听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 少儿·初·高中·大学 » 每天在幽默中学英语(大本营)
返回列表 发帖

2008-4-11

Grandpa and grandma were sitting in their porch rocker watching the beautiful sunset and reminiscing about "the good old days," when Grandma turned to Grandpa and said, "Honey, do you remember when we first started dating and you used to just casually reach over and take my hand?" Grandpa looked over at her, smiled and obligingly took her aged hand in his.
  With a wry little smile, Grandma pressed a little farther, "Honey, do you remember how after we were engaged, you'd sometimes lean over and suddenly kiss me on the cheek?"
       Grandpa leaned slowly toward Grandma and gave her a lingering kiss on her wrinkled cheek.
  Growing bolder still, Grandma said, "Honey, do you remember how, after we were first married, you'd kind of nibble on my ear?" Grandpa slowly got up from his rocker and headed into the house. Alarmed, Grandma said, "Honey, where are you going?"
  Grandpa replied, "To get my teeth!"

rocker: 摇椅
reminisce: 回忆
obligingly: 亲切地
a wry smile: 苦笑
nibble: 轻咬

Without the false teeth, nibble was absolutely beyond his power.  

2008-4-12

A little guy gets on a plane and sits next to the window.

A few minutes later, a big, heavy, strong mean-looking, hulking guy plops down in the seat next to him and immediately falls asleep. The little guy starts to feel a little airsick, but he's afraid to wake the big guy up to ask if he can go to the bathroom. He knows he can't climb over him, and so the little guy is sitting there, looking at the big guy, trying to decide what to do.

Suddenly, the plane hits an air pocket and an uncontrollable wave of nausea passes through the little guy. He can't hold it in any longer and throws up all over the big guy's chest. About five minutes later the big guy wakes up, looks down, and sees the vomit all over him.

"So," says the little guy, "are you feeling better now?"

hulking: 不灵便的或笨重的;庞大的

plop: 扑通落下

airsick: 晕机的 (我们的动车组火车上放的呕吐袋上面印的居然也是"airsick bag",晕!!!)

air pocket: 气穴,气阱:使飞机突然下降的向下气流也作  air hole

Little guys are always cleverer than big heavy guys.

怎么没有中文翻译呢

回复 23# 的帖子

已经把稍微陌生点的词都标了解释啦。慢慢看,很容易的。

2008-4-13

A man visits his aunt in the nursing home. It turns out that she is taking a nap, so he just sits down in a chair in her room, flips through a few magazines, and munches on some peanuts sitting in a bowl on the table. Eventually, the aunt wakes up, and her nephew realizes he's absentmindedly finished the entire bowl. "I'm so sorry, auntie, I've eaten all of your peanuts!" "That's okay, dearie," the aunt replied. "After I've sucked the chocolate off, I don't care for them anyway."

nursing home: 疗养院

take a nap: 小睡一下, 睡午觉

flip through: [口]浏览

munch: 用力咀嚼, 大声咀嚼

absentmindedly: 心不在焉地,恍惚地

See, that's the punishment for greediness.

看来我的英语水平真的很烂

回复 26# 的帖子

不哭不哭,每天坚持学习,慢慢就会提高了。呵呵

2008-4-14

A man goes into a pet shop to buy a parrot. The shop owner points to three identical-looking parrots on a perch and says: "The parrot on the left costs $500." "Why does the parrot cost so much?" asks the customer. The owner says "Well, the parrot can speak four languages." The customer then asks about the next parrot, to be told that this one costs $1,000 because it can do the same thing the other parrot can do plus it is good at mathematics. Naturally, the increasingly startled customer asks about the third parrot, to be told that it costs $4,000. Needless to say, the customer asks, "What can it do?" To which the owner replies, "To be honest, I've never seen him do a thing, but the other two call him boss."

parrot: 鹦鹉

perch: 栖木,杆

Oh, I don't know what to say.

2008-4-15

A 12-year-old boy stood patiently beside the clock counter while the store clerk waited on all of the adult customers.
Finally he got around to the youngster, who made his purchase and hurried out to the curb, where his father was impatiently waiting in his car.
"What took you so long, son?" he asked.
"The man waited on everybody in the store before me," the boy replied. "But I got even."
"How?"
"I wound and set all the alarm clocks while I was waiting," the youngster explained happily. "It's going to be fun at six o'clock."

wait on: 招待

get around to: 抽出时间(做某事)

get even with sb. 与某人扯平, 向某人报复

alarm clock: 闹钟

What a naughty boy!

2008-4-16

On our way to a wedding in Vermont, my husband and I realized we had forgotten our camera. We stopped at a general store and, hoping to purchase a cheap, disposable model. Sal asked the owner, "Do you have any of those throwaway cameras?"

"Look, Fella," replied the owner, "I don't care what you do with it after you buy it."

general store: 综合商店

disposable: 一次性的;用后即可丢弃的

The store owner was so cool.

2008-4-17

In search of a new shower for our home, my wife and I went to a bathroom-supply store.   

We discussed our needs with a young saleswoman. Since it was near closing time, we had to cut short our discussion and made plans to come back the next day to make our final decision.   

Later that evening, my wife and I were at a restaurant, where the same young lady from the bathroom-supply store was now working part-time as a waitress.   

As she passed our table, she suddenly recognized us and called to me in a loud voice, "HEY! You're the man who needs a shower!"  

shower: 淋浴;淋浴器

cut short: 打断

The man must have been very embarrassed.

There was a hound dog laying in the yard. An old man in overalls was sitting on the porch. "Excuse me, sir, but does your dog bite?" the tourist asked.
       The old man replied, "Nope."
        So the tourist stepped out of his car. The dog ran over snarling and growling and bit him on his arms and legs. As the dog was dragging him away the tourist was flailing around in the dust and yelled, "I thought you said your dog didn't bite!"
       The old man replied, "Ain't my dog."

overalls: 工装裤

snarl: 吠, 咆哮

flail: 用力或胡乱地移动;左右(或上下)摆动

The old man was ruthless.

A Sunday School helper was delivering a station wagon full of kids home one day when a fire truck zoomed past. Sitting in the front seat of the fire truck was a Dalmatian dog. The children began discussing the dog's duties. "They use him to keep crowds back," said one youngster. "No," said another, "he's just for good luck." A third child brought the argument to a close. "They use the dogs," she said firmly, "to find the fire hydrant."

Sunday School: 主日学校, 星期日学校(指星期日对儿童进行宗教教育的学校)

station wagon: 旅行车

fire truck: 救火车

fire hydrant: 消防栓, 消防龙头

Kids would always say something beyond our imagination.

[ 本帖最后由 Sylvia_scj 于 2008-4-20 01:01 AM 编辑 ]

Our seven-year-old daughter was thrilled when we took her to Disney World for the first time and headed straight for Space Mountain.
I worried that the roller coaster would be too scary for her, but she insisted. To her delight, we rode it twice.
The next year we returned to the Magic Kingdom, and my daughter, now eight, again dragged me to Space Mountain.
As we stood in line, though, I could see her soberly studying the signs that warn about the ride's speed.
"Dad," she said, "I don't think I want to go." I asked her why she would be nervous when she had enjoyed herself last time.
She replied, "This year, I can read the big words."

roller coaster: 翻滚过山车, 云霄飞车

What an adorable little girl!  

很喜欢 顶一下

A pregnant woman gets into a car accident and goes into a coma.
After nearly six months, she wakes up to find that she is no longer pregnant.
Frantically, she asks the doctor about her baby.
The doctor replies, "Ma'am, you had twins! A boy and a girl. The babies are fine. Your brother came in and named them, if you don't mind me saying he does seem a bit of a redneck!"
The woman thinks to herself, "Oh no, not my brother!" Expecting the worst, she asks the doctor, "Well, what's the girl's name?"
"Denise," the doctor says.
The new mother thinks, "Wow, that's not such a bad name! I like Denise!"
Then she asks the doctor, "What's the boy's name?"
The doctor replies, "DeNephew."

redneck: 乡下人

Have you got it?  
'Denise' is pronounced exactly the same as ' DeNiece'.

[ 本帖最后由 Sylvia_scj 于 2008-4-25 12:22 AM 编辑 ]

Once there was a man named Jim, who let his dog out to relieve himself late one night. He watched some TV, and then remembered to let the dog back in. When he opened the door, he was shocked at what he saw! In his dog's mouth was his neighbor's cat, dead! "Bad dog! BAD DOG!", said the panicked man. He took the cat away and looked at it. He couldn't bring himself to tell his neighbor what happened, so he decided to clean it up and leave it on the neighbour's porch. He took the cat into the bathroom and washed off all the blood and dirt. It took him forever. He had to wash it four times to get it all cleaned. He brushed it's beautiful white fur as he blow dried it, and put it's collar back on. Since it was so dark, he snuck into the neighbor's yard, and laid the cat down on the porch, in front of the door. The next day, he was on his way to the car to go to work and his neighbor was outside. "Hi," he said. "Hi," replied Jim, nervously. His neighbor said, "something weird happened last night." "Oh yeah? What's that," asked Jim, sweating now. "Well, my cat died yesterday, and we buried him, and this morning he was lying on my front porch!"

relieve oneself: 大小便

Anyway, Jim was a good neighbor.

A group of friends went deer hunting and paired off in two's for the day. That night one of the hunters returned alone, staggering under the weight of a ten point buck.
"Where's Henry?"
"Henry had a stroke of some kind. He's a couple of miles back up the trail."
"You left Henry laying out there and carried the deer back!?!"
"A tough call," nodded the hunter, "but I figured no one is going to steal Henry."

pair off: 成对而去, 分成一对一对

Poor Henry.

回复 36# 的帖子 37#的帖子

lol lol

I heard this joke ages ago at that time I almost died with laughing. But the one I heard its the lady's uncle named the twins and the lady called her uncle is an idiot. lol

#37 also a good one. Poor Jim!  He must be very embarrassing. lol

回复 39# 的帖子

Yeah, some of these humors are really not bad. But it's hard to find great humors continuously. So I would just put some which are not that good sometimes.

返回列表