听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 写作提高 » Career or family, which one should be the first?
返回列表 发帖

Career or family, which one should be the first?

Days ago when I was doing my listening practice, I found my idea was quite different from the author’s. He insisted that family should be the first while I hold the opposite idea. Let me explain my opinion step by step.

Drawing a conclusion to which one should be the first, career or family, we should depend on the following two aspects: Which one will do more to your life-long dreams and value; And which one promotes the development of society. It’s normal that there always be a conflict between career and family. However we should have an objective commemt. That is which one gives more contribution. I wonder how can a family be permanent without
the guarantee of career.

Talking about achieving our value, we ought to combine it with our needs. What we need includes three sides: The need of existance, the need of enjoying and the need of development. At this time, we must have a clear mind that career or family which one has more ability to satisfy these, which one is related to these from the beginning to the end. There is no doubt that the answer is career. Referring to the value of society, we automatically think of work and creation. I do agree that family have something to do with these sometimes, but the productivity it brings to us is far less than what the career gives. What is the resource of the develpoping society? Of course, productivity. And through which the improvement of productivity can be shown. The answer is career as well.

When asked what is the final destination for our career, you may said because you want to support a big family. I think maybe this answer belongs to one of our destination, but not the final one. We pay more attention to our career mainly because we desire to do something to meet the need of our society.

If a country wants to be more powerful, it needs creative thought and continuous work, which obviously comes from career. With our country becoming stronger, we become stronger, too. In the contrary, if we never put career first, how can a family exist without the support of the society.

A person who really has a deep understanding of his value, he/she should fight for his career first!

Actually, the spirit of pursuing higher career is also the spirit we indicate in present day. No matter which period of age we are at, we should keep our passion for reaching the higher level. Only in this way can we really get self value.

Compared the truth and value, yourself and the society, with a overall mind. You will come to a conclusion that career is rather significant!

Above is my statement for my opinion. Different people have different viewpoint. Some people, especially ladies, always think it’s their duty to do the housework and they are fated to be the housewives. Never will I agree. Doing more housework is OK for ladies but ladis should have independence. As a lady in 21th. Century, we ought to spare no effort to gain our position in the society. Therefore, I won’t get married until I have an achievement in my career!!

评分人数

• evaxiaofan

In my opinion, work and family are not in opposition to each other, both of them  just play an different roles in our life, work can give us something to live on, and we can realize individual value through it, while family is always a place where you can escape from trouble in work and you can get encouragement. If you find a line between them, I think they can enhance each other, so I do not think one is less important than the other, you can have got both in the meantime~~

返回列表