听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 影视交流 » The Other Woman《另一个女人》精讲之一
返回列表 发帖

The Other Woman《另一个女人》精讲之一

本片段剧情:艾米丽爱上了已婚老板,二人最终组建了家庭,但艾米丽的女儿出生仅几天就夭折了,她承受着巨大的丧女之痛。这天,她的继子威廉提出要把婴儿用品放在eBay上卖掉,触怒了艾米丽,她大为光火。

精彩对白

William: Emilia, do you know what eBay is?
Emilia: Yes, I do.
William: My friend Bailey's dad sells things on eBay. He takes all their old stuff they don't need anymore, like Bailey's old bike, and sells it.
Emilia: That's nice.
William: Maybe you should go on eBay.
Emilia: I figure if I need an old bike, Bailey's dad will sell it to me.
William: Not to buy. To sell. To make money. Don't you have any old stuff?
Emilia: I have strawberry Tofutti Cuties, like new, in original box.
William: I mean the baby's stuff. We should sell the baby's stuff on eBay. We can sell the crib. The crib cost exactly $1,31 1. Dad told me. So I bet we can get $2,000 for the crib.  Maybe even $10,000.
Emilia: No, we wouldn't.
William: That's how eBay works. Take all the old stuff you don't need anymore, and people give you money for it.
Emilia: We wouldn't get $10,000 for the crib on eBay, okay, William?
William: We can sell the stroller too. I bet we can get $5,000 for the stroller.
Emilia: That's not how it works. You're not going to get all that money for something used when you could get it new for a lot less. That doesn't even make sense.
William: It's not used, though. We never used it. Bailey's dad says-
Emilia: William, I really don't want to talk about selling the baby's things, okay?
William: But that's what it's for.
Emilia: William, shut up! Just shut up about eBay, okay? Leave me alone, please. Just go watch TV or something. Leave me.
Jack: I'm home.
Emilia: In here.
Jack: Thai. Great. Can I give you a hand?
Emilia: I got it under control.
Jack: Yeah?
Emilia: Hello.
Jack: So what'd you guys do today?
Emilia: Oh, built a cold fusion reactor out of swizzle sticks and rubber bands. We had a little thing, actually.
William: Dad, Dad!
Jack: Hey.
William: I missed you so much.
Jack: I missed you too, Will.
Emilia: Who wants to help set the table?
William: Emilia told me to shut up today. And she yelled at me.
Jack: Really?  What's going on?
Emilia: William suggested that we sell the baby's things on eBay. The crib and the stroller.
Jack: Okay.
William: Well, we don't have to sell those things. Anything that we're not using is okay. Like, we can sell my old MEGA Bloks, 'cause I don't use those anymore.
Emilia: Yeah, but you didn't say your old MEGA Bloks. You said the baby's things.
Jack: Just a minute, Em. Will, did you really want to sell the baby's things?
Emilia: What? I just told you.
Jack: A minute, Em, please. Will?
William: Well, I wanted to do eBay, and I was trying to think of things we aren't using. So I figured, the baby's dead. She's not gonna be using her stuff anymore. I didn't mean to make Emilia so mad.
Jack: See, Emilia is so sad about the baby that it's hard for her to think about selling the baby's things. And you're right. We don't need them anymore, but she's right too. We're not gonna sell the baby's things.
William: Okay. I'm sorry, Dad.
Jack: I know you didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. I know it. And Emilia knows it. And she's sorry too. Right, Emilia?
Emilia: I know I have to clear her room out. I just can't pack up all her stuff yet.
Jack: It's okay.
Emilia: I'm not building a shrine or anything.
Jack: I know. It's okay.
Emilia: I'm sorry I said "shut up."  I'm gonna read, okay?
Jack: Okay.
Emilia: Good night.
Jack: Good night.
妙语佳句 活学活用
1. old stuff: 旧物品,用作形容词还可以表示“很普通的,不足为奇的”。
例如:I daresay anything he had to say in the lecture would have been old stuff to you.(我敢说,他在演讲里所谈的对你来说必定是老套。)
2. crib: 婴儿床
3. stroller: 折叠式幼儿小推车,也称为pushchair。Stroller一般用来指散布者,流浪者。
4. give a hand: 帮助某人
give someone a big hand则表示“喝彩”
5. get it under control: 这里是说“已经搞定了”
6. cold fusion reactor:冷聚变反应堆
7. swizzle stick: 调酒棒
8. rubber band:橡皮圈,橡皮筋
9. We had a little thing, actually.: 意思是“实际上,我们发生了点儿小摩擦。”
10.set the table: 摆放餐具
例如:Helen and her sister will alternate in setting the table.(海伦和她妹妹将轮流摆餐具准备开饭。)
11.clear the room out: 把房间清空
12.shrine: 圣地;神庙;具有重要意义的地方

回复 1# xiaomeixin

精彩剧情和幕后花絮
《另一个女人》原名《爱以及其他不可能的诉求》(Love and Other Impossible Pursuits),根据阿耶莱·沃尔德曼(Ayelet Waldman)的同名小说改编。导演唐·罗斯(Don Roos)曾执导《性的对立面》(The Opposite of Sex) 、《皆大欢喜》(Happy Endings)等影片,同时参演影片的还有斯科特·科恩(Scott Cohen)、丽莎·库卓(Lisa Kudrow)等。
波特曼在片中扮演的女主角艾米丽(Emilia)是一位哈佛大学法律系毕业生,来到斯科特·科恩扮演的纽约王牌律师杰克(Jack)的公司工作。艾米丽很快爱上了这位已婚老板,二人最终组建了家庭。不幸的是,在痛失初生的女儿后,两人的关系陷入僵局。艾米丽不仅要克服丧女之痛,还要努力协调与继子威廉(William)的关系。更棘手的是,因为背负家庭破坏者的恶名,她还要应对杰克的前妻卡洛琳的怨恨和攻击。而如何与继子威廉相处不但考验着她为人处世的能力,更常常让她再度陷入对失去的孩子的悲伤回忆,艾米莉亚该如何从生活的困境中走出?

一个“家庭破坏者”的挣扎和成长   
《另一个女人》是一部结构清晰,但是又关系复杂的电影,它讲述的就是一个女人的情感史,但是因为她陷入错综复杂的关系,在剪不断理还乱的情感纠葛中愈发痛苦。“家庭破坏者”的故事向来充满争议,这也给本片导演在情节引人入胜和主流价值观的平衡上提出了挑战,从影片在多伦多上映后的反响看,波特曼的演技得到了较好的评价。
该片剧情并不复杂,复杂的是片中人的情感和内心,影片所呈现的故事内容,不仅仅是近年来频频亮相银幕的丧子家庭如何走出阴霾,也非简单的宣传噱头所言的小三转正,它描述的是在追求幸福生活的过程中所遭遇的一段变化,一段始料未及,一段不得已,一段天不遂人愿,而如何对待这个变化,如何减少不必要的伤害则显得十分重要,而最终连接人类情感关系的,不是某类事件,而是爱、理解、信任与包容。
人不能乏爱,有了爱,也不一能保证万事皆顺,总有难以强求的事情横在那里,总有莫名的意外在你不经意的时候撞进门来,总有经年累月的矛盾盘横在人心深处,并不时地升腾翻搅一下,想要处理好这些,理论说辞又往往易于付诸实践。有时候,一个意想不到的人会带给困顿中的人一个契机,在片中,艾米丽的契机来自于小威廉,这个敏感聪明的8岁男孩,在最关键的时候,在她离家独居的时候,给了她一根希望的稻草,让她远离了负罪感的折磨,也让她开始审视自己和周围所有人的关系。
附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

返回列表