听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【新概念教室】 » 新概念入门第二册51
返回列表 发帖

新概念入门第二册51

Lesson 51
Reward for virtue
My friend, Hugh, has always been fat, (1)__________________________. He began his diet a week ago. First of all, he worte out a long list of all the foods which were forbidden. The list included most of the things Hugh loves: butter,potatoes,rice,beer,milk,chocolate,and sweets. Yesterday I paid him a visit. (2)_________________________. He led me into his room and hurriedly hid a large parcel under his desk. It was obvious that he was very embarrassed. When I asked him what he was doing, he smiled guiltily and then put the parcel on the desk. (3)______________________. Then he showed me the contents of the parcel. It contained five large bars of chocolate and three bags of sweets!

New words and expressions
reward n.报尝
virtue n.美德
diet n节食
forbid v.禁止
hurriedly adv.匆忙地
embarrass v.使尴尬
guiltily adv.内疚的
strict adj.严格的
reward v.给奖赏
occasionally adv.偶尔地
Notes on the text
1 Reward for virtue,virtue 作"美德"讲,此处揹"节食"一事。
2 but things got so bad,但是情况变得如此糟糕。动词get 作"变得","成为"讲。
3 go on a diet(=be on a diet),实行节食。
4 first of all,首先。
5 I paid him a visit.我去拜访他。
6 as fat as ever. 像以往一样胖,其中的as ever实际上是状语从句as he ever was的省略形式。
7 It was obvious that he was very embarrassed.显然他感到很尴尬。that 引导的从句是一个名词性从句,在句子中作主语,it 是先行主语.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

网速太慢

回复 2# Maythankyou

您说的网速慢指的什么呢?论坛网速慢么?

1 . but things got so bad recently and he decided to go on a diet.
2.  I rang the bell and was not surprised to see that Hugh was still as fat as ever.
3.  he explained that his diet was so strict that he had to reward himself occasionly.

1 But things got so bad recently that he decided to go on a diet.
2 I rang the bell and was not surprised to see that he was still as fat as ever.
3 He expiained that hie diet was so strict that he had to reward himself occasionly.

噢噢 看看

1 but things got so bad recently that he decided to go on the diet.
2 I rang the bell  and was not surprised to see that Hugh was still as fat as ever.
3 he explained that his diet was so strict that he had to reward himself occassionally.

very well!可惜了。我的水平还浅,听不出来。

返回列表