听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » English Corner » 美语怎么说012: 宅男宅女
返回列表 发帖

美语怎么说012: 宅男宅女

Jessica 在北京学汉语,她的中国朋友要是遇到了不知道用美语怎么说的词,就会来请教他。今天是吴琼要问的:宅男宅女。

Jessica: Wuqiong, 听说你表妹从上海来看你了,怎么样, Are you two getting along?

wq: 唉,她哪是来看我。整天待在家里,根本不理我,每天就知道上网,看电视,也不出去玩儿。标准的宅女! 像这种特别“宅”的人,在美语里叫什么?

Jessica: I think you can call them "homebodies". A homebody is a person who prefers to stay at home and seldom goes out.

wq: homebody? home 就是家的意思,body 是身体,两个词连在一起---身体长在家里了,就是homebody! 宅男宅女! My cousin is totally a homebody! 哈哈,我回家要告诉她这句话!

Jessica: Well, you can also call her a "shut-in". s-h-u-t, shut; i-n, in--shut-in.

wq: 哦,shut-in 也是指不愿意出门和别人交往的宅男宅女! 我要告诉我表妹,Don't be a shut-in! Go out and get some fresh air!

Jessica: 对! 让她出去转转,不然,Her brain will rot if she stays home and stares at a screen all the time!

wq: 啊?r-o-t, rot 不是腐烂么?Her brain will rot 就是“她脑子要发霉”的意思吧?

Jessica: That's right! Being a couch potato isn't healthy.

wq: 没错。couch potato, 沙发土豆,就是一天到晚赖在沙发上看电视的人。每天不运动,变得圆滚滚的,跟个potato--大土豆一样!

Jessica: I'm sure your cousin doesn't wan to look like a potato! Now, tell me what you've learned today!

wq: 第一,宅男宅女叫 homebody, 或者 shut-in; 第二,一天到晚坐在沙发上看电视的人叫 couch potato;
第三,说脑子要发霉了,就是Your brain will rot!

I am also a homebody.I prefer to stay at home than to go out.Being at home make me feel safe and comfortable.I don't love to travel and I haven't ever been out of Guangdong province.

回复 2# xiaomeixin

the world is beautiful, maybe you should go out and have a sightseeing..

回复 3# 李武军

I know that the world is beautiful.But I just don't want to go out.I don't like to take buses.

回复 4# xiaomeixin

while I always go out by bike.....

I don't like to be a homebody,I love to get some fresh air and enjoy the sunshine.If letting me always stay at home,my brain will rot too.

回复 6# 莎莎dawn

me too.

返回列表