听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 休闲乐园 » 成功签入心仪的公司?
返回列表 发帖

成功签入心仪的公司?

能进入一家好公司,入职的那一刻是否有胜利的喜悦呢?

Situation: Raymond succeeded in passing the interview. He has come to sign the contract with Jackie.
情景:雷蒙德成功地通过了面试后,他来和人事主管杰克签订劳动合同。

Jack: How are you Raymond?
杰克:你好雷蒙德先生。

Raymond: Fine, glad to see you again, Jack.
雷蒙德:你好杰克先生,很高兴再次见到你。

Jack: Me too. Please be seated. As far as I know, the HR manager has already given you some information about your employee contract, but I think it is necessary for us to go over the main details again before we sign it. First, you will get a monthly salary. Second, one month paid vacation will be offered to you after one year of service. Lastly, no probation is involved.
杰克:请坐。据我所知,人事主管已经跟你讲了劳动合同的相关内容。但是我认为我们有必要在签订合同之前回顾一下合同的主要细节。首先,你的工资按月薪的形式支付。其次在你工作满一年后将会有一个月的带薪休假。另外,公司没有试用期。

Raymond: That's what I understand.
雷蒙德:我清楚了。

Jack: Well, your salary includes a base salary and bonuses. This means you will work on commission. Since you'll be a member of middle management, you're expected to be available up to 1 hour past normal working hours. Any approved overtime over that will be paid at time and a half, which you can take as salary or time off.
杰克:嗯,你的工资由底薪和奖金两部分组成。也就是说公司将按你的业绩给你提成奖金。由于你是公司中层,你需要比正常的工作时间多出一小时,超出的加班时间将付给你1.5倍的工资。可以以现金或假期的形式兑现。

Raymond: That sounds reasonable.
雷蒙德:听起来还挺合理的。

Jack: You will also be covered by our medical insurance plan while you work here. A reasonable number of sick days will be covered by the company. Any extended illness will be covered by insurance. You'd better give the company a doctor's excuse when you want to call in sick.
杰克:你工作后享受医疗保险。合理的病假公司将照常支付工资,超出范围的由保险公司支付。如果你请病假的话最好留着医生证明。

Raymond: All right.
雷蒙德:可以。

Jack: Have you read the other items in the contract?
杰克:合同的其他条款你阅读过了吗?

Raymond: Sure, I have.
雷蒙德:已经看过了。

Jack: Do you have any questions?
杰克:那你还有什么问题吗?

Raymond: Oh, I was wondering whether the flex-time in the contract is available to me.
雷蒙德:嗯,我想问一下合同条款中的弹性工作时间的规定也适用于我吗?

Jack: Maybe, but I think you will have to discuss it with your manager.
杰克:也许吧,不过我想你最好跟你的经理先谈一下。

Raymond: That's acceptable.
雷蒙德:可以接受。

Jack: OK. If everything is clear, please just sign your name here and you can start work in five days.
杰克:好吧,如果没什么问题请在这签字吧,五天之内你就可以上班了。

Links:
1. be seated 和sit down一样都是“坐下”的意思,是较正式的说法。但是值得注意的是,seat在这个用法中是被动语态,也就是说seat是及物动词,将之还原回去是somebody seat oneself. Sit是不能这样用的。Seat还有“能坐多少人,可容纳多少人”的意思,
例句:
These newly built theater seats much more people than the old one.
这个新建的剧院比以前的那个能多容纳很多人。

2. as far as I know 意思是据我所知,前面的as far as是根据或就某事而言的意思,与此相关的短语还有as far as I am concerned就我而言。该短语中第一个as 还可以换成so, 即so far as, 例句:
As/So far as color is concerned, this skirt is certainly unique!
就色调而言,这条裙子还是很与众不同的。

3. go over的意思是仔细检查、复习、回顾。
例句:
He always goes over his work before he hands it in.
他每次交工之前总要仔细检查一遍。

4. work on commission的意思是从事按业绩提成的工作。短语中的commission本身就有佣金之意,另外还可以表示委任状。
例句:
Most salesmen nowadays have gotten used to working on commission.
如今绝大部分业务员都习惯了按提成工作。  

5. overtime 加班(时间),既可以作名词也可以作副词。
例句:
He promised his boss he would work overtime for the company as long as he was needed.
他向老板许诺只要公司需要他就愿意加班。

6. (take) time off 意思是休假、抽出时间。类似的用法还有day off, 用来表示请假或休假,我们通常会在day off 前加上日期、数字来表示休假时间的长短。
例句:
On my last day off, I went to Xi'an to see the Terracotta Warriors and Horses.
上次休假时我去西安看了秦始皇兵马俑。

7. doctor's excuse 意思是医生证明。千万不可望文生义地以为这是“医生的借口”,而是医生所写的小纸笺,用以证明某人因病不能上班或者上学。英国人将之称为sick note.

English Kaleidoscope

这个故事估计中国人都知道,似乎是小学时候课本里的内容。今天用英文再次重温,不知道会不会引得大家回想起许多往事啊.......呵呵!

A Foolish Man Buys Shoes

In the past there lived a foolish man in a small kingdom called Zheng. One day he wanted to buy himself a pair of new shoes. He measured his feet with a ruler first and wrote down his size. But he was in such a hurry to set out (出发) that he left it at home.
When he arrived at a shoe shop, he felt in the pocket only to find that it was not there. So he said apologetically(抱歉地), 'I have left the measurement at home and don't know the size. I'll fetch(取回) it in one minute.' With these words he hurried off(匆忙跑开) as fast as his legs could carry him.
He ran back home, found it and then to the shop again. But still it took him quite a while and the shop was already closed then. He had gone to all this trouble for nothing and did not get his shoes.
Then someone asked him, 'Did you buy the shoes for yourself or someone else?' 'For myself, of course.' he answered. 'Then why don't you try the shoes on by yourself?'  

Live and Learn

You are talking to an English-speaking friend. You want to suggest going out for a special expensive meal. Here is a useful phrase: Let’s splash out and have a meal of……

你正与一位说英语的朋友交谈。你想建议到外面潇洒地吃一顿大餐,就可以说 Let’s splash out and have a meal of……(让我们潇洒一回,到…….去吃个大餐。)

提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
签名被屏蔽

提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
签名被屏蔽

taht's really lucky and hardworking

返回列表