听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 写作提高 » 【光影岁月中的人+事】Helen Keller-宁静世界里的女神
返回列表 发帖

【光影岁月中的人+事】Helen Keller-宁静世界里的女神

本帖最后由 evaxiaofan 于 2010-12-4 18:11 编辑

Helen Adams Keller was an American author and lecturer. She was born in Tuscumbia, Alabama on June 27, 1880 and died on June 1, 1968.

【海伦凯勒语录】

1. Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.
  虽然这个世界充满了苦难,但也充满了征服苦难的事情。

2.Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do anything good in the world.
  自怜是我们最大的敌人,如果我们对自怜让步,我们就无法在世上做任何好事。

3. The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart.
  世界上最好与最美的事物,是无法被看到或甚至是被触摸。他们一定是在内心的深处才能被感觉到。

Helen Keller, US blind & deaf educator (1880 - 1968)

4. Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn whatever state I am in, I will be content.
  每一件事情都有它奇妙的地方,甚至是黑暗与寂静。我学到了不论我处在那一种状态,我都是知足的。

5. I do not want the peace which passes understanding, I want the understanding which brings peace.
  我不想要平静带来理解,我想要的是理解,然后带来平静。

6. People do not like to think. If one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant.
  人们不喜欢思考。如果一个人思考,他必须达到结论,但结论却未必总是令人愉悦的。

7. Never bend your head. Hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.
  千万不要低头,应该把头抬的高高的,眼睛直视世界。

8. One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
  当人感觉到有飞扬的冲动时,他一定无法同意匍匐前进。

9. Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
  心性无法在舒服安静的环境中发展。唯过试炼与苦难的经验,灵魂才能够被强化,企图心才能被激发,才能达到成功。

Portrait of Miss Keller wearing her University of Glasgow doctoral gown, circa 1932.

10. The highest result of education is tolerance.
  教育的最高结果,是容忍。

We could never learn to be brave and patient, if there were only joy in the world.
  如果世上只有喜悦,我们可能从未学习勇敢与耐心。

12. When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
  当一扇幸福之门关闭时,另一扇会打开;但经常我们总是注视那扇关闭的门太久,以致于无法看到那扇已为我们打开的门。

13. Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature.... Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
  安全,大致上来说,是一种迷信。它并不存在于自然当中…生命要不然是一场无畏大胆的冒险,要不然就是一无所有。

14. Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.
  许多人对于“真正的快乐是如何构成的”有一种错误的想法。真正的快乐并不是透过自我满足达到的,而是透过对一项有价值的目标的忠诚。

15.We may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all – the apathy of human beings.
        世间大部分不幸也许都有补救之方,但其中最不幸的却无药可救,那就是人类的冷漠.

16.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.The fearful are caught as often as the bold.
       长远看来,逃避危险并不比直面危险更安全.懦弱都和勇敢者遭遇不幸的几率差不多.

17.When we do the best we can,we never know what miracle is wrought in our life ,or in the life of another.
       当我们尽力而为的时候,我们并不知道会给自己的人生,或给别人的人生,带来什么样的奇迹.

18.Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow.
       面对着阳光,这样你就看不到阴影.

.We can do anything we want to do if we stick to it long enough.
       只要我们有足够的恒心,便能做成任何想做之事.

20.The best way out is always through.
       出离危难最好的办法是”穿行.

21.It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
       目能见物却没有见解,真是一件可怕的事情.

i can't see these picture ,they only can  be seen by 163 consumer

回复 2# davy10

Thanks a lot~!~

it is ok now~~

I can't see them too,I like Helen keller'quotation

回复 4# alyson

现在应该看得到了~~

返回列表