听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » English Corner » The Chinese Dragon Boat Festival
返回列表 发帖

The Chinese Dragon Boat Festival

The Chinese Dragon Boat Festival

The Dragon Boat Festival is a lunar holiday, occurring on the fifth day of the fifth lunar month

The Chinese Dragon Boat Festival is a significant holiday celebrated in China, and the one with the longest history. The Dragon Boat Festival is celebrated by boat races in the shape of dragons. Competing teams row their boats forward to a drumbeat racing to reach the finish end first.

The boat races during the Dragon Boat Festival are traditional customs to attempts to rescue the patriotic poet Chu Yuan. Chu Yuan drowned on the fifth day of the fifth lunar month in 277 B.C. Chinese citizens now throw bamboo leaves filled with cooked rice into the water. Therefore the fish could eat the rice rather than the hero poet. This later on turned into the custom of eating tzungtzu and rice dumplings.

The celebration's is a time for protection from evil and disease for the rest of the year. It is done so by different practices such as hanging healthy herbs on the front door, drinking nutritious concoctions, and displaying portraits of evil's nemesis, Chung Kuei. If one manages to stand an egg on it's end at exactly 12:00 noon, the following year will be a lucky one.

Have you already eaten rice dumplings?How do you intend to celebrate this traditional festival?
附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

回复 1# xiaomeixin

Happy Dragon Boat Festival to everybody in Tingroom.Wish you have a good day.

my poor Dragon Boat Festival ,because I ate  instant noodles instead of rice dumplings.

评分人数

回复 3# 莎莎dawn

I have just eaten one.It's very nice.My aunt made it.

Happy Dragon Boat Festival~
This morning I have eaten it! My mom made it, it tastes really good!

评分人数

回复 5# Sanmal

I ate one for breakfast this morning.

本帖最后由 xiaomeixin 于 2011-6-7 10:53 编辑

I ate five rice dumplings in(on) the Dragon Boat Festival that was(were) made by my mother.It is(They are) quite delicious that I took some back home and continue to eat today.

评分人数

• xiaomeixin

stayed in the hostel,thought zongzi

评分人数

回复 6# xiaomeixin

me too!

评分人数

回复 8# lghmhw

Don't you have rice dumpling to eat?

回复 10# xiaomeixin

no,i haven't.
poor~

回复 11# lghmhw

You can buy one in the street.

回复 12# xiaomeixin

yes,i do

回复 3# 莎莎dawn

how poor

回复 14# gaodaiyongbbs

本帖最后由 xiaomeixin 于 2011-6-9 17:16 编辑

I ate many rice dumplings, and I slept all day on that day.

评分人数

• xiaomeixin

返回列表