听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 环球英语 » 奥巴马首度回应身世质疑
返回列表 发帖

奥巴马首度回应身世质疑

奥巴马首度公开回应竞选资格质疑

President Barack Obama on Wednesday released a longer version of his birth certificate to answer Republican charges he was not born in America, and blasted "carnival barkers" who refuse to let the issue die.
美国总统贝拉克·奥巴马本周三公布了一份完整版的出生证明,以回应共和党有关自己不是在美国出生的质疑,并讽刺那些揪住这个问题不放的人是“嘉年华小丑”。

Obama took the unusual step of making a statement in the White House press briefing room to comment on the controversy, which has been raised most recently by real estate tycoon Donald Trump, who is considering a 2012 run for the Republican presidential nomination.
与以往不同的是,奥巴马此次选择在白宫召开新闻发布会来澄清这一质疑。房产大亨·唐纳德特朗普最近再次翻出此事。特普朗有意竞选2012年美国大选共和党候选人。

"We do not have time for this silliness," Obama said in an easy-going appearance that turned serious when he addressed what he called a distraction from the real issues.
奥巴马表现得很放松,但在谈到这会让人从要事中分心时,转而严肃地说,“我们可没空处理这种蠢事。”

US television networks broke into their regular programing for Obama's statement, giving him valuable air time just as the 2012 campaign is beginning to stir.
美国多家电视台插播了这则消息,这使奥巴马在2012年大选前有了宝贵的时间澄清此事。

"I can't get the networks to break in on all kinds of other discussions," the president said with a smile as he stepped onto the podium.
奥巴马走上台,笑着说:“要是因为其它问题,我就没法让电视台打断节目了。”

Obama in his two years in office has had to deal with charges that he does not meet the constitutional requirement that a president must be U.S. born, and separately, some have said he was a Muslim, when in fact he is a Christian.
在就职的两年多时间里,一直有人质疑他的身份问题,认为他不符合参选总统的条件。根据美国宪法,只有在美国出生的人才能就任总统。还有些人甚至称他是穆斯林,而事实上他信仰基督教。

The new document confirms what a shorter version released in 2008 has said, that Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, on August 4, 1961, the son of father from Kenya and a mother from Kansas.
新的出生证明确认了2008年公布的一份简短证明中所写的内容:奥巴马于1961年8月4日在夏威夷檀香山出生,父亲是肯尼亚人,母亲是美国堪萨斯人。

Trump, speaking in New Hampshire, told reporters that he was "really happy" that Obama addressed the issue and is ready to debate other issues.
特朗普在新罕布什尔州告诉记者,他“很高兴”奥巴马回应了出生地问题,而且准备好与奥巴马就其它问题展开辩论。

"I feel I've accomplished something really, really important and I'm honored by it," Trump said in remarks shown live on CNN.
特朗普在接受美国有线新闻网直播采访时说:“我感觉完成了一件重要的事情,我对此很骄傲。”

Some conspiracy theorists have tried to make the case that the "Certificate of Live Birth" released in the 2008 campaign was insufficient and that Obama was in fact born in Kenya, even though the short form issued by the Hawaiian state government was all that was necessary for official business like obtaining a driver's license.
虽然夏威夷州政府出具的简要出生证明已经足以作为办驾照等事务时的凭证,但某些阴谋论者还是试图证明2008大选时奥巴马公布的“出生证明”信息不足,以及奥巴马出生在肯尼亚。

评分人数

• davy10

I think  the constitutional requirement that a president must be U.S. born is not reasonable .

回复 2# davy10

但是我觉得一个国家的统治者当然应该由有这个国家血统的人来担任了。

返回列表