听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语笑话】 » 看笑话学英语:A Rich Father
返回列表 发帖

看笑话学英语:A Rich Father

John D.Rocke feller, the wellkn own millionaire,gave away millions, but he himself was very mean about small sums of money. One day he went to stay at a hotel in New York and asked for the cheapest room in it. He said,“I am staying here alone and only need a small room.”

The manager showed him into a room and said,“This is our smallest and cheapest room,” and added,“but why do you choose a poor room like this? When your son stays here, he always has our most expensive room ;yours is our cheapest.”

“Oh!yes,”said Rockefeller,“but his father is a rich man;mine isn't.”

John D.Rocke feller, the wellkn own millionaire,gave away millions, but he himself was very mean about small sums of money. One day he went to stay at a hotel in New York and asked for the cheapest room in it. He said,“I am staying here alone and only need a small room.”

The manager showed him into a room and said,“This is our smallest and cheapest room,” and added,“but why do you choose a poor room like this? When your son stays here, he always has our most expensive room ;yours is our cheapest.”

“Oh!yes,”said Rockefeller,“but his father is a rich man;mine isn't.”

有钱的父亲

著名的百万富翁,约翰•D洛克菲勒,捐款达数百万元,但他本人在小钱上却非常节俭。有一天,他去住纽约的一家旅馆,要旅馆里最便宜的房间。他说:“我一个人住在这儿,只需要一个小房间。”

旅馆经理领他到一个房间里,说:“这是我们这里最小最便宜的房间。”接着又说:“可是你为什么要选这么差劲的房间呢?你儿子每次住在我们这里,都要最贵的房间;而你却住最便宜的。”

“啊!是这样。”洛克菲勒说:“但是他的父亲是个有钱人;我的父亲却不是。”

返回列表