听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 雅思 » 雅思口语Part2话题: 家乡的变化 A change
返回列表 发帖

雅思口语Part2话题: 家乡的变化 A change

Describe an area of your hometown that has recently changed.

You should say:

what part of your hometown has changed

what changes have been made

what caused this change

an explain how you feel about these changes.

I was told that in the near future, the subway system would be introduced to my hometown, which I believe is a fantastic change, because it can solve quite a few problems that have been bothered our citizens for a long time.

The traffic condition in my hometown, to be honest, is really horrible, especially during rush hours. For example, my mom is always late for work, because her work place is on the other side of the town. If the traffic is good, she needs to spend about half an hour to get there. But actually, every working day, it takes her at least an hour to get to her office. And for me, my school is actually quite near, but I have to get up early, you know, to set aside some extra time, just to make sure that I won’t be late because of the annoying traffic. And my dad always loses his temper when he’s stuck in a traffic jam.

If the subway system is constructed, I don’t think my mom would be late again. You know, the subway always runs on schedule. And I’m sure it’s a better means of public transportation than the bus, ‘cause it’s less crowded and way cleaner. And as far as I know, all the subway systems are equipped with air conditioning, so it would be cozy during summer and winter. And the most important thing is that the traffic congestion would be alleviated effectively. Many people would choose the subway to get around rather than driving themselves, because it’s more efficient. I believe the number of traffic accidents would be reduced as well, ‘cause there would be less vehicles running on the road. And as a result, our air condition would also be improved.

So this change is really good news for my hometown.

返回列表