A:It is my first time coming to China. I want to buy something unique of China to my friends as gifts.
这是我第一次来中国,我想买些中国的工艺品作为礼物带给我的朋友们。
B:We have a great variety of Chinese antiques and porcelain. Do you like them?
我们有各种各样的中国古玩和瓷器,您喜欢吗?
A:Yes, I love them, but they are fragile. It is not convenient to take them.
是的,我很喜欢,但是它们太易碎了,带起来很不方便。
B:You are right. How about paintings and embroidered handkerchiefs?
说得对,那么图画和刺绣手绢怎么样?
A:Sounds good. May I have a look?
听起来不错,我能看看吗?
B:Of course. These paintings have many designs, such as animals, flowers, landscape, aquatics and so on.
当然,这些图画都有很多类型,比如动物,花,建筑物,水生物等等。
A:They are beautiful, but I can't understand the connotation in them. Let me see the handkerchiefs.
很好看,但是我理解不了它们的内涵。让我看看手绢吧。
B:All right. Chinese embroidery is one traditional art with elaborate design and high quality.
好的,中国刺绣是一种传统艺术,工艺精湛,质量很高。
A:Oh, I like the bamboo design. What is this?
哦,我喜欢竹子图案的。这是什么?
B:This is a series of animals, called Chinese zodiac.
这是一组动物,叫做十二生肖。
A:Good. So I will take three series and five bamboo ones.
不错,我要拿三套这个和五套竹子的。
B:OK, I will wrap them for you.
好的,我这就给您包起来。