- UID
- 261059
- 帖子
- 402
- 积分
- 702
- 学分
- 4431 个
- 金币
- 15 个
- 在线时间
- 250 小时
|
音频收听地址:http://talk.oralpractice.com/article_2514.html
A:Did you smell something out here? 你在外面嗅到什么吗?
B:Yes, I was in the kitchen. I thought I could smell smoke. 是的,我刚刚在厨房,我好像闻到烟味。
A:Me too. Where is it coming from? 我也是。从哪里飘过来的?
B:I can't see anything. Wait! What's that over there? 我没看到。等等,那是什么?
A:It's smoke. Whose house is that? 是浓烟。那是谁的房子?
B:That's the Riley's house. They're on vacation. 那是瑞里家,他们去度假了。
A:It doesn't really look like it's coming from their house.It's coming from the back. Is it a barbecue? 看起来不像是从屋子里飘出来的。这是从后面来的,是不是烤肉?
B:No way. They have a tool shed back there.It's a fire. I'm going in to call the fire department. 不可能。他们后面是工具室。这是火灾,我要进去打电话给消防局。
A:Wait. I have my cell phone. I'll dial 911.Yes, please connect me to the fire department. 等等,我有手提电话,我来打 911。请帮我接消防局。
C:Fire department. Can I help you? 消防局。有什么事吗?
A:Yes, I want to report a fire. 是的,我要报火警。
C:Where are you, sir? 先生,你的位置是?
A:I'm at 904 Lincoln Drive. I think there's a fire in one of my neighbor's houses. 我在林肯路 904 号,我邻居的房子失火了。
C:904 Lincoln Drive? 林肯路 904 号吗?
A:Yes. 是的.
C:Can you see any flames? 你看到火焰吗?
A:No, I can't see flames yet.But there is smoke pouring out of the back of the house. 我还没看到火焰。但是有浓烟从房子后面冒出来。
C:Alright. We'll get someone there right away. 好的,我们立刻派人过去。
A:There's someone coming. 他们马上来了.
B:It took them four minutes to get here. That was pretty fast. 他们四分钟就到这里,相当快。
A:Yes, it's fast. But four minutes is enough to do fifty thousand dollars damage. 是很快,但是四分钟就足以造成五万块的损失。
B:I guess the fire wasn't in the tool shed after all.It looks like the back of the house was burning. 我猜一定不是工具室起火。看起来是有东西在房子后面烧。
A:I wonder if anyone can call the Rileys about this. Do you know them well? 不知道有没有人可以通知瑞里家的人。你跟他们熟吗?
B:Not really. 不是很熟。
A:Do you know where they're vacationing? 你知道他们去哪里度假吗?
B:I think they went to Mexico, but I'm not sure.It's a bad thing to return home to.They'll come home from their trip, and they'll see half their house burned. 他们去墨西哥,但是我不确定。要是回来也真扫兴。他们要中途结束旅行回来,并且看到房子被烧掉一半。
A:Yes, but at least this way no one gets hurt.It's better to have a fire in your house when you're not home. Don't you think? 没错,但是至少这样没有人受伤。失火时最好没有人在家,不是吗?
B:Yes, I suppose. It's a dangerous thing if a fire starts when people are sleeping. 我想是的。如果正在睡觉时失火,这是很危险的.分享更多情景口语 |
|