听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 环球英语 » 【叹世界!】亚洲瑰宝、多彩的印度。。
返回列表 发帖

【叹世界!】亚洲瑰宝、多彩的印度。。

本帖最后由 evaxiaofan 于 2010-11-30 13:33 编辑

India From the Shelter of Your Home
One of the oldest civilizations in the world, India is patchwork of hundreds of different cultures and millions of different gods -- all jammed together in a teeming, colorful, chaotic jumble that astounds every hour you're there.

The Greatest Monument to Love Ever Made
The Taj Mahal is a tomb, built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his favorite wife, Mumtaz Mahal. Construction of the Taj Mahal began around 1632, was completed around 1653, and is considered one of the finest examples of Mughal architecture, combining Indian, Islamic, and Persian elements.

Here Comes the Bride
A Rajasthani woman takes part in a mass wedding ceremony in Ahmedabad.

The River of Life and Afterlife
Thousand of Hindu devotees gather along the banks of the River Ganges to watch a total solar eclipse in Varanasi in 2009. Varanasi serves as the spiritual capital of the Hindu religion.

Snake Charmer
A snake charmer gets reptilian in Jaipur.

Nakali Mud Baths
Indian Hindu pilgrims bathe in the mud of a dried up pond believed to have holy, restorative powers in Nakali village, south of Kolkata.

Li'l Dancers
Indian school girls perform a traditional Rajasthani dance in Amritsar, Gujarat.

Border Face
Pakistani Rangers (in black) and Indian Border Security Force (in khaki) personnel perform their daily ceremony of one-upsmanship at the India-Pakistan in Wagah. Hundreds of tourists from both nations fill stadiums on either side to watch the sundown show of patriotic bluster.

Face to Face Pilgrim
A Nakali pilgrim ponders the observer.

Water Cooler Time With a Kite
A kite drinks water from a fountain in New Delhi.

本帖最后由 evaxiaofan 于 2010-11-5 22:35 编辑

Well-Red in Tibet
Buddhist monks wear red bandanas in a teaching session led by the Dalai Lama at The Kalachakra Ground in Bodhgaya, Bihar, the birthplace Buddhism.

Golden Horn
A Sikh plays his horn at the Golden Temple in Amritsar in northern India.

Holy Sea
An Indian Sikh washes his face during a ritual bath at the Golden Temple in Amritsar.

Elephant Ride
Mahouts ride elephants in Jaipur, Rajasthan.

Going Garb-Free in Goa
Tourists sunbathe in the beach resort of Goa, a former Portuguese port.

The Pink City
The city palace stands tall in Jaipur, nicknamed the Pink City.

Trumpets Over the World
Buddhist nuns blow ceremonial trumpets at a gathering in the Himalayas.

Boating in Kashmir
A Kashmiri boatman prepares for tourists on the waters of Dal Lake in Srinagar.

Eyes in the Sky
Indian Air Force helicopters criss cross in the air during an air show in Rajasthan.

Anyone for Tea?
A male Red Panda rests in a bamboo forest in a zoo in Darjeeling.

本帖最后由 evaxiaofan 于 2010-11-5 22:41 编辑

Jain Red
Jain devotees reach for liquid vermillion as it poured over the monolithic statue of Jain sage Gomateswara during a festival held every 12 years in Shravanabelagola.

Salt Panning in the Little Rann
A child plays on the parched dry bed in the desert known as the Little Rann of Kutch.

Bridge to Nowhere
Children play on rafts of bamboo being transported along the river Gomati in Udaipur.

Nagaland Fierce
Dancers from the northeastern state of Nagaland perform a traditional dance.

Quiet as Jains
Indian Jain nuns wearing their traditional face masks attend a ceremony in New Delhi. The masks are to prevent the killing of any life -- even the accidental inhalation of an insect.

Monkey Leap
A gray langur leaps from a tree branch in Jaipur.

Beach Combers
Two Indian beach vendors sell fruits to Western tourists in Goa.

Water Palace of Udaipur
The Jal Mahal (or Water Palace) is pictured in Jaipur. The first four floors of the building, featured prominently in the James Bond movie Octopussy, are underwater.

Peacock Portal
A doorway at the City Palace in Jaipur displays its plumage.

评分人数

• davy10

thank you ,evaxiaofan
you have done the job what i want to do all the time, and it is so perfect!

回复 4# davy10

You are welcome~~

I like travelling, so I'd love to do such a job, and I enjoy it very much~~~hope friends having read this toipc like it as well~~

we have the same interest in travel , now i prefer outdoor to normal travel

我也喜欢

本帖最后由 evaxiaofan 于 2010-11-7 20:35 编辑

回复 6# davy10

I think it is fantastic to be in the great outdoors~~We can only enjoy  charming scences and especially a beautiful mood~~

回复 7# shenjunqun

回复 9# evaxiaofan

回复 9# evaxiaofan

it seems that Miss.shenjunqun is a girl too

回复 11# davy10

That's why I give her so many kisses~~haa~~

返回列表