听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 考研英语 » 应用文写作之私人和公务信函(二)
返回列表 发帖

应用文写作之私人和公务信函(二)

2)应聘信(accepting request for an interview)

例1

directions: you have just received a letter from a company, which replied your application for a job and asked you to go to the interview on august 30. please write a reply which is about 100 words and you do not need to write the address.

dear mr. wang,

thank you for your reply of august 20 about my application for a position. it came to hand this morning as a pleasant surprise. i am glad to tell you that i will attend the interview at the time you set for the morning of august 30. i will bring along full details of my testimonials as you suggested.

i would like to introduce myself to the company and hope to be a member of it. i would certainly spare no effort to acquit myself to your satisfaction.

yours respectfully,

×××

*come to hand表示收到。set表示设定时间。spare no effort不遗余力。

3)推荐信(letters of recommendation)

例1

directions:you are preparing to introduce your student to sb. write a letter about 100 words and express your opinion clearly.

1) what the referee want to obtain

2) the reason you want to introduce him or her.

3) the opinion and suggestion of yourself.

you do not need to write the address.

dear professor smith,

it is my pleasure to recommend my student mr. wang gang for admission to your department for pursuing a master degree in accounting.

i am engaged in accounting teaching at a university in beijing china, i enjoy my work and all of my chinese students, who are so clever and friendly. however mr. wang gang excels almost any others. he is not only outstanding in the field of accounting but also gifted for the english language, for he seems to understand almost every word i say in class. as concern as his personality, i find him honest, responsible, and cooperative. i bet you‘ll like him too.

i recommend him enthusiastically. if you need further information regarding mr. wang gnag, do not hesitate to contact me.

best regards,

sincerely yours,

×××

*be engaged in表示从事(……工作),as concern as关于、提及

例2

directions:you are asked to write a recommendation of your student for a position of marketing clerk about 100 words please express your reason clearly.you do not need to write the address.

dear mr. manager,

i am writing this letter to recommendate my student wang gang who is seeking the position of marketing clerk of your company.

he says you are satisfied with his presentation at the interview and require recommendation to be attached to his exceptional academic performance in the college.

as his political instructor, i think mr.wang is well qualified for the position he seeks. he always ranks among the top five in his grade, has passed cet-6 and obtains a certificate of intermediate computer skills. mr. wang is a studious, selfless, and aspiring young man, and he is awarded the title of three good activist by the college every year.

i believe he is a good candidate worthy of your consideration.

your sincerely,

×××

*interview即面试,be well qualified表示完全具有资格、很合格

例3

directions:you are going to write a recommendation for sb. as you will introduce him or her a job. please express your idea clearly about 100 words.you do not need to write the address.

dear sirs,

i take delight in recommending mr wang gang to the education department of your university.

mr wang is a conscientious and strong-minded young man. he was first trained for two years in beijing normal university and assigned to work as a high school teacher. his desire, however, was to instruct english in a university. then he entered the beijing institute of education to study english for another two years . his academic record was exceptionally good, especially in american literature course.

now, he has graduated from the institute and hopes to study further abroad, which will benefit his future employment prospect and may help fulfil his desire.

i should appreciate it very much if you would consider him.

yours sincerely,

×××

*take delight in表示很乐于(做某事)。

例4

directions: your are asked to write a recommendation for a student. please give your suggestions and express your opinions clearly about 100 words.you do not need to write the address.

to professor zhang,

i have the pleasure of writing this letter of recommendation for mr. li ming, who is a student of mine. he wishes to be considered an applicant for the ms course of biology at your college.

mr. wang is a gifted young man. he has devoted his heart to his study and research. not only has he obtained a‘s in all major subject areas, but he has also published several articles in the school journal, illustrating his originality and his deep understanding of science. for his competence, he is respected by everyone who knows him.

i feel sure that, if he is accepted by your college, he will be able to develop his talent to its fullest potential. i sincerely hope you will give him favorable consideration.

yours cordially,

×××

*推荐信经常使用一些褒奖的形容词来描述被推荐人。以下是一些常用的描述品行和能力的词语,供大家参考:bright, clever, capable, gifted, talented, ingenious, outstanding, prominent, diligent, assiduous, industrious, conscientious, hardworking, humorous, good-humored, cooperative, compromising, competent, original, innovative, ambitious, creative, original, innovative, inventive, imaginative, firm, persistent, persevering, resourceful, kind-hearted, generous, honest, helpful, cheerful, considerate, devoted, dedicated, committed, promising, far beyond the average person等。以上各词应根据语意选择,但不要过于堆砌。

4)祝贺信(letters of congratulation)

例1

directions: please write a letter of about 100 words to congratulate your friend li ming, who did well in the passed college entrance exam and has been enrolled in peking university.you do not need to write the address.

dear ming,

we are very happy to know that you have successfully passed the college entrance examination this year and have been admitted into peking university. allow us to give our most sincere congratulations on this exciting occasion.

you have all along been working hard at your professional studies, and you are excellent in most subjects. your success shows that only hard work can yield good results.

we take this opportunity to express our best wishes to you. wish you greater achievements in your college education.

yours cordially,

×××

*对朋友高考胜利的祝贺信应包括对其所付出努力的肯定,对其成绩的祝贺和对未来的祝福。

例2

directions:your friend steven and jenny have just had a new baby boy. please write a letter of about 100 words to congratulate them.you do not need to write the address.

dear jenny:

how happy you must be to have a beautiful new baby boy.the happiness in my heart is just the same with you. now you‘ve experienced the joy that only a new mother knows as her baby is put into her arms for the first time.

i am sure that the little stranger must look like his father and some years later he will be a smart fellow.

may the years ahead be filled with good health and good fortune for you and steven and your little what‘s-his-name.best wishes to all of you!

very sincerely yours,

×××

*庆贺孩子出生的信一般都写给孩子的母亲

例3

directions:your high school classmate zhanghong has just graduated from cambridge university. please write a letter to congratulate her.you should write about 100 words and do not need to write the address.

dear zhanghong:

how time flies! here you are graduating from cambridge university and planning t find a job in a computer cooperation in the united states.

congratulations on the job well done while at university and good luck to you during your new career.

i wish you success in all your undertakings and hope you‘ll find your career a source of great joy and happiness.

any time when you come back home,i wish you would come to my place.then,we may recall our high school life.everything will be well with you—i believe.

sincerely yours,

×××

*写作时要充分挖掘导语中的有效信息,特别是high school classmate等细节信息。

例4

directions:bill got a doctorate in literature for tsinghua university. write a letter to congratulate him.you should write about 100 words and do not need to write the address.

dear bill,

i got the news from mike that you have received a doctorate in literature from tsinghua university. i congratulate you for this. to have reached this milestone in your scholarship at a young age is really great. it means, i believe, years of assiduous study and hard work on your part. and it is an achievement you can be well proud of. as your best friend, i hope you can reach higher level in your study and do more contribution to the society. my best wishes to you!

sincerely,

×××

*朋友年轻有为,获得博士学位,应该祝贺。正如信中所说,这一成就是“多年来刻苦学习和努力工作的结果”(years of assiduous study and hard work)。英文有一句成语:no sweet no sweat.世界上不劳有获的事情是没有的。

例5

directions: write a letter of congratulation to a friend who win the scholarship in tsinghua university. you should write about 100 words and do not need to write the address.

dear jiang,

i take great pleasure in sending congratulations to you on your winning the scholarship to the tsinghua university of american literature.

while i‘m not a little surprised, i’m all happy to get the good news. i know you have got excellent marks for all the courses you took. it is great to know that you have achieved the goal you set for yourself. it is an award that you richly deserve. i‘m really proud of you.

warmest congratulations.

cordially yours,

×××

*这是一封祝贺信。字词之间流露出祝贺的诚意,如“great pleasure”,“not a little surprise”,“great”

例6

directions: you have just found an article about your friend jim‘s success in research on jinghua newspaper. write a letter to him to congratulate him. you should write about 100 words and do not need to write the address.

dear jim,

we are very happy to learn from today‘s jinghua newspaper the great news of your success—a paper on teaching theory. you can’t image how pleased we are.

it is a well-deserved recognition of your remarkable work. we are lucky in having you among our friends, and we are so proud of you and happy for you.

please accept our warmest congratulations.

yours cordially,

×××

*写作中应擅用破折号,以达到简单明了的目的。it is a recognition of表示这是对某人某事的认同和肯定。

5)求助信(letters of asking for help)

例1

directions: you want to study further for a master‘s degree and you are preparing for the entrance exam. since you have difficulty in english, you should write a letter around 100 words to ask for help from your good friend fang.you do not need to write the address.

dear fang,

i am sorry that i have to ask a favour of you, with the hope that you will be kind to help me.

i have been longing to apply for the entrance examination for ma candidates for a long time because i want to pursue advanced studies.unfortunately i find myself far from the required standard, especially my very poor english. at this moment, the personal friendship leads me to approach you with the request, whether you can manage to give me some constructive guidance. i promise to be a diligent student. if you agree, i will come to your house once a week at a time most convenient to you.

thank you very much for your kind help on many occasions in the past.

your friend,

×××

*thank you very much for your kind help on many occasions in the past.

多次承你帮忙,不胜感激!

例2

directions: suppose you are a senior majored in physics and plan to study further abroad. please write a letter of about 100 words to professor li and ask him to write a reference for you to a u. s. university.you do not need to write the address.

dear professor li,

i am a undergraduate from the department of physics and i fortunately took a major course on which you lectured. your lessons impressed me deeply.

as a senior, i face the choice between hunting for a job and continuing to study. i prefer to apply for a chance to pursue a master‘s degree abroad.

i have taken required english exams and got excellent scores. what‘s more, i have finished my personal statement, which is attached to this letter. i’m now writing to ask if you can write a reference for me, which will greatly facilitate my admission into a u.s. university.

best wishes for your health.

your student,

×××

*在请求别人写推荐信时应写明自己的目的和打算,并为对方提供相关信息。

例3

directions:you plan to apply for admission to harvard university. you want mr black help you with money. write a letter to him to tell him.

1) the reason for your letter.

2) the sum of money

3) how you make your living in the u. s.

dear mr. black,

i have applied for admission to harvard university. as i have no relatives in the united states and i have no enough money for the tuition. i must find a financial guarantor. you know, in applying for a student visa, an affidavit to support must be submitted from an individual who will assure this opportunity. it plays an important role for my chance to enter the harvard university. could you do me a favor to be my financial guarantor. if i really have the chance of coming to the u. s., i will undertake part-time employment to cover all the living expenses.

please write to me soon.

yours sincerely,

×××

*出国留学需要有人经济担保。如果是到美国留学,那么你的美国友人要填写一份担保书(affidavit of support),保证你在美国学习期间的学费和生活费用。

例4

directions:you are preparing to ask for some help from your teacher,write a letter that:

1) detail what you want he or she do for you.

2) express your thanks to your teacher.

dear ms wang,

i make bold to write this letter to ask you to do me a favour. i have tried to translate several short chinese stories into english for a part-time job. as it is the first time for me to do a translation work, i think there must be many errors and awkward expressions of chinese english for my lack of experiences. i sincerely hope that you would read over my manuscripts and correct my mistakes and sociolisms. also could you please give me some other suggestions on my translation work.

thank you for your help with great respect!

your faithful student,

×××

*.请人帮忙除了通常所说的ask for help,也可以用do sb a favour来表达。表示很诚恳地希望什么时,可用句型“i sincerely hope that…”

返回列表