听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » 波兰首位变性议员已上任
返回列表 发帖

波兰首位变性议员已上任

Poland's first transsexual member of parliament is to be sworn in on Tuesday, in what has traditionally been a socially conservative country.
波兰首位变性议员将于周二宣誓上任,波兰被认为是一个保守国家。
Anna Grodzka represents Poland\s Palikot anti-clerical party, the third largest in parliament
Fifty-seven-year-old Anna Grodzka was previously a man, known as Krzysztof, before having surgery in Thailand.

Poland's first openly gay MP will also be sworn in, following the general election in October.
Analysts say the electoral success of the party they both represent is a sign of the waning(渐亏的) influence of the Church.
The party, the Palikot Movement, has taken a strong anti-clerical stance, criticizing Roman Catholic priests who get involved in politics.
It surprised many observers by winning 10% of the vote in the general election, making it the third largest political grouping in the Polish parliament.
Palikot campaigned for the legalisation of abortion, gay marriage and marijuana(大麻) .
Many people have argued that its success shows the Roman Catholic hierarchy(等级制度) is out of touch with Polish youth.
"It's a real signal, especially about young people, that the form of religion presented sometimes in Poland by the Catholic Church is not well addressed to young people," says Maciej Zieba, the former head of the Dominican Order.
"Obviously it's a challenge, it's a problem - not how to fight with anti-clericalism(教权主义) but how to preach the Gospel."
Anna Grodzka says the response to her election has been mixed.
"When I've met people on the streets I've mainly had a favourable reaction."
"Of course there's also been aggressive behaviour too," she says.
"It's been a little worse in political and media circles that don't always understand the problems of transsexual issues and they try to use the fact I was a man against me."
Robert Biedron, Poland's first openly gay lawmaker, has said he will campaign for legislation to tackle discrimination against gay and transsexual people in Poland, and to legalise civil unions for gay couples.
更多英语新闻

返回列表