听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【新概念教室】 » 新概念入门第三册 57 PART A
返回列表 发帖

新概念入门第三册 57 PART A

Lesson 57 PART A
Back in the old country
I stopped to let the car cool off and to study the map. I had expected to be near my objective by now, but everything still seemed alien to me. I was only five when my father had taken me abroad, and that we eighteen years ago. (1)_______________________. Everything around him was full of her presence, continually reopening the wound. So he decided to emigrate. In the new country he became absorbed in making a new life for the two of us, so that he gradually ceased to grieve. He did not marry again and I was brought up without a woman's care; but I lacked for nothing, for he was both father and mother to me. He always meant to go back on day, but not to stay. His roots and mine had become too firmly embedded in the new land. But he wanted to see the old folk again and to visit my mother's grave. (2)_______________________.
I hired a car the day after landing and bought a comprehensive book of maps, which I found most helpful on the cross-country journey, but which I did not think I should need on the last stage. It was not that I actually remembered anything at all. (3)_______________________. Well, I had been wrong, for I was now lost.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

when my mother has died after the tragic accident.he did not quickly recover from the shock and loneliness.

he became more...  a few months before we have planned to go. and when he knew that HE WAS dying he made me promised to go my home.

but my father has described over and over again what we should see it every  mile stone after leaving the nearest town. so taht i was i should organized as the millions..

评分人数

返回列表