friend Nicholas at the gym. He was seventy-nine years old and in terrific shape. As I greeted Nicholas on this particular day, he noticed I wasn’t full of my usual vitality and asked if there was anything wrong. I told him I was feeling anxious about turning thirty. I wondered how I would look back on my life once I reached Nicholas’s age, so I asked him ,”What was the best time of your life?”
Without hesitation, Nicholas replied, “Well, Joe, this is my philosophical answer to your philosophical question:
② When I was a child in Austria and everything was taken care of for me and I was nurtured by my parent, that was the best time of my life.
“When I was going to school and learning the things I know today, that was the best time of my life.
“When I was going to school and learning the things I know today, that was the best time of my life.
“When I got my first job and had responsibilities and got paid for my efforts, that was the best time of my life.
“When I met my wife and fell in love, that was the best time of my life.
“The Second World War came, and my wife and I had to flee Austria to save our lives. When we were together and safe on a ship bound for North America, that was the best time of my life.
“When we came to Canada and started a familiy, that was the best time of my life.”
“When I was a young father, watching my children grow up, that was the best time of my life.
“And now, Joe, I am seventy-nine years old. ③ I have my health, I feel good and I am in love with my wife just as I was when we first met. This is the best time of my life.”

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

作者: ych19840710    时间: 2010-7-27 12:36

1.我正要进入一个新的十年不过也担心恐怕我生命中最好的年月也将离我而去。
作者: youxiaxiaolala    时间: 2010-7-27 15:18

1.对于进生命中新的十年,我感到不安,更担心最好的岁月将离我而去。
2.我的孩提时代是在奥地利度过的,大家都很关心我,父母精心照顾我,那是我最快乐的时光。
3.我拥有健康,我感觉很好,我和我的妻子就像初次见面一见钟情般相爱。
作者: zhengglc    时间: 2010-7-27 16:27

2# ych19840710
作者: fly215    时间: 2010-7-27 23:09

1.对于生命中新的十年,我感到不安,更担心最好的岁月将离我而去。
2.我的孩提时代是在奥地利度过的,大家都很关心我,父母精心照顾我,那是我最快乐的时光。