C:Oh.I didn't realize I was getting an office all to myself.
C:噢,没想到我可以拥有一间私人办公室。
F:Yes,you are.And this is your secretary,Jane Borromeo.She is a Filipina but was born and brought up here and is completely bilingual.
F:是的,你可以。这是你的秘书珍.包罗密。他是菲律宾人,但在这里出生和长大,完全能说两种语言。
S:Hi.How do you do?Just holler if you need anything.
S:嗨。你好吗?如果有任何需要,只要叫我一声就可以。
C:Thanks.(to Buchwald)She is a very attractive girl.
C:谢谢。(对布华奇说)她是个非常迷人的女孩。
F:And capable,too.
F:而且也很能干。
C:Gee,my nameplate's already on the desk.Everything is so neat.
C:哇,我的名牌已经放在桌上了。每件东西都很整齐。
F:Feel free to drop by my office if you have a question.
F:如果有问题,请不要客气,随时我我办公室来。
C:Even s silly one?
C:即使是一个笨问题?
F:How do you know it's silly if you haven't asked?
F:你又没问,怎么知道会是个笨问题。
C:My former colleagues told me three secrets of success in foreign-affiliated companies.First,the ability to speak English well.
C:我以前的同事告诉我,要在外商公司成功有三个秘诀。第一,良好的英文能力。
C:Second.an outgoing and sociable wilf.And third,not getting involved in office politics.
C:第二。外向且善于社交的妻子。第三。不要参与公司的政治斗争。
F:I agree with the fist and the last,You have to be careful when you step into the executive jungle and it's best to stay away from office politics,especially in a big organization like ours.