Board logo

标题: 2000年全国攻读硕士学位研究生入学考试英语试题(1) [打印本页]

作者: 幽幽草    时间: 2007-4-27 17:18     标题: 2000年全国攻读硕士学位研究生入学考试英语试题(1)

Part I Structure and Vocabulary  Section A
  Directions:
  Beneath each of the following sentences, there are four choices marked[A],[B],[C]and[D], Choose the one that best completes the sentence. Mark your answer on ANSWER SHEET 1 by black-Example:
  I have been to the Great Wall three times____1979.
  [A]from[B]after[C]for[D]since
  The sentence should read,"I have been to the Great Wall three times since 1979." Therefore, you should choose[D]
  Sample Answer
  [A][B][C][■]
  1.As I'll be away for at least a year, I'd appreciate____from you now and then telling me how everyone is getting along.
  [A]hearing[B]to hear[C]to be hearing[D]having heard
  2.Greatly agitated, I rushed to the apartment and tried the door, ___ to find it locked.
  [A]just[B]only[C]hence[D]thus
  3.Doctors see a connection between increase amounts of leisure time spent___ and the increased number of cases of skin cancer.
  [A]to sunbathe[B]to have sunbathed
  [C]having sunbathed[D]sunbathing
  4.Unless you sign a contract with the insurance company for your goods, you are not entitled____ a repayment for the goods damaged in delivery.
  [A]to[B]with[C]for[D]on
  5.On a rainy day I was driving north through Vermont____ I noticed a young man holding up a sign reading "Boston".
  [A]which[B]where[C]when[D]that
  6.Christie stared angrily at her boos and turned away, as though____ out of the office.
  [A]went[B]gone[C]to go[D]would go
  7.The roles expected___ old people in such a setting give too few psychological satisfactions for normal happiness.
  [A]of[B]on[C]to[D]with
  8.Talk to anyone in the drug industry, ____ you'll soon discover that the science of genetics is the biggest thing to hit drug research since penicillin was discovered.
  [A]or[B]and[C]for[D]so
  9.It wasn't so much that I disliked her___ that I just wasn't interested in the whole business.
  [A]rather[B]so[C]than[D]as
  10.Countless divouced politicians would have been elected out of office years ago had they even thought of a divouce, let alone___ one.
  [A]getting[B]to get[C]gotten[D]get
  Section B
  Directions:
  Each of the following sentences has four underlined parts marked[A],[B],[C],and[D].Identify the part of the sentence that is incorrect and mark your answer on ANSWER SHEET1 by blackening the corresponding letter in the brackets with a pencil.(5points)
  Example:

A number of [A]foreign visitors were taken [B]to the industrial exhibition, which [C]they saw [D]many new products.

Answer[C] is wrong. The sentence should read, "A number of foreign visitors were taken to the industrial exhibition, where they saw many new products." So you should choose[C].

Sample Answer

[A][B][C][D]

11.Having isolated [A] on a remote island, with [B] little work to occupy [C] them,the soldiers suffered from boredom and low spirits [D] .

12.If the letter to be mailed [A]was placed [B] on the writing table an hour ago,it is [C] certain being [D] there now.

13.The ruling [A] party could even lose its [B] majority in the lower house of parliament,started [C] a period of prolonged struggling [D] .

14. The mechanisms at [A] work are manifest [B] in the tendency for such physical activity to [C] utilize the potential [D] harmful constituents of the stress response.

15.In [A] the long run,however,this hurry to shed [B] full time staff may be more [C] harmful to industry as it is to [D] the workforce.

16.See to it [A] that you include in [B] the examination paper whatever [C] questions they didn't know the answer [D] last time.

17.Most newspapers,while devoting [A] the major part of its [B] space to recent events,usually manage to find room [C] on the inside pages for articles on [D] some interesting topics.

18.One sign by which [A] you are making progress in an art [B] such as painting or photography is that [C] you begin to realize how much there is [D] to learn.

19.The ideal listener stays both inside and outside [A] the music at the moment it is played and enjoying [B] it almost as much as [C] the composer at the moment he composes [D] .

20.Continued [A] exposure to stress has been linked to worsened [B] functioning of the immune system,leaving [C] a person more liable for [D] infection.
  Section C
  Directions:
  Beneath each of the following sentences, there four choices marked[A],[B],[C]and[D].Choose the one that best completes the sentenec. Mark your answer on ANSWER SHEET 1 by blackening the corresponding letter in the brackets with a pencil.(10 points)
  Example:
  The lost car of the Lees was found____ in the woods off the highway.
  [A]vanished[B]scattered[C]abandoned[D]rejected
  The sentence should read, " The lost car of the Lees was found abandoned in the woods off the highway."Therefore, you should choose[C].
  Sample Answer
  [A][B][■][D]
  21.He spoke so___ that even his opponents were won over by his arguments.
  [A]bluntly[B]convincingly
  [C]emphatically[D]determinedly
  22.France's ____of nuclear testing in the South Pacific last month triggered political debates and mass demonstrations.
  [A]assumption[B]consumption
  [C]presumption[D]resumption
  23.The 215-page manuscript, circulated to publishers last October, ____ an outburst of interest.
  [A]flared[B]glittered[C]sparked[D]flashed
  24.His efforts to bring about a reconciliation between the two Parties_____.
  [A]came off[B]came on[C]came round[D]came down
  25.The system was redesigned to embrace the network and eventually____ it in a profitable direction.
  [A]adapt[B]control[C]install[D]steer
  26.The capital intended to broaden the export base and ____efficiency gains from international trade was channeled instead into uneconomic import substitution.
  [A]secure[B]extend[C]defend[D]possess
  27.It is announced that a wallet has been found and can be____ at the manager's office.
  [A]declared[B]obtained[C]reclaimed[D]recognized
  28.When I___ my senses, I found myself wrapped up in bed in my little room, with Grandma bending over me.
  [A]woke up[B]took to[C]picked up[D]came to
  29.The American society is___ an exceedingly shaky foundation of natural resources, which is connected with the possibility of a worsening environment.
  [A]established on[B]affiliated to
  [C]originated from[D]incorporated with
  30.I am not_____ with my roommate but I have to share the room with her, because I have nowhere else to live.
  [A]concerned[B]compatible[C]considerate[D]complied
  31.At first, the____ of color pictures over a long distance seemed impossible, but, with painstaking efforts and at great expense, it became a reality.
  [A]transaction[B]transmission
  [C]transformation[D]transition
  32.When the committee_____ to details, the proposed plan seemed impractical.
  [A]got down[B]set about[C]went off[D]came up
  33.____to some parts of South America is still difficult, because parts of the continent are still covered with thick forests.
  [A]Orientation[B]Access[C]Procession[D]Voyage
  34.Mr Smith had an unusual_____: he was first an office clerk, the a sailor, and ended up as a school teacher.
  [A]profession[B]occupation[C]position[D]career
  35.The mayor is a woman with great____ and therefore deserves our political and financial support.
  [A]intention[B]instinct[C]intgrity[D]intensity
  36.The English weather defies forecast and hence is a source of interest____ to everyone.
  [A]speculation[B]attribution[C]utilization[D]proposition
  37.The fact that the golden eagle usually builds its nest on some high cliffs___ it almost impossible to obtain the eggs or the young birds.
  [A]renders[B]reckons[C]regards[D]relates
  38.To impress a future employer, one should dress neatly be____, and display in the job.
  [A]swift[B]instant[C]timely[D]punctual
  39.You don't have to install this radio in your new car, it's an_____ extra.
  [A]excessive[B]optional[C]additional[D]arbitrary
  40.We were pleased to note that the early morning delivery didn't______ to the traffic jam of the busy city.
  [A]aid[B]amount[C]add[D]attribute

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2