听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » 美文欣赏:一句简单的问候
返回列表 发帖

美文欣赏:一句简单的问候

Early one morning I gathered a beautiful bouquet of sweet-smelling long-stemmed roses formyself. The roses were definitely a delight for my eyes. While I thought about how pleasingthey were for me to enjoy, a calm, gentle voice outside of myself simply said, Give them to your friend.

I went straight into the house and I arranged the roses in a vase. Then I wrote this note assmall as I could: For my friend…

I went across the street to my neighbor's, who is also one of my closest friends, and I left thebouquet at the front door.

Later that day my friend called to thank me. She said the flowers were a true blessing. Late thenight before she had been arguing with one of her children, being cruel, as teenagers cansometimes be, her child said to her, "You have no friends."

What a surprise when she went to leave for work that morning and found not just theblessings of the bouquet of flowers, but the tiny note which simply said, "For my friend."

The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply.

I believe the art of living consists not so much in complicatingsimple things as in simplifyingthings that are not.

Early one morning I gathered a beautiful bouquet of sweet-smelling long-stemmed roses formyself. The roses were definitely a delight for my eyes. While I thought about how pleasingthey were for me to enjoy, a calm, gentle voice outside of myself simply said, Give them to your friend.

I went straight into the house and I arranged the roses in a vase. Then I wrote this note assmall as I could: For my friend…

I went across the street to my neighbor's, who is also one of my closest friends, and I left thebouquet at the front door.

Later that day my friend called to thank me. She said the flowers were a true blessing. Late thenight before she had been arguing with one of her children, being cruel, as teenagers cansometimes be, her child said to her, "You have no friends."

What a surprise when she went to leave for work that morning and found not just theblessings of the bouquet of flowers, but the tiny note which simply said, "For my friend."

The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply.

I believe the art of living consists not so much in complicatingsimple things as in simplifyingthings that are not.

一天早上我给自己采了一束芬芳馥郁的玫瑰。这些花儿是那么让人赏心悦目。正当我想着独自欣赏这些玫瑰是如何惬意时,耳畔仿佛听见有人温柔平静地说:“把它送给你的朋友吧。”

我径直走进屋里,把花插在花瓶里。然后写了一张很小的纸条:送给我的朋友……

我走过马路,来到邻居的屋前。她还是我的挚友。然后我把花束放在她的门前。

后来朋友打电话向我致谢。她说那些花儿是一种实实在在的祝福。前天晚上,她刚跟自己的一个孩子吵架。孩子大发脾气,就像其他十来岁的孩子有时会大发雷霆一样,孩子对她说:“你没有朋友。”

第二天早上她正要出门上班时惊讶地发现了那束花,花儿带来了祝福,但更重要的是写在小纸条上的一句问候:“送给我的朋友”。

显而易见的东西往往被人忽略,直到有人把它简单地说出来。

我相信生活的艺术不在于把简单的事情复杂化,而在于简化那些本来并不简单的事情。

返回列表