听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 少儿·初·高中·大学 » 每天在幽默中学英语(大本营)
返回列表 发帖
A Jewish father was troubled by the way his son turned out, and went to see his Rabbi about it. "I brought him up in the faith, gave him a very expensive barmitzvah, cost me a fortune to educate him. Then he tells me last week he has decided to be a Christian! Rabbi, where did I go wrong?"

"Funny you should come to me," said the Rabbi. "Like you I, too, brought my boy up in the faith, put him through University, cost me a fortune, then one day he, too, tells me he has decided to become a Christian."

"What did you do?" asked the father.

"I turned to God for the answer" replied the Rabbi.

"And what did he say?" pressed the father.

"God said, 'Funny you should come to me...' "

rabbi: 拉比(犹太人的学者)

Bar Mitzvah: 是西伯来语, 指男孩开始承担宗教义务的仪式

I guess that religion is a complicated thing for us.

I don't know what's wrong but I can't open the BBS easily and it's hard for me to add new content. It's kind of annoyed when I have to post the same articles again and again. I am not sure if it's only me in such a trouble, but I can use other webs easily.
Anyway, I decide to renew this thread when the problem solved.

When the store manager returned from lunch, he noticed his clerk's hand was bandaged, but before he could ask about the bandage, the clerk had some very good news for him.  
      "Guess what, sir?" the clerk said. "I finally sold that terrible, ugly suit we've had so long!"
      "Do you mean that repulsive pink-and-blue double-breasted thing?!" the manager asked.      
      "That's the one!"
      "That's great!" the manager cried, "I thought we'd never get rid of that monstrosity! That had to be the ugliest suit we've ever had! But tell me, why is your hand bandaged?"   
      "Oh," the clerk replied, "after I sold the guy that suit, his seeing-eye dog bit me."

repulsive: 令人厌恶的

double-breasted: 双排钮扣的, 对襟的

seeing-eye dog: 导盲犬

It seems that the clerk deserved the punishment.

回复 43# 的帖子

lol
That's exactly what he deserved.

回复 43# 的帖子

on the other hand, the seeing eye dog is too smart. omg can not believe it.  lol   

Since that I can't find more great humor stories, I think I should stop continuing the thread for now.
Wish all of you a lot of fun in learning English.

回复 10# 的帖子

学习中。。。。。

返回列表