应用文写作之私人和公务信函(三)

6)求职信(letters of applying for a job)

求职信的内容一般包括以下部分:

1)写信的缘由;

2)个人情况简介,例如;年龄、性别、文化程度、工作经历、工作技能、个人专长等;

3)推荐人或证明人姓名以供录用方查询;

4)约定面试时间。通常随求职信附上个人简历和两三封推荐信。

例1

directions:you are×××, an to—be graduate from jilin university, majoring in english. write a letter to a company applying for a position, your letter should include

1) an introduction of yourself.

2) your qualification for the position.

3) asking for an interview.

you should write 100 words or so, you don‘t need to write the address.

dear sirs,

i am a graduatee from jilin university of foreign language institute. as a student of english for business, i hope to work in a foreign company after graduation.

in the past four academic years, i have proved myself to be a straight a student, awarded a succession of scholarships. my english is particularly good and german happens to be my second foreign language, which will live up to the requirements set by a wholly-owned foreign company like yours.

i apply for the position of assistant to your marketing project manager. you will find me a good team player, self-motivated and eager to learn. i believe i can be of value to your company.

i should be very happy if you would arrange an interview with me.

yours sincerely,

×××

*live up to符合arrange an interview安排面试

例2

directions:you are a senior of computer science. you‘d like to be an intern for an it company. write a letter to present your willings:you should clear:

1)your education background.

2)your purpose of being an intern.

you should write about 100 words and don‘t need to write the address.

dear sirs,

i am a senior of computer science in beijing university of technology. i would like to work as an intern in your company. as i have a wide interest in computer, i will do whatever job assigned to me, in software development or in technical support. one of my advantages is that i am able to work conscientiously under pressure. the more challenging my task is, the better it will be done.

my main purpose is just to put into practice what i have learned from the classroom in the past few years and to learn about my own ability in practical work. remuneration is not yet taken into consideration.

i am enclosing a resume and looking forward to hearing from you.

yours respectfully,

×××

*put into practice付诸实践

例3

directions:suppose you graduates from business school of peking university.please write a letter to a director and apply for a chance of further study. the number of words is no less than 100 words and you don‘t need to write the address.

dear mr. director,

i am interested in your graduate program of international management. i have just graduated from the business school of peking university, holding a bachelor degree and awarded the title of excellent student.

i should be most obliged to you if you would send me your catalogue and necessary application forms at your earliest convenience.

enclosed please find my resume attesting to my outstanding academic performance at the business school of peking university.

thank you for your consideration.

yours sincerely,

×××

*这是一封本科毕业生写给研究生导师的信,把它归入求职信是因为二者在写法上基本上是一致的。

例4

directions:write an application for employment. the application should be presented the details of your personal references. you should write about 100 words.

application for employment

position applied managerasistant

availability to commence july 1st, 2004

name×××

addressno. 8 suzhou street, beijing.

telephone 86—010—××××××

e-mail shuangboshi @ 163. com

sex maleheight175 cm

date of birth dec .12, 1981

marital statusno

name of spouseno

his or her occupationno

educationmaster

name of schoolbeijing, foreign language

duration of studies2001.9~2003.7

majorenglish

degree obtainedmaster of english art

employment recorda foreign company

company nameneo company

employed from2003.7to2004.7

position heldsecretary

gross salary per month3.000 rmb

reason for leavinghoping for more challenges and chances

*工作申请表一般包括申请人最基本的信息且言简意赅,多用省略句。

例5

directions:please write a letter of about 100 words to a university to apply for a teaching post.you should not write the address.

dear sirs,

i am sending you my resume for consideration of acceptance to teach english within your university this coming summer or fall/winter semesters.i do have high qualifications with much related experience.

if your university has a need in my field of expertise,i would be very happy to discuss any possibilities.please feel free to call,fax or write me at the address below.

thanks so much for receiving my resume.i believe i will be able to hear from you soon.if for some reasons you currently do not have any available positions,please keep me on file for my future availability.

sincerely,

×××

*求职信的末尾可写上如果不予聘用,可将本人纳入备选档案。

例6

directions:you are applying for a position of teaching english as a second language to a university. write a letter about this. you should write no less than 100 words and the address is not necessary.

dear sirs,

i would like to apply for any position of teaching english as a second language that become available in the semester of 2003.i am a professional artist and have taught at the university level.

chinese art is special interest to me,and i took an introductory class in far eastern arts before completing my master‘s degree.if no position is available teaching english as a second language,i could contribute by teaching courses in the recent history of western art.

i enclosed my resume,which indicates my teaching experience and my work with people of various backgrounds.

thank you for your consideration.

sincerely,

×××

*此文指出了在最优选择之外提供其它选择的表达法。

例7

directions: you are preparing for a application because you want to get a position in a company. please write the letter in about 100 words. you don‘t need to write the address.

dear mr. director,

i have learned from the newspapers that you are employing an administrative secretary. i am very interested in this position.

i have worked as an administrative secretary for a economic company in beijing for three years, so i have some understanding of the counting. i graduated from peking university, holding a bachelor degree. having obtained certificates of cet-4 and cet-6, i find myself fluent in both spoken and written english. in addition, i am also quite familiar with computer skills.

enclosed please find my resume.

looking forward to your early reply.

yours sincerely,

×××

*你申请某公司的职位,一定要对这家公司有一定的了解,尤其要注意它所提出的各项要求。例如,公司对英语和电脑有所要求,写信人就说自己已经通过大学英语四级和六级,并且熟悉电脑。最后还附上简历。这样写法对求职是十分有利的。

例8

directions: you are applying for the post of programmer in a company. your letter should include:

1) your current situation

2) your reasons for applying.

you should write no less than 100 words and don‘t need to write the address.

dear sir/madam,

with reference to your advertisement in guangzhou daily on 20 may 2004, i am writing to express my interest in applying for the captioned post.

i am presently a programmer at success securities.ltd, and my 2-year contract will expir soon. by applying for the post i am looking forward to switching to a larger, more sophisticated and more computerized company so that i can enrich my professional knowledge. i am confident that my 2-year solid experience will enable me to meet the challenges which a large company poses.

please refer to the enclosed resume for the technical details of my past duties. i would be available for an interview at your convenience. thank you for your attention to this application.

end:resume yours truly,

×××

* expire期满、到期,switch to,改变,switch positions,换一换位置。sophisticated adj.高级的、尖端的。please refer to the enclosed resume for……相关详细情况请参阅附带的简历。

7)邀请信(letters of invitation)

例1

directions:you are planning to ask your friend to join an outing. express your idea clearly as follows:

1) details about what you are going to do

2) when and where you will go out.

you should write no less than 100 words and don‘t need to write the address.

dear li ying,

haven‘t seen you for a long time. how have you been? i am missing you all the time. as the weather is splendid now, jack、lucy and i have made a plan to go out to the countryside by bike. each of us may take food for the picnic, which we will have at the hillside. the countryside must be very lovely, with grass and trees growing flourishingly, flowers full bloom and bright sunshine. we can enjoy the scenery to our hearts’content, at the same time and take some pictures as a memory . it is possible for us to meet at the bus stop 8 a. m. i am sure we will have a good time. do come and join us.

yours always,

×××

*.邀友交游时的语言可以比较轻松、简单而不用太正式,例如一些简单的问候“how have you been?”和邀请语句“do come”

例2

directions:you want to invite mr. wallace to give a speech on“american literature”。 write a letter to him and say.

1) the purpose of the invitation.

2) the time of the lecture

it should be less than 100 words.

you don‘t need write the address.

dear mr. wallace,

we know that you are an expert on literature. as students in english major, we want to know some details about literature. we should be very grateful if you could give a talk on“american literature”to students of the english department on saturday, april 19. if this subject does not suit you, any other similar topic would be welcome as well.

we have already had several very interesting talks from distinguished visiors from various countries this semester and we look forward eagerly to the opportunity to benefit from your experience and wisdom.

sincerely yours,

×××

*本文是邀请外国专家做讲座的邀请函。信的言辞应表示诚意,如“我殷切期盼”(to look forward eagerly to the opportunity),还要表示尊重,如“从您的阅历和智慧中受益”(to benefit from your experience and wisdom)。

例3

directions: write an invitation to mr john sze, inviting him to be the calligraphy competition judge.

the number of the words is no less than 100 words and you don‘t need to write the address.

dear mr sze,

the 20th taiwan chinese calligraphy competition, organized by the good hope association and modern trade ltd., will accept entries from 3 march to 15 april 2004

as a renowned expert in chinese calligraphy, you are cordially invited to present as a member of our panel of judges. we would also like to invite you to give away the prizes at the prize presentation ceremony, and to deliver a speech to the audience.

details of the competition are as follows:

1.aim:

to help raise the standard of chinese calligraphy among primary and middle school students, and to arouse their interest in traditional chinese culture.

2.contestants:

primary division:students of primary 6 or below. junior middle school division: students of 14 to 16. senior middle school division: students of 16 or above

3.selection procedures:

first-stage selection by respective schools, second-stage selection and final decisions by the panel of judges.

4.date of prize presentation ceremony:

15 july 2004 (tentative; details to follow)

i would appreciate it if you would give me a reply at your earliest convenience so that the necessary arrangements can be made soon without delay. in case of queries, please do not hesitate to contact me at 24088507 during office hours. thank you.

yours sincerely.

×××

chairperson

competition planning committee

* calligraphy competition书法比赛,panel of judges.专家裁判,或专家仲裁组tentative adj.暂定的,in case of queries:如有置疑。

例4

directions: write a letter to invite your colleagues to participate in a family party. the follows should be included

1) the reasons of invitation

2) time and location of the party

it should be no less than 100 words and don‘t need write the address.

fiona:

i will go to a food party at karen yius place together with colleagues of the accounts department at 4:00 p.m. this sunday to celebrate the fourteenth anniversary of his marriage. everybody is expected to bring a dish and a bottle of wine of his or her own. if you feel interested, please join us at the main entrance of pioneer plaza at 3:00 p.m. sharp that day, and don‘t forget your dish and wine. we do hope you come and are expecting to see you then.

with best wishes.

sincerely yours,

×××

*邀请信语言应简明真诚,形式通常有正式和非正式两种形式。本文是同事之间的邀请,并且参加的是家庭聚会,所以用非正式形式即可。

8)感谢信(letters of thankness)

例

directions:your friend jenny gave you a hand when you were in depression because of your mother‘s death. write a letter to express your thankness.

1) the reason for the letter

2) what you will do to overcome the sorrow.

the address is not necessary and it should be no less than 100 words.

dear jenny,

i do not need to tell you how greatly i appreciate all you have done for me these days and how grateful i am for the comfort and understanding you gave me when i needed them so desperately.

no one knows better than you how important my mother meant to me and what an aching void my life has become without her. but i am trying to take your advice and i hope that returning to my work next week will help heal the sorrow

i really do not know what i would have been without you. thank you again for everything you have done for me!

affectionately,

×××

*假如你失去亲人,你会感到“悲伤”(sorrow或aching void),“迫切需要别人的安慰和理解”(need comfort and understanding desperately)。这封信就是对于别人在此时此刻所给予的帮助表示由衷的感谢,写信人说:“要是没有你,我真不知道该怎么做”(i really do not know what i would have been without you.),请注意英语句子的虚拟语气

返回列表